View Single Post
      08-09-2023, 07:51 PM   #16
rcouchh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM G87

I just ordered a set of VT Forged. Very well priced and have some really nice designs. Owner is a really cool guy. If you're interested, hit him up on instagram and tell him I sent you! They are probably the only ones right now that have the perfect flush fitment figured out for G87. I wanted good priced 1-pc monoblock wheels that had aggressive fitment and max concavity.

Did a ton of research on most of these before I pulled the trigger on the above, below are my thoughts (just my opinions!)

-Edelweiss, I think they're the worst looking wheels for F8X and G8X but for some reason a lot of people like them. Not a fan

-M-Performance wheels have really bad specs and still heavy/expensive. Many of the options are still cast. I would not want to run spacers or replace cast wheels with cast wheels.

-HRE's are extremely overpriced and meh designs unless you're spending $15-20k. Their flow-formed only have 2 designs, both look like shit and just like the Edelweiss. Not to mention they are as expensive as smaller companies forged monoblocks.

-Vossens, very overpriced again at this point, 1 piece forged start at $2.4k a piece.

-BBS are fantastic but very very expensive ($2-4k per wheel for 1 piece?? cmon..). If money were no object I'd prob have a set of FI-R's. The VT Forged I went with are basically FI-R style for 1/4 the cost.

-Titan7's are great, I had the TS-5 on my F87 and loved them but I wanted to switch it up. They also only offer 2 designs, both in 1-2 colors for G87 and the specs are off. Was my first choice but I wasn't happy with their offerings after speaking them on the phone for some time.

-Apex are pretty nice, looked into them but didn't love the designs either. VS5R would be my pick but I see them too often on G8X now. I dont want to go to a car show and see 4 people running the same wheels as me.

-Litespeed is another option someone mentioned, they look sick and are super lightweight but are $$$ for their magnesium blend.

Last edited by rcouchh; 08-09-2023 at 08:06 PM..
Appreciate 1
sl0m01296.00