BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

09-09-2024, 07:41 PM   #111
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevM2 View Post
Updated software last week and for first time ever my climate control has glitched twice: with automatic program and AC on, it suddenly decided to put itself into high level fan while blowing ambient temperature instead of cool AC (AC button was still on)… resolved by turning climate control off and back on again
Mine does this all the time. And while it is doing it none of the controls respond. Dealer tells me this is "expected behavior [because its in automatic mode]".
      09-09-2024, 09:50 PM   #112
J-RO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hankey View Post
Mine does this all the time. And while it is doing it none of the controls respond. Dealer tells me this is "expected behavior [because its in automatic mode]".
Expected behavior? Is that code for our updates cause havoc?
Appreciate 1
Mr. Hankey1473.50
      09-09-2024, 10:15 PM   #113
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-RO View Post
Expected behavior? Is that code for our updates cause havoc?
No. From day 1 my car has exhibited a similar behavior 1-2 times a week, but the hvac controls won’t respond except to turn it off and on. Occasionally my seat heater goes on with it, but I can turn that off. Did this before I did any coding. The dealer of course couldn’t reproduce this, and tested the cooling which got to proper cool temperature, and they helpfully suggested that’s how auto-ac is supposed to work.

I also had a faulty taillight so figured it was some electric gremlin related to that, but still does it with a new taillight that now works.
      09-10-2024, 07:11 AM   #114
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hankey View Post
No. From day 1 my car has exhibited a similar behavior 1-2 times a week, but the hvac controls won’t respond except to turn it off and on. Occasionally my seat heater goes on with it, but I can turn that off. Did this before I did any coding. The dealer of course couldn’t reproduce this, and tested the cooling which got to proper cool temperature, and they helpfully suggested that’s how auto-ac is supposed to work.

I also had a faulty taillight so figured it was some electric gremlin related to that, but still does it with a new taillight that now works.
Same for me on auto mode. It's turned on my heated seats & steering wheel when it was 70 degrees outside. Won't turn them on when it's 37 degrees outside, and will start blowing warm air randomly. I don't use the automatic setting & have filled out multiple BMW owner surveys with stating these issues (not that they care).

The climate control in iDrive 7, the ability to set specific temps for the auto program to activate, is far superior to the current controls.
Appreciate 1
Mr. Hankey1473.50
      09-10-2024, 07:16 AM   #115
javistor
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Comp, 2024 M2

I did my software upgrade yesterday at 500 + miles, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that haven't experience any glitches so far... just drove it this morning and everything is good, hopefully I didn't jinx myself lol!
      09-10-2024, 10:18 AM   #116
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABCAT View Post
Same for me on auto mode. It's turned on my heated seats & steering wheel when it was 70 degrees outside. Won't turn them on when it's 37 degrees outside, and will start blowing warm air randomly. I don't use the automatic setting & have filled out multiple BMW owner surveys with stating these issues (not that they care).

The climate control in iDrive 7, the ability to set specific temps for the auto program to activate, is far superior to the current controls.
The only thing I have noticed once was when this happened it had turned circulate to outside air from recirculate and activated the defroster....so when this happens I think the system is picking up a certain humidity level and trying to defrost the windshield while blowing outside air at me. Maybe that's the issue. When it is in this mode you can't change any other settings other than turn off the system and back on or wait for it to kick back to auto...I haven't tried turning off auto recirculate...but the random seat heater is fun. Given my blinker issue my car came with (and now fixed) I'm imaging some wiring harness is just a little loose and making the system glitchy.

I guess my biggest gripe with this car is I'm constantly thinking about the things that are/were wrong with it which have made me leery about everything else and constantly thinking about what else is wrong or potentially wrong with it, or will stop working..etc, rather than just mindlessly getting in and driving it like every other car I have. These electric gremlins don't help that.

Last edited by Mr. Hankey; 09-10-2024 at 04:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2024, 03:54 PM   #117
tubingchamp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmr View Post
Can anyone confirm whether recent updates force Auto Start/Stop on every time you start the car?

Haven't updated the software in a while, I wouldn't want to have to always disable it...
Yes, it does.
      09-10-2024, 04:03 PM   #118
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubingchamp View Post
Yes, it does.
It did not for me. Just the first startup auto/start stop was activated. Turned it off and it has stayed off. I'm in the US though, may not be the same for others...
      09-14-2024, 03:35 PM   #119
JHole
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87

Just installed the latest software update. It changed my M1 and M2 settings and messed up my TPMS. All were easy fixes. No problemo.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2024, 04:27 PM   #120
J-RO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHole View Post
Just installed the latest software update. It changed my M1 and M2 settings and messed up my TPMS. All were easy fixes. No problemo.
It should not mess up anything.
Appreciate 2
LAGWAGN537.50
nype163.50