BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Photos / Videos / Builds / Journals

06-18-2024, 01:11 PM   #45
G87DRVR
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G87 Frozen Pure Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by iifymbro View Post
added a CS spoiler by TRE, TLG front mudflaps, 12.5mm front 15mm rear bimecc spacers, black low-profile license plate holder. Definitely need to install the MP HAS at some point
How difficult was it to remove the OEM spoiler? I ordered also the CS Style spoiler for my frozen grey G87, but have no idea how to remove this without leaving marks... :s. My car is already ceramic coated too.
Can you give me some tips or tricks with regards the frozen paint?

Your color looks fantastic btw!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2024, 06:51 AM   #46
iifymbro
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by G87DRVR View Post
How difficult was it to remove the OEM spoiler? I ordered also the CS Style spoiler for my frozen grey G87, but have no idea how to remove this without leaving marks... :s. My car is already ceramic coated too.
Can you give me some tips or tricks with regards the frozen paint?

Your color looks fantastic btw!

Thanks!
it was annoying and time consuming more then difficult, the good news is almost all of it will be covered by the new spoiler so even if you mess the paint up a little it doesn't really matter, the ends of the OEM one that curl forwards will be visible so that area you want to go really slow with the removal. I used some thick fishing line run underneath the oem one after heating it up a bit to get it off then the 3M removal wheel that attaches to a drill to slowly methodically peel the rest up, also used those soft-ish plastic tools that are used to work with body panels n' such without damaging them. Then some rubbing alcohol to remove the remaining light layer at the end so it's ready for a good bond with the new tape.

Only thing to watch for with the 3M wheel is to not scorch your paint with it getting really hot (it cools off fast luckily) and don't keep spinning away on a area that doesn't have any leftover tape left. The frozen finish is surprisingly strong, it can take some friction on it without turning into gloss finish but obviously you want to minimize it anyway, especially on the end areas that the new spoiler won't cover up.

Definitely want to make sure the new tape isn't going to be laying on ceramic coated surface cause it won't stick nearly as well, should be able to get at least one of the new strips on the spot where the oem one was I'd imagine.
Appreciate 3
BroDoze1520.00
G87DRVR78.50
ZigMoto12.00
      06-27-2024, 08:10 AM   #47
Dirtywabbit
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

New to Bimmers, here is my new M2. Since delivery I’ve full PPF’d and installed spoiler.
Attached Images

Appreciate 11
LAGWAGN537.50
iifymbro930.00
NewToM1430.50
BroDoze1520.00
GuyOh1194.00
wtb131336.00
DO_e9081.50
      06-27-2024, 08:56 AM   #48
G87DRVR
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iifymbro View Post
it was annoying and time consuming more then difficult, the good news is almost all of it will be covered by the new spoiler so even if you mess the paint up a little it doesn't really matter, the ends of the OEM one that curl forwards will be visible so that area you want to go really slow with the removal. I used some thick fishing line run underneath the oem one after heating it up a bit to get it off then the 3M removal wheel that attaches to a drill to slowly methodically peel the rest up, also used those soft-ish plastic tools that are used to work with body panels n' such without damaging them. Then some rubbing alcohol to remove the remaining light layer at the end so it's ready for a good bond with the new tape.

Only thing to watch for with the 3M wheel is to not scorch your paint with it getting really hot (it cools off fast luckily) and don't keep spinning away on a area that doesn't have any leftover tape left. The frozen finish is surprisingly strong, it can take some friction on it without turning into gloss finish but obviously you want to minimize it anyway, especially on the end areas that the new spoiler won't cover up.

Definitely want to make sure the new tape isn't going to be laying on ceramic coated surface cause it won't stick nearly as well, should be able to get at least one of the new strips on the spot where the oem one was I'd imagine.
Woow thanks for your response! 👍🏻
Appreciate 1
iifymbro930.00
      06-27-2024, 12:23 PM   #49
NewToM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 G87 Brooklyn Grey

Garage List
2024 BMW M2 G87  [9.47]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtywabbit View Post
New to Bimmers, here is my new M2. Since delivery I’ve full PPF’d and installed spoiler.
Looks great.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2024, 01:54 PM   #50
BroDoze
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2025 M2 LCI cometh

Quote:
Freakin' BEAUTIFUL man. Congrats. Long wait ahead for mine...

What spoiler is that? Any rear pics?

I see you optioned the orange rotors. I'm contemplating those too.
      06-27-2024, 01:58 PM   #51
Dirtywabbit
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDoze View Post
Freakin' BEAUTIFUL man. Congrats. Long wait ahead for mine...

What spoiler is that? Any rear pics?

I see you optioned the orange rotors. I'm contemplating those too.
Is the “tre id 01” I’ll take a picture of the back this afternoon. I actually found the car in the dealer, I didn’t actually order it but it came with everything I wanted. The calipers are red.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2024, 02:06 PM   #52
BroDoze
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Is the “tre id 01” I’ll take a picture of the back this afternoon. I actually found the car in the dealer, I didn’t actually order it but it came with everything I wanted. The calipers are red.
I thought so - that's the spolier I've got sitting in a box here, waiting on the car. Very excited to see it on my color!

Grab a couple angles if you can please!
      06-27-2024, 04:07 PM   #53
Dirtywabbit
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDoze View Post
I thought so - that's the spolier I've got sitting in a box here, waiting on the car. Very excited to see it on my color!

Grab a couple angles if you can please!
Here you go:
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
GuyOh1194.00
BroDoze1520.00
Zaskar73.50
      06-27-2024, 04:48 PM   #54
BroDoze
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Thanks Dirtywabbit ! Looks great.
      06-28-2024, 07:29 AM   #55
wtb1313
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Beautiful. I like both frozen colors on the M2 a lot and with the ppf the frozen is pretty much like any paint to care for.

Someone suggested matte PPF was an option to use over matte paint…which did you use
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2024, 07:36 AM   #56
BroDoze
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtb1313 View Post
Beautiful. I like both frozen colors on the M2 a lot and with the ppf the frozen is pretty much like any paint to care for.

Someone suggested matte PPF was an option to use over matte paint…which did you use
You only use matte PPF on matte paint. If you use regular PPF, you no longer have a matte car.
      06-28-2024, 07:40 AM   #57
Dirtywabbit
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtb1313 View Post

I used Xpel Stealth.
You can’t tell is there. I did a fender first to see the difference and you couldn’t.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2024, 06:00 PM   #58
tovel
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 FPB | Tesla Model 3P

Quote:
Here you go:
Spoiler looks beautiful!

How was the installing process? In some YT video, they used toffee wheel to clean up the residues, would it mess up the frozen paint?

I am also considering ordering the spoiler on my frozen blue one..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2024, 06:39 PM   #59
NewToM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 G87 Brooklyn Grey

Garage List
2024 BMW M2 G87  [9.47]
This blue looks great!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2024, 07:33 PM   #60
Dirtywabbit
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tovel View Post
Spoiler looks beautiful!

How was the installing process? In some YT video, they used toffee wheel to clean up the residues, would it mess up the frozen paint?

I am also considering ordering the spoiler on my frozen blue one..
Fishing line with the 3 m wheel. Just be careful, the paint can take it and if something were to happen(it shouldn’t )it will be covered by the bigger spoiler.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2024, 08:07 PM   #61
tovel
Rep

Quote:
Fishing line with the 3 m wheel. Just be careful, the paint can take it and if something were to happen(it shouldn’t )it will be covered by the bigger spoiler.
Thanks for the info. Spoiler ordered!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2024, 03:54 AM   #62
G87DRVR
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I used Xpel Stealth.
You can’t tell is there. I did a fender first to see the difference and you couldn’t.
Indeed, I can confirm this, have a Frozen Grey M2 with PPF and you won’t notice it.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2024, 12:21 PM   #63
Johnsnowblue
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Coming on here to add to the Frozen in Florida thread. I think the other two guys are also in Florida! Haha! Maybe it’s a Florida thing. Anyways here’s some pics. I’ll need some guidance as to doing PPF. I have not done it yet. Did you guys do only the front or the whole car? Also what cleaning products do you guys recommend. I have been hand washing but only with maguires soap. I have not found a good ceramic yet. I had Chemical guys in the past for my 1 series.

Anyways, hope to run into y’all some day.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-01-2024, 03:21 PM   #64
Dirtywabbit
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsnowblue View Post
Coming on here to add to the Frozen in Florida thread. I think the other two guys are also in Florida! Haha! Maybe it’s a Florida thing. Anyways here’s some pics. I’ll need some guidance as to doing PPF. I have not done it yet. Did you guys do only the front or the whole car? Also what cleaning products do you guys recommend. I have been hand washing but only with maguires soap. I have not found a good ceramic yet. I had Chemical guys in the past for my 1 series.

Looks like you took those picture in Okeechobee road lol.
Anyways I did ppf my whole car.
While driving home from the dealership I got my first rock chip, when I started to research how to apply touch up paint I got the unpleasant surprise of how matte color worked.

So knowing my OCD, I decided to fully ppf it. With ppf I use neutral ph shampoo.
Appreciate 1
      07-01-2024, 05:38 PM   #65
tovel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsnowblue View Post

Car looks great!

I am doing my full front end Xpel stealth PPF next week.

For cleaning products, some folks here recommended matte car care products from Dr. Beasleys. I haven't used them yet.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2024, 08:59 PM   #66
Johnsnowblue
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Looks like you took those picture in Okeechobee road lol.
Anyways I did ppf my whole car.
While driving home from the dealership I got my first rock chip, when I started to research how to apply touch up paint I got the unpleasant surprise of how matte color worked.

So knowing my OCD, I decided to fully ppf it. With ppf I use neutral ph shampoo.
Any chance you can recommend where to do the ppf ? not sure if most detailers / wrap shops will be able to handle this.
Appreciate 0