BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Regional Forums USA - Great Lakes

06-24-2024, 10:48 PM   #89
g87jason
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 6MT, 2010 C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
Sweet! The car is looking good. Any issues with timing corrections at all?

I'm in the west metro and I could find a time to connect in the next month or so if you are open to it. No rush on my end since I think I will hold off an a tune until next year but it is always cool to check out other M2's.
Logs have been looking good and car also feels great too! Here is one from 2nd-5th, 40mph-160mph. Just a 4psi increase on Map 2 93oct, but very noticeable. I will say, the lagginess you were mentioning going from 2nd to 3rd quickly is probably due to the clutch delay valve. I still have the same lag and it’s very annoying. I plan on doing the CDV delete next weekend.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
JMcLellan2528.00
      06-26-2024, 10:34 AM   #90
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by g87jason View Post
Logs have been looking good and car also feels great too! Here is one from 2nd-5th, 40mph-160mph. Just a 4psi increase on Map 2 93oct, but very noticeable. I will say, the lagginess you were mentioning going from 2nd to 3rd quickly is probably due to the clutch delay valve. I still have the same lag and it’s very annoying. I plan on doing the CDV delete next weekend.
I have heard good things about the CDV delete from others. I think that is part of it.....there is just a weird lagginess when flooring it in 2nd and 3rd gear for me. It's turbo lag plus something else. Almost like the car is trying to figure out what to do for a moment. Maybe intakes and downpipes would clean that up but I don't want my car to be too loud.

Anything in the logs and data that show this lag? Wondering if it shows up in boost levels or another metric.
      06-27-2024, 10:24 AM   #91
WBRacing
Private
Rep
Drives: 370Z NISMO, G87 M2

Quote:
Any of you Twin Cities folks done any piggyback tuning yet on your M2?
I'm considering getting the RaceChip unit to help clean up some of the lagginess feeling I have and give the car another 50 to 80 horses (my car is the 6mt). The lagginess is right after upshifting (i mostly experience this in 2nd and 3rd when pushing the car hard). Just curious if anyone here locally has ripped off the bandaid and done any engine tuning as well. A ride along would be sweet too if I bump into you at a car show or wherever.
My ECU went for an international vacation. I had Eurocharge do everything, would recommend them. Its a pretty good time with a tune.
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan2528.00
      06-27-2024, 04:17 PM   #92
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBRacing View Post
My ECU went for an international vacation. I had Eurocharge do everything, would recommend them. Its a pretty good time with a tune.
Dang, you are committed. I'd consider doing that after the warranty runs out. If you have any dyno sheets, 1/4 track times, or videos please post them. I'm very curious how the car behaves with more juice.
      06-28-2024, 09:48 AM   #93
WBRacing
Private
Rep

Quote:
Dang, you are committed. I'd consider doing that after the warranty runs out. If you have any dyno sheets, 1/4 track times, or videos please post them. I'm very curious how the car behaves with more juice.
Here is the dyno graph.
https://g87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2079653

Having a manual with a stock clutch I couldn't go full send with the tune. After putting a few thousand miles on it though not sure how much more power I would really want unless I put 305's or something on it.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2024, 11:23 AM   #94
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Here is the dyno graph.
https://g87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2079653

Having a manual with a stock clutch I couldn't go full send with the tune. After putting a few thousand miles on it though not sure how much more power I would really want unless I put 305's or something on it.
Those are some great numbers! Do you have any slippage with the clutch, or is the biggest issue just rear wheel spin?
      06-28-2024, 11:26 AM   #95
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

To all local peeps: anyone going to Cars n Caves tomorrow at the Chanhassen autoplex? Weather looks decent and my car is all shiny so I'm planning to go. Will probably get there around 8:15 to get a good spot.
      06-28-2024, 11:26 AM   #96
WBRacing
Private
Rep

Quote:
Those are some great numbers! Do you have any slippage with the clutch, or is the biggest issue just rear wheel spin?
Clutch is great. No issues. Had it at a track day and it was fine.
Rear wheel spin in the rain is about as much as I would want in a daily. Dry its just fine but in the wet now it gets a little exciting.
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan2528.00
      07-01-2024, 08:36 AM   #97
NoMoreVW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Current: VW R32, GTI

Quote:
To all local peeps: anyone going to Cars n Caves tomorrow at the Chanhassen autoplex? Weather looks decent and my car is all shiny so I'm planning to go. Will probably get there around 8:15 to get a good spot.
How was the show? I was out of town so I didn’t make it over. Did they let you in? According to their site it seems iffy f they would let our lowly M2s in, haha.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2024, 09:38 AM   #98
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreVW View Post
How was the show? I was out of town so I didn’t make it over. Did they let you in? According to their site it seems iffy f they would let our lowly M2s in, haha.
The show was great. No issues getting in at all. It's about the time you show up and what spots are left. There were tons of cars that aren't as rare or as nice as our M2's so no issues. The only thing they were enforcing was leaving the center area open for italian cars only since that was the theme of the show.

Every time I walked near my car there were a few people checking it out and I got lots of compliments and thumbs up when I drove out.

I did not see any other M2's and there weren't many BMW's. I did see an F series M240i with a huge turbo, and there were a few g series M3's and M4's.
      07-13-2024, 09:02 PM   #99
ITSMYFALLT
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2

Late notice, but myself, nomorevw and spolbus are meeting at the battle creek park south parking at 930 tomorrow for whips and waffles, if anyone wants to join us, all are welcome!
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan2528.00
      07-19-2024, 08:51 PM   #100
g87jason
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 6MT, 2010 C63 AMG

Quote:
Here is the dyno graph.
https://g87.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2079653

Will you be at powercruise next weekend? Would love to get a roll in to compare JB4 vs OTS BM3!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2024, 10:35 AM   #101
WBRacing
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by g87jason View Post
Will you be at powercruise next weekend? Would love to get a roll in to compare JB4 vs OTS BM3!
I wont be. I do proving grounds / northern speed summit but powercruise has never been my thing.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2024, 12:04 PM   #102
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Cars and Caves is happening this Saturday July 27th from 9 to 1 at the Chanhassen autoplex. The theme of the show is american muscle so the large center area will be biased to those cars but if you show up prior to 9 there should be plenty of other open spaces in and around the garages.

Assuming the weather forecast holds up I am planning to get there around 8:30am.
      07-24-2024, 01:52 PM   #103
NoMoreVW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Cars and Caves is happening this Saturday July 27th from 9 to 1 at the Chanhassen autoplex. The theme of the show is american muscle so the large center area will be biased to those cars but if you show up prior to 9 there should be plenty of other open spaces in and around the garages.

Assuming the weather forecast holds up I am planning to get there around 8:30am.
I have to work this weekend, so I won’t be able to make it. I hope to see that show at some point.
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan2528.00
      07-25-2024, 09:20 AM   #104
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have to work this weekend, so I won’t be able to make it. I hope to see that show at some point.
The show coming up on September 28th would be the one to go to. The theme is German cars. I hope to make that one too.
      07-26-2024, 12:18 AM   #105
NoMoreVW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
The show coming up on September 28th would be the one to go to. The theme is German cars. I hope to make that one too.
I will be hitting that one up for sure (as well as the double header “Oktoberfest” show at Medina followed by the Imola open house on 9/14.
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan2528.00
      07-26-2024, 10:20 AM   #106
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I will be hitting that one up for sure (as well as the double header “Oktoberfest” show at Medina followed by the Imola open house on 9/14.
There is some good stuff coming up for sure. My kids start football in mid August and free time will be limited until mid October but hopefully I can make some of those events. I'm also fighting off my OCD thinking about kids wearing sweaty jerseys and wearing cleats in my nearly brand new car....
      08-21-2024, 08:50 PM   #107
NoMoreVW
Private First Class
Rep

I talked to ITSMYFALLT about this today, but about a week and a half ago on my up to the North Shore I noticed a fluttering high pitched whistle when the sunroof was tilted (the rest of the windows shut) on the drivers side. I played around with it today and it does it while the roof is fully open as well. It only happens at 45mph and above.

Other owners have reported that the mirror caps might not fully seated and to check that, but the drivers side seems fine. It might be my imagination, but it does seem to go away briefly on a consistent change of direction (I.e. cloverleaf).

When the drivers window is down, it either goes away or I can’t hear it due to the wind noise from both the drivers side window and sunroof being open.

Could it be an issue with the window not sealing properly when shut and the open sunroof is sucking air in a gap in the drivers side and into the cabin?

Anyone else expirence this?

I know I should just take it in, but I’m paranoid about the dealer creating rattles or scratching something if they need to remove a bunch of door trim. I’ve only been to Minnetonka for the break in service and this is my first BMW, so I haven’t built up my trust with as dealer yet. Should I take it to Minnetonka or Bloomington to have this looked at?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2024, 01:14 PM   #108
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I talked to ITSMYFALLT about this today, but about a week and a half ago on my up to the North Shore I noticed a fluttering high pitched whistle when the sunroof was tilted (the rest of the windows shut) on the drivers side. I played around with it today and it does it while the roof is fully open as well. It only happens at 45mph and above.

Other owners have reported that the mirror caps might not fully seated and to check that, but the drivers side seems fine. It might be my imagination, but it does seem to go away briefly on a consistent change of direction (I.e. cloverleaf).

When the drivers window is down, it either goes away or I can’t hear it due to the wind noise from both the drivers side window and sunroof being open.

Could it be an issue with the window not sealing properly when shut and the open sunroof is sucking air in a gap in the drivers side and into the cabin?

Anyone else expirence this?

I know I should just take it in, but I’m paranoid about the dealer creating rattles or scratching something if they need to remove a bunch of door trim. I’ve only been to Minnetonka for the break in service and this is my first BMW, so I haven’t built up my trust with as dealer yet. Should I take it to Minnetonka or Bloomington to have this looked at?
I have not experienced this at all.

I used to go to Minnetonka but much prefer Motorwerks now. Hussam is my favorite service advisor there. He gets it and is good with us more technical type of client.
      08-22-2024, 02:46 PM   #109
NoMoreVW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I have not experienced this at all.

I used to go to Minnetonka but much prefer Motorwerks now. Hussam is my favorite service advisor there. He gets it and is good with us more technical type of client.
Thanks for the suggestion. I like that you used ‘technical’ instead of ‘paranoid and OCD’(of which I am). 🤣🤣

ITSMYFALLT took his M for a spin last night and noticed a similar noise as well, but his seems to be coming from the bugshield. He manually retracted the shield and the sound went away.

I don’t think my issue is the same (with todays rain I haven’t had a chance to open the roof and give his solution a shot) as mine does it open or tilted and obviously the bugshield doesn’t deploy if the roof is tilted.

I don’t think can convince my wife to let me trade in this “lemon” for a ‘25 with the flat bottom steering wheel and better colors. 🤪🤣🤣
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2024, 03:18 PM   #110
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I like that you used ‘technical’ instead of ‘paranoid and OCD’(of which I am). 🤣🤣

ITSMYFALLT took his M for a spin last night and noticed a similar noise as well, but his seems to be coming from the bugshield. He manually retracted the shield and the sound went away.

I don’t think my issue is the same (with todays rain I haven’t had a chance to open the roof and give his solution a shot) as mine does it open or tilted and obviously the bugshield doesn’t deploy if the roof is tilted.

I don’t think can convince my wife to let me trade in this “lemon” for a ‘25 with the flat bottom steering wheel and better colors. 🤪🤣🤣
When I get a chance I will drive with my sunroof tilted and opened to see if there are any weird noises.

I cannot imagine starting over paying for a new M2 after just getting mine in January but there are some nice colors coming out on the MY25 models. And then there is x drive at some point....it just never ends.

I do wonder what I could sell my car for though. There is a used 24 M2 at Motorwerks with 4500 miles on it. Asking price is $69,900, about 3K over sticker price. I've done a couple Kelley blue book valuations and private party sale value is $69 to $71K. I don't think there is enough data yet to to establish the used market prices.