09-06-2023, 06:14 AM   #45
dmr
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreet_mayor View Post
Pretty sure I coded antidazzle per instructions, didn't seem to have worked. Does it only activate past a certain speed?

Also wondering if VO coding might be necessary (removal of decoding for antidazzle).

As for ASD, it could be my imagination, but it souds a little less intrusive. Not too sure what I could do to compare more accurately than a general impression.
Answering my own question, looks like default activation is 60 Km/h. Can anyone confirm? Also, I am tempted to code in a much lower, arbitrary value than the three available. Is such coding known to work?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2023, 09:30 AM   #46
Chris13002
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreet_mayor View Post
Answering my own question, looks like default activation is 60 Km/h. Can anyone confirm? Also, I am tempted to code in a much lower, arbitrary value than the three available. Is such coding known to work?
It depends on multiple variables, especially if you are in a city with lots of headlights etc... I notice it come on as early as 27mph.

Another nitpick thing I noticed were the cornering lights. This video shows a 2022 M4 activate the corner lights at 8:40 when using the turn signals while stopped. My car doesn't do that, but seems to activate both cornering lights while going in reverse.

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2023, 04:12 PM   #47
Rx-7ames
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M2

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [5.00]
I just had my first night drive home and the anti-dazzle is pretty cool. I passed by 30 or so cars, never got flashed, and watched the high beams move around the cars each time. I think it's worth coding. I love this feature.
Appreciate 2
M2siast5997.50
aerobod3725.50
      09-28-2023, 08:36 AM   #48
M33Three
Rep
Drives: Something or another BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx-7ames View Post
I just had my first night drive home and the anti-dazzle is pretty cool. I passed by 30 or so cars, never got flashed, and watched the high beams move around the cars each time. I think it's worth coding. I love this feature.
On ID8??? Have 2023 G87 looking to try and code it. TY
Appreciate 2
      12-27-2023, 11:24 AM   #49
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2siast View Post
And it worked in our car too! Bimmercode should make this available now without going to Expert mode!

Yup, I was able to make it work. Fog makes it clearer to see in pictures, thanks for sharing!

I was wrong. I followed Bimmercode's message saying it wasn't supported, but you can do it with Bimmercode.

Thank you!

Though it was done in an M3/M4 with iDrive 7, it works just as well in our cars, I tested it and now have it coded.

Why don't they just release it? LOL maybe they're germans and are waiting for the FULL support, but it works the same as an older F series 5 series I coded before.

You were right, of course. It does work. Yay!

For those who don't want to watch the video, or need the notes, all you have to do is:

Open Bimmercode
Choose 3 Series/M3

- Go into the BDC Module
- Choose Expert Mode
- Find the following options and change them to these settings:

LA1
C_BLC_PRE_ENA | 1
LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y | AFS

LA2
C_AFS_ECO_LEVEL_3_ENA | 01
C_AFS_ENA | 01

LA3
LUT_AFS_CODRV_HOR | standard/init
LUT_AFS_DRV_HOR | F040_G005_AHL...
C_CLC_CURV_V2 | 23
C_CLC_CURV_V3 | 28
C_CLC_EXT_ENA | 01
C_HBA_DIM_ENA | 01
C_HBA_GFHBA_ENA_V_HI | 3C
C_HBA_GFHB_ENA | 01

- Hit "Code"
- Enjoy!
I could only find LAMaster1/2/3. I saw all the same options under these sections. Hopefully all worked out. Haven’t tried it yet. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 10:18 PM   #50
xps
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2siast View Post
You were right, of course. It does work. Yay!

For those who don't want to watch the video, or need the notes, all you have to do is:

Open Bimmercode
Choose 3 Series/M3

- Go into the BDC Module
- Choose Expert Mode
- Find the following options and change them to these settings:

LA1
C_BLC_PRE_ENA | 1
LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y | AFS

LA2
C_AFS_ECO_LEVEL_3_ENA | 01
C_AFS_ENA | 01

LA3
LUT_AFS_CODRV_HOR | standard/init
LUT_AFS_DRV_HOR | F040_G005_AHL...
C_CLC_CURV_V2 | 23
C_CLC_CURV_V3 | 28
C_CLC_EXT_ENA | 01
C_HBA_DIM_ENA | 01
C_HBA_GFHBA_ENA_V_HI | 3C
C_HBA_GFHB_ENA | 01

- Hit "Code"
- Enjoy!
I coded exactly like you have in the post, I am not really sure what to expect. I do see the high-beam (blue light icon with A) stays on when there are upcoming vehicles, but I don’t see the lights moving or being as drastic as seen in some videos
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 11:24 PM   #51
M2siast
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Family Sedan

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xps View Post
I coded exactly like you have in the post, I am not really sure what to expect. I do see the high-beam (blue light icon with A) stays on when there are upcoming vehicles, but I don’t see the lights moving or being as drastic as seen in some videos
Was it super dark? If the light is blue and there are cars around, it’s working.

You might just see the right light moving slightly to the side to avoid the car in front, while turning off the left one, for example.

It’s cool if you’re following someone and you can see the high beams on and they just miss the car in front.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2024, 09:20 PM   #52
sammyj
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

I’m convinced that you can code yellow DRLs in expert mode too, but haven’t a clue how.
      01-11-2024, 10:30 PM   #53
M2siast
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyj View Post
I’m convinced that you can code yellow DRLs in expert mode too, but haven’t a clue how.
I made them make me an orange juice every time I approach the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 09:13 PM   #54
sammyj
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Update, I coded this tonight, thanks M2siast!

This is truly one of the coolest features in the car! It is literally light show magic. Helped me spot a deer on my test drive with it, and just seems so accurate and cool. I swear I love this car more and more every day, and this feature 10x’s the value you get from adaptive headlamps.
      01-18-2024, 09:29 PM   #55
M2siast
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyj View Post
Update, I coded this tonight, thanks M2siast!

This is truly one of the coolest features in the car! It is literally light show magic. Helped me spot a deer on my test drive with it, and just seems so accurate and cool. I swear I love this car more and more every day, and this feature 10x’s the value you get from adaptive headlamps.
This is awesome! I feel the same way! Having it is a game changer! Never going back
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2024, 05:47 AM   #56
slipinslidin
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

In the video, the guy mentions that through Bimmercode you are only getting 80% functionality of the anti-dazzle headlights and you need to use another method to get the full functionality. Can anyone expand on what he means by this and/or confirm it's true?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 03:04 PM   #57
Sculpin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 8Y RS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipinslidin View Post
In the video, the guy mentions that through Bimmercode you are only getting 80% functionality of the anti-dazzle headlights and you need to use another method to get the full functionality. Can anyone expand on what he means by this and/or confirm it's true?
This isn't exactly how it works but you can think of it like this:

By default the cars have anti-dazzle headlights. The US cars have option code 5AP. This option code changes a bunch of settings that overwrite the default and make our headlights function as automatic high beams. If you were to edit the car's VO and remove this option code, then flash the modules, the default settings would then be applied and you would have anti-dazzle headlights.

It's complicated and there is conflicting information out there on how to do it. Here's an example from the X5 forums a few years ago to give you an idea.

Bimmercode cannot edit the VO and refresh modules so the only option for most of us is to edit settings manually. Doing so has the same effect if you know everything that needs to be changed. It sounds like maybe not everything is known but it is unclear if that is true. It's also unclear what the other 20% of the functionality is that we're missing.

The downside of doing it manually is that every time there is an over-the-air update, the settings get reverted back. That wouldn't happen if you edited the VO.

Hope this helps.
1995 E36 M3 (Retired)
Appreciate 1
Sleeper673.50
      05-12-2024, 09:29 PM   #58
Sleeper
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5M, 2024 M2, 2006 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpin View Post
This isn't exactly how it works but you can think of it like this:

By default the cars have anti-dazzle headlights. The US cars have option code 5AP. This option code changes a bunch of settings that overwrite the default and make our headlights function as automatic high beams. If you were to edit the car's VO and remove this option code, then flash the modules, the default settings would then be applied and you would have anti-dazzle headlights.

It's complicated and there is conflicting information out there on how to do it. Here's an example from the X5 forums a few years ago to give you an idea.

Bimmercode cannot edit the VO and refresh modules so the only option for most of us is to edit settings manually. Doing so has the same effect if you know everything that needs to be changed. It sounds like maybe not everything is known but it is unclear if that is true. It's also unclear what the other 20% of the functionality is that we're missing.

The downside of doing it manually is that every time there is an over-the-air update, the settings get reverted back. That wouldn't happen if you edited the VO.

Hope this helps.
+1. ProTool or Esys will allow you to VO code (ie. remove 5AP).
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 12:38 PM   #59
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
+1. ProTool or Esys will allow you to VO code (ie. remove 5AP).
Does anyone know if the CAFD files for the G87 available for E-Sys? I have a version from 2018 so there is no way it will work with the G87. Would need the updated CAFD files.