Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

06-23-2014, 10:08 AM   #1
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

YMB ///M3 at San Diego BMW

As many here already know, San Diego BMW has an ///M3 in YMB going for MSRP. Since I was in the area yesterday, I decided to stop by and take a look at it. I hadn't seen Yas Marina Blue in person yet, and although I was already sold on the color, I needed to confirm if my gut feeling was correct. It was! I LOVE the color! I didn't see it in direct sunlight because it was in the showroom, but even under artificial light it spoke to me. I didn't drive the car so I have nothing to add in that regard. I need to see an ///M4 in this color. I'm so undecided about which chassis to go with; I've owned both sedan and coupe ///M3's in the past. I've attached some photos. A few are washed out, but the very first photo is representative of what the color looked like in person.

Black grills will be a must for the M3/M4, and if it's your thing - as it is mine - painted front AND rear reflectors. I was also really impressed with the craftsmanship of the CF interior trim. It's not really mine thing, but it is done well. Oh, and get the full leather! This car didn't have it.

P.S. On a positive note, the rear diffuser is detachable (..which I assumed anyway given the fact that M-Performance aero parts will be made available). I will be having it painted the same color as the OEM diffuser on the F3X rather than buying the CF version from BMW. I just can't deal with too much CF, and something is needed to break up all of that color on the rear bumper regardless of which color you go with.

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 06-23-2014 at 10:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 10:11 AM   #2
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

A few photos.....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 10:14 AM   #3
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Pic #4 got distorted so I uploaded it again.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 10:28 AM   #4
IMrMark
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.66]
great pics! I still wish I could have seen YMB in person before my order was finalized, even still I think "what if..."

thanks for sharing these!
Instagram: IMrMark
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 10:31 AM   #5
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Did they let you test drive it? the reason I'm asking is because there are lots of people in this forum who test drove the car. our dealers in Irvine and Newport don't let people test drive the car
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 10:42 AM   #6
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMrMark View Post
great pics! I still wish I could have seen YMB in person before my order was finalized, even still I think "what if..."

thanks for sharing these!
Trust me IMrMark, if your gut led you to this color, you will love it. I walked into the dealer and wished that I had my car right now. It is such a beautiful color. There were about 5 groups of people just staring at it. Some in total hypnosis; others a bit perplexed (..considering if they had the personality/bravery to pull it off......their words!), but ALL uttering that it is a striking/beautiful/polarizing color. I also need to see Silverstone II interior in the wild as well. I want a YMB/SSII combo, but I'm reconsidering the black interior simply for maintenance reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Did they let you test drive it? the reason I'm asking is because there are lots of people in this forum who test drove the car. our dealers in Irvine and Newport don't let people test drive the car
I don't think they were offering test drives, but in their defense I didn't ask either.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 10:49 AM   #7
hsiaochinsan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M / 991 Turbo S / Cayman GT4

I got a ride in this car when it first arrived on Friday last week. Sales guy pulled the car out from detailed department. The color does look striking and beautiful in person. I asked the sa to drive the car and I sit on the passenger side. He beat the car pretty hard. Ride was great. No harsh at all. Car cornered well and flat. As a passenger, the car is comfortable.
      06-23-2014, 10:51 AM   #8
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsiaochinsan View Post
I got a ride in this car when it first arrived on Friday last week. Sales guy pulled the car out from detailed department. The color does look striking and beautiful in person. I asked the sa to drive the car and I sit on the passenger side. He beat the car pretty hard. Ride was great. No harsh at all. Car cornered well and flat. As a passenger, the car is comfortable.
Ahhh, nice. Glad to see BMW of San Diego did that for you. The Merino leather is nice.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 10:55 AM   #9
hsiaochinsan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan
Quote:
Ahhh, nice. Glad to see BMW of San Diego did that for you. The Merino leather is nice.
The leather is great. Same qualify as f10 m5 that I owned. Wish I can see how all leather looks like. The wheels are bit too dark for ymb. I am torn between ordering aw/mw with red interior. Or ymb with white interior.
      06-23-2014, 11:01 AM   #10
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
The leather is great. Same qualify as f10 m5 that I owned. Wish I can see how all leather looks like. The wheels are bit too dark for ymb. I am torn between ordering aw/mw with red interior. Or ymb with white interior.
I'm a bit unsure about the dark wheels on Yas Marina Blue myself, but I think it would look good lowered, with spacers, and the darker exterior trim accents (..front grills and fender grills). In its stock state, I agree with you though. I also think a darker colored rear diffuser will do wonders for the presence of the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 11:07 AM   #11
hsiaochinsan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan
Quote:
I'm a bit unsure about the dark wheels on Yas Marina Blue myself, but I think it would look good lowered, with spacers, and the darker exterior trim accents (..front grills and fender grills). In its stock state, I agree with you though. I also think a darker colored rear diffuser will do wonders for the presence of the car.
Now I really wonder how ymb with so interior will look like.

That is another combo that I still think about.

I am just afraid of being called superman combo.
      06-23-2014, 11:08 AM   #12
dreamsongs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 - E92 M3 - 335i vert

Since I wanted something original my first choice was AY, then I saw a SO and I liked it too, then I saw YMB and it looks good too. Now I'm just confused.....
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 11:11 AM   #13
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:

YMB/SSII will look BEAUTIFUL. The only issue is upkeep. It is lighter than the outgoing Palladium Silver (..which I loved because of its bluish hue; perfect attribute when paired with IB and I think it would've went well with YMB too). It's the combo I want - and have specc'ed - but I still would love to see the interior so that I can wrap my head about an approach to keeping it really clean. My PS interior in the last M3 that I owned was near perfect even after 2.5 years of use.

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 06-23-2014 at 11:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 11:11 AM   #14
IMrMark
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Trust me IMrMark, if your gut led you to this color, you will love it. I walked into the dealer and wished that I had my car right now. It is such a beautiful color. There were about 5 groups of people just staring at it. Some in total hypnosis; others a bit perplexed (..considering if they had the personality/bravery to pull it off......their words!), but ALL uttering that it is a striking/beautiful/polarizing color.
ah I keep hearing this! My order is being built right now, so late for me to have second thoughts (MG final build). I think what it came down to was a comparison of the plate sample they had in Toronto against estoril blue on an M235.. I love the dark richness of estoril, but couldn't get a good picture from the comparison that I would love YMB. So I left it, and next morning the car was locked!

I also had concerns over pulling off the superman combo, and I love love love that SO interior. I guess it also came down to if I wanted pop inside or pop outside, didn't feel cozy with both. I went with inside - but can't wait to see how others turn out as well!

Can't wait for this car no matter the color!
Instagram: IMrMark
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 11:26 AM   #15
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:

In just over a month, I'll be able to show you what that combo looks like!
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 11:28 AM   #16
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
A few photos.....
Looks great! I'm swinging by to check it out this afternoon. I ordered my YMB/SO F82 from them and am dropping off my VLF waiver form (for being military stationed here) to save a couple bucks.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 11:28 AM   #17
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMrMark View Post
ah I keep hearing this! My order is being built right now, so late for me to have second thoughts (MG final build). I think what it came down to was a comparison of the plate sample they had in Toronto against estoril blue on an M235.. I love the dark richness of estoril, but couldn't get a good picture from the comparison that I would love YMB. So I left it, and next morning the car was locked!

I also had concerns over pulling off the superman combo, and I love love love that SO interior. I guess it also came down to if I wanted pop inside or pop outside, didn't feel cozy with both. I went with inside - but can't wait to see how others turn out as well!

Can't wait for this car no matter the color!

I have done the inside/outside pop (..Phoenix Yellow/Imola Red leather), so I understand exactly what you mean. I love SO interior too, but it was either have the interior pop or the exterior pop. I chose the exterior, but in many ways I think the SSII interior with YMB will provide both.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 11:29 AM   #18
hsiaochinsan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc05e46m3
Quote:

Are you taking European delivery or local delivery?
      06-23-2014, 11:29 AM   #19
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc05e46m3 View Post
Looks great! I'm swinging by to check it out this afternoon. I ordered my YMB/SO F82 from them and am dropping off my VLF waiver form (for being military stationed here) to save a couple bucks.

Just stare at it. It's sexy!

Quote:
Cannot wait to see your pics man.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 11:38 AM   #20
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just stare at it. It's sexy!

Cannot wait to see your pics man.
Will do. You going to the Vista launch on Weds?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 11:40 AM   #21
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Will do. You going to the Vista launch on Weds?
No, I don't live in the area. I'm almost 2 hours away. I came just to see the car (..the only YMB car that I think was delivered in SoCal other than the one purchased from Murrieta BMW) and visit a friend.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 11:43 AM   #22
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No, I don't live in the area. I'm almost 2 hours away. I came just to see the car (..the only YMB car that I think was delivered in SoCal other than the one purchased from Murrieta BMW) and visit a friend.
Ohhhhh, okay. Well, I know now of Josh's car (the M4 with the ADV1 20s) and the F80 (I dont know the guy though) running around, but youll have to come down again soon when we have a good group of F8x cars down here.
Appreciate 0