EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

06-21-2014, 01:00 PM   #1
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

My M4

Well finally getting a chance to drive my M4 a little. Just got done washing it and going to go get some seat time. Ive had the car for almost a week now but been so busy with my dog (had eye surgery) and work I have only been able to drive it a few miles!

I have a few thoughts and first impressions but I will wait to post up everything till I have actually had a chance to drive the car more. Ill be back this afternoon with some input!

here is my ride for now

(update)My Review and Thoughts:

My background on M cars. I have had 5 e92M3 prior to this M4; 4 6MT and 1 DCT. ESS tuned, ESS 600, and a ESS 625. So I have a both stock and modded past cars prior to this.

First impressions:
The very first thing that jumped out to me when I first drove the car was the size it felt when driving the car. The car felt a lot larger to me compared to e9x. Now this could be bc the cars stock ride height or that the car is in fact a little larger but either way the car felt big to me compared to e92M. It wasn't a deal breaker but it was something that I noticed at first. Reminded me of when I drove the f12M6 and f10M5 for the first time, just felt big but not in a bad way at all.

The looks of the cars exterior is awesome, I love all the various aero details throughout the exterior and having them actually be functional and serving a purpose makes it even more appealing. The interior was leaps and bounds over the e9xM. I opted for the full leather options and it was well worth it. Looks so good in person. If you can swing it I would highly recommend you do it.

Power:
the car def has a ton of torque. the power as everyone has stated is very very addicting and will put a smile on your face every time. The power is very quick to come and there is little to no lag that I can detect, well done BMW. I can't complain at all about the power this car delivers and how its delivered. I love it!!

Exhaust:
Lets just say its not my cup of tea. Now I have never owned a turbo car so maybe this is what turbo inline 6 set ups sound like but for me its not something that is very appealing. However I think with the right aftermarket exhaust or BMW Performance Exhaust this will be a easy fix. The reaction to the sound is skewed however bc I have yet to hear the car from outside the car I am only going off what I hear while driving the car and not sure how much of the sound is morphed based off the active sound process that is going on in the cabin.

Couple things I don't like:
There really isn't much that I don't like about this car but there is a few things that kinda of bug me. Im sure with tuning some can be fixed but here is my list.

1. The windshield wipers can not be flipped up to clean the windows. When you try to flip them up they are stopped by the hood. Maybe there is a trick to this that I am not aware of?

2. The hood does not have the BMW emblem on it. Why is this a issue? Well for me I hate to slam my hood closed I like to set it down in place then press on the BMW logo to click it shut. You can't do that with this set up, you will have to slam it closed.

3. the trunk is super light so when you open it the spring is tight and fires it all the way open. This is sweet however when you close it you have to put a lot of pressure into the closing process or it will flip right back up. So with a black car there will be finger prints all over the boot which is annoying. the e92 was heavy enough so you could just drop it and it closed with little to no force required. Most people this wouldn't be a issue but I guess Im weird and I use my trunk a ton for my golf clubs.

4. The car still starts in D. I never drive the car in D mode only in S so I hate having to click that extra side step each time. Also it never starts in sport plus mode so you have to set one of the M buttons to your exact set up and just have to click that each time, not a crazy issue but little things like that are a pain

5. the seat belt. As you all know the seat belt arm is gone. this is great bc the arm always seemed to be on the fritz however me being tall I have the seat all the way back and the seat belt clips gets stuck between the seat and the pillar.

Things I liked:

There is soooo much I like about this car and the list will continue to get longer and longer the more and more I drive it so it will be impossible to list them all!

1. The look of the cars interior and exterior. STUNNING!!

2. LED headlights looks awesome, they are fantastic.

3. torque torque torque. enough said. You will know what I'm talking about when you drive one

4. HUD. Its such a small piece of the puzzle but its a really cool feature. I have really never owned a car with it before so this is my first time having it and am hooked. Kinda of like having sat radio for the first time you think how did I live without this before

5. carbon fiber details. The roof is as we all know stunning but the interior CF is awesome. Looks fantastic. I really was a big fan of the leather CF in the e9x but I think I may like this even more.

6. the seats are amazing. The seats are super comfy and also look amazing. The M logo is really cool also especially when it lights up, def cool little detail.

My plans with the car are not crazy but I am going to shoot for a blacked out look. Black wheels and black detail pieces. I def plan on lowering the car and also adding a exhaust. The BMW performance spoiler will be a must for me, I think that looks great and the CF diff also!

So all those who are on the fence with getting this car I can honestly say its worth it. The car is amazing and its nothing like I have ever driven before. I am very very excited for all of you to get yours and look forward to reading your threads and thoughts!
Attached Images

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!

Last edited by GOLFFRR; 06-21-2014 at 03:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 01:03 PM   #2
parky1215
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F90 M5C | G06 X6 M60i

Looks awesome in black. Mine is in body shop step right now.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 01:07 PM   #3
khanyam4
Ring Leader of G8X Trolls
Cambodia
Rep
Drives: NA

very nice.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 01:08 PM   #4
LwaLt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: EVOX,M4,X2, Model X, Model 3P+

Nice! The M4 might actually look stunning blacked out.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #5
acey81
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 40d M-sport; F80 M3

Black is so the way to go. It looks menacing! Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 01:47 PM   #6
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Great taste you have
      06-21-2014, 01:48 PM   #7
sherm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 BMW M4

Looks great! Congrats!
///M4 | Alpine White | Sakhir Orange Leather | Carbon Fiber Trim & Roof | DCT | Black 19" Wheels | Executive Package | Driver Assistance Plus Package | Adaptive M Suspension | Enhanced USB | Parking Assist | Harman Kardon
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 01:50 PM   #8
4/3rds
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 (transporting)

Garage List
Congrats Man! Beautiful!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 02:37 PM   #9
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Congrats! Hope we get to see this soon.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 03:02 PM   #10
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by parky1215 View Post
Looks awesome in black. Mine is in body shop step right now.
home stretch! It will be done before you know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanyam4 View Post
very nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LwaLt View Post
Nice! The M4 might actually look stunning blacked out.
thats my game plan is to black it out except for window tint bc I live in a small town and the cop are bored so don't want to give them a excuse to give me a ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey81 View Post
Black is so the way to go. It looks menacing! Congrats!
yea it looks great in person. Going to be tough to keep clean but it will be a labor of love

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySM3 View Post
I love it! What options did you get?
I went with everything except CCB, Driver assistance, and camera pkg. I didn't see the need for the CCB for me and was on the fence for the camera pkg but last minute opted to pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterM4 View Post
Great taste you have
thank you for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherm View Post
Looks great! Congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4/3rds View Post
Congrats Man! Beautiful!
thank you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Congrats! Hope we get to see this soon.
No doubt Tom, as soon as some lowering options come to light I will be on my way!

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 03:10 PM   #11
///M ARMY
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90

Looking good. The color really grows in you. I can't stop driving mine. Have 400 miles on her already
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 03:43 PM   #12
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

That is one mean looking ride, GOLFFRR. I have to admit the two tone wheels have grown on me and offer a nice bit of contrast on the all black cars. Enjoy that bad boy.

Hope you canine companion is doing well.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 03:50 PM   #13
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAM951 View Post
Looking good. The color really grows in you. I can't stop driving mine. Have 400 miles on her already
nice! your almost to the break in mark! I am at 125 miles right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
That is one mean looking ride, GOLFFRR. I have to admit the two tone wheels have grown on me and offer a nice bit of contrast on the all black cars. Enjoy that bad boy.

Hope you canine companion is doing well.
Thank you, "Beemer" my little boston terrier puppy is recovering and doing well thank you, hope to get him back to normal in a few weeks!

Yea I agree the slight contrast in the black on the wheels def pops on the black canvas.

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 04:09 PM   #14
karbonphiber
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW M4

Looks siiiicckk! Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 04:24 PM   #15
tha_good_life
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X6MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X6MC  [10.00]
2010 BMW M3  [8.68]
congrats! curious why didn't you opt to get the carbon ceramic brakes?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 04:30 PM   #16
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbonphiber View Post
Looks siiiicckk! Congrats!
thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_good_life View Post
congrats! curious why didn't you opt to get the carbon ceramic brakes?
Thanks! For me I rarely drive the car past 70mph and 90% of my driving is 35-45mph area's. Im driving to work and the golf course so I really didn't see the need for me.

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 04:50 PM   #17
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Loved reading your impression!

Thanks for the heads up on some of the little nit picks. I would have the same, especially regarding the hood (never thought about shutting it with no roundel there) along with the trunk (I love how I just lightly drop it down with my E93 and it electronically secures itself once shut.)

One thing I've noticed is the M4 looks absolutely huge in pictures. It's making me prefer the F80 styling a bit more and I have always hated 4 doors lol.

There's no doubt yours will look absolutely killer with the blacked out theme and CF pieces.

Another pet peeve (visually) is how much silver is in the headlights, which is very noticeable on a black car. The M5 has a much darker housing an helps the angels stand out, even when off. I wish the M3/4 headlight housings were a lot darker.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 05:36 PM   #18
Roadkiller
Philosophiae Doctor
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 BSM

Congrats!! I had to look twice cuz it kinda has the stance of a M6.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 05:48 PM   #19
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

Congrats!! I love the BSM, mine is the same color and next week I drive her! ENJOY!

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 06:06 PM   #20
T.Maas
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 328i xdrive

Garage List
I just put my hand on my license plate to close the trunk. Works out well for me..

2011 135i DCT, 2011 128i 6MT, 2014 435i FBO, 2006 Z4 3.0Si 6MT, 2003 330ci 5MT, 1985 325E 5MT
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 06:14 PM   #21
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySM3 View Post
Ah very nice! Congrats on the delivery
thank you my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
Loved reading your impression!

Thanks for the heads up on some of the little nit picks. I would have the same, especially regarding the hood (never thought about shutting it with no roundel there) along with the trunk (I love how I just lightly drop it down with my E93 and it electronically secures itself once shut.)

One thing I've noticed is the M4 looks absolutely huge in pictures. It's making me prefer the F80 styling a bit more and I have always hated 4 doors lol.

There's no doubt yours will look absolutely killer with the blacked out theme and CF pieces.

Another pet peeve (visually) is how much silver is in the headlights, which is very noticeable on a black car. The M5 has a much darker housing an helps the angels stand out, even when off. I wish the M3/4 headlight housings were a lot darker.
no doubt the M4 is bigger and wider then the e9x. Great thing is that BMW offers everyone a choice between 3 models (coupe, sedan, vert) which is awesome! You can't go wrong with either one IMO. I always go with coupes bc I don't like giving people rides lol I know that sounds bad but I would rather pay for gas and take someone else's car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkiller View Post
Congrats!! I had to look twice cuz it kinda has the stance of a M6.
yea its a smaller version. Def has some characteristics in the lines of the body

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw View Post
Congrats!! I love the BSM, mine is the same color and next week I drive her! ENJOY!
Awesome congrats! going to be a tough week but will be well worth it once you get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Maas View Post
I just put my hand on my license plate to close the trunk. Works out well for me..
thats a good idea. Never thought about that. I will do that next time thank you!

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 06:28 PM   #22
x6Hawkeye
911 TTS Cab
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR
Well finally getting a chance to drive my M4 a little. Just got done washing it and going to go get some seat time. Ive had the car for almost a week now but been so busy with my dog (had eye surgery) and work I have only been able to drive it a few miles!

I have a few thoughts and first impressions but I will wait to post up everything till I have actually had a chance to drive the car more. Ill be back this afternoon with some input!

here is my ride for now

(update)My Review and Thoughts:

My background on M cars. I have had 5 e92M3 prior to this M4; 4 6MT and 1 DCT. ESS tuned, ESS 600, and a ESS 625. So I have a both stock and modded past cars prior to this.

First impressions:
The very first thing that jumped out to me when I first drove the car was the size it felt when driving the car. The car felt a lot larger to me compared to e9x. Now this could be bc the cars stock ride height or that the car is in fact a little larger but either way the car felt big to me compared to e92M. It wasn't a deal breaker but it was something that I noticed at first. Reminded me of when I drove the f12M6 and f10M5 for the first time, just felt big but not in a bad way at all.

The looks of the cars exterior is awesome, I love all the various aero details throughout the exterior and having them actually be functional and serving a purpose makes it even more appealing. The interior was leaps and bounds over the e9xM. I opted for the full leather options and it was well worth it. Looks so good in person. If you can swing it I would highly recommend you do it.

Power:
the car def has a ton of torque. the power as everyone has stated is very very addicting and will put a smile on your face every time. The power is very quick to come and there is little to no lag that I can detect, well done BMW. I can't complain at all about the power this car delivers and how its delivered. I love it!!

Exhaust:
Lets just say its not my cup of tea. Now I have never owned a turbo car so maybe this is what turbo inline 6 set ups sound like but for me its not something that is very appealing. However I think with the right aftermarket exhaust or BMW Performance Exhaust this will be a easy fix. The reaction to the sound is skewed however bc I have yet to hear the car from outside the car I am only going off what I hear while driving the car and not sure how much of the sound is morphed based off the active sound process that is going on in the cabin.

Couple things I don't like:
There really isn't much that I don't like about this car but there is a few things that kinda of bug me. Im sure with tuning some can be fixed but here is my list.

1. The windshield wipers can not be flipped up to clean the windows. When you try to flip them up they are stopped by the hood. Maybe there is a trick to this that I am not aware of?

2. The hood does not have the BMW emblem on it. Why is this a issue? Well for me I hate to slam my hood closed I like to set it down in place then press on the BMW logo to click it shut. You can't do that with this set up, you will have to slam it closed.

3. the trunk is super light so when you open it the spring is tight and fires it all the way open. This is sweet however when you close it you have to put a lot of pressure into the closing process or it will flip right back up. So with a black car there will be finger prints all over the boot which is annoying. the e92 was heavy enough so you could just drop it and it closed with little to no force required. Most people this wouldn't be a issue but I guess Im weird and I use my trunk a ton for my golf clubs.

4. The car still starts in D. I never drive the car in D mode only in S so I hate having to click that extra side step each time. Also it never starts in sport plus mode so you have to set one of the M buttons to your exact set up and just have to click that each time, not a crazy issue but little things like that are a pain

5. the seat belt. As you all know the seat belt arm is gone. this is great bc the arm always seemed to be on the fritz however me being tall I have the seat all the way back and the seat belt clips gets stuck between the seat and the pillar.

Things I liked:

There is soooo much I like about this car and the list will continue to get longer and longer the more and more I drive it so it will be impossible to list them all!

1. The look of the cars interior and exterior. STUNNING!!

2. LED headlights looks awesome, they are fantastic.

3. torque torque torque. enough said. You will know what I'm talking about when you drive one

4. HUD. Its such a small piece of the puzzle but its a really cool feature. I have really never owned a car with it before so this is my first time having it and am hooked. Kinda of like having sat radio for the first time you think how did I live without this before

5. carbon fiber details. The roof is as we all know stunning but the interior CF is awesome. Looks fantastic. I really was a big fan of the leather CF in the e9x but I think I may like this even more.

6. the seats are amazing. The seats are super comfy and also look amazing. The M logo is really cool also especially when it lights up, def cool little detail.

My plans with the car are not crazy but I am going to shoot for a blacked out look. Black wheels and black detail pieces. I def plan on lowering the car and also adding a exhaust. The BMW performance spoiler will be a must for me, I think that looks great and the CF diff also!

So all those who are on the fence with getting this car I can honestly say its worth it. The car is amazing and its nothing like I have ever driven before. I am very very excited for all of you to get yours and look forward to reading your threads and thoughts!
Congrats - nice ride!!! Love the black on black.
Appreciate 0