BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-21-2014, 08:35 PM   #1
CalgaryAndUK
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 650 640D

Nappa in Canada

Guys and Gals - I have been now spent three months getting different stories from different dealerships in Canada on one subject so I am now looking for your help to see if anyone can help me with this. I am after a Diesel 2015 X5 build with a Nappa Interior. However, some dealers say it is available, but not with Diesel, some say Nappa not available at all in Canada, some say it is available with allocation for just 20 per month, and no one will actually let me order one! Does anyone know for definite whether I can get a Nappa leather diesel X5 built for Canada? Any help much appreciated. It's ridiculous that I have to resort to the forums for this, but hey!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 10:10 PM   #2
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

I ordered a diesel with Napa Mocha contrast stitching on comfort seats. Delivered in just under 5 weeks to California.
      08-22-2014, 07:09 AM   #3
DavidTSG
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
I ordered a diesel with Napa Mocha contrast stitching on comfort seats. Delivered in just under 5 weeks to California.
Nappa's available in the US. OP is looking for it in Canada. The Canadian price list doesn't include either of the Nappa packages that the US has.
      08-22-2014, 07:25 PM   #4
GTAbimmerowner
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5d M Sport

I have ordered a 2015 X5d from Budds BMW in Hamilton. My order was finalized in July and I'm told delivery will be mid September. I was able to order it with mocha nappa, including the nappa dashboard. I had to pay $1,900 for the nappa package plus a $400 fee for special order. It is only available through special order. The only caveat is that I was required to also purchase the premium seating package, which I believe was a rip off. It included ventilated seats but the package price went up by $1,000 from last year.

My dealer initially told me that nappa was no longer an option in 2015 so it's not surprising that you're getting mixed responses. It was only after some pressure on my end to look into a special order that he confirmed it was possible.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 09:41 PM   #5
E92LNGCGY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F97/Q5/982 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryAndUK View Post
Guys and Gals - I have been now spent three months getting different stories from different dealerships in Canada on one subject so I am now looking for your help to see if anyone can help me with this. I am after a Diesel 2015 X5 build with a Nappa Interior. However, some dealers say it is available, but not with Diesel, some say Nappa not available at all in Canada, some say it is available with allocation for just 20 per month, and no one will actually let me order one! Does anyone know for definite whether I can get a Nappa leather diesel X5 built for Canada? Any help much appreciated. It's ridiculous that I have to resort to the forums for this, but hey!
Nappa interior is available to order and yes it is limited to 20 orders per month for all of Canada. I believe it was a $1900 option. It is possible to order with any combo for the X5. By the way this is from my sales rep in Calgary.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 11:59 PM   #6
CalgaryAndUK
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 650 640D

Unbelievably, I have now been told by two dealers (BMW Gallery in Calgary and BMW Kelowna in BC) that there is NO NAPPA OPTION available in Canada whatsoever. BMW Gallery (in Calgary) say that it is available with Premium Seating only (which doesn't make sense to me, as the Comfort Seats are also available in MSport package and surely this is the only requirement for the Nappa option!)...... Never had so much trouble speccing a vehicle!!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 12:48 AM   #7
E92LNGCGY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F97/Q5/982 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryAndUK View Post
Unbelievably, I have now been told by two dealers (BMW Gallery in Calgary and BMW Kelowna in BC) that there is NO NAPPA OPTION available in Canada whatsoever. BMW Gallery (in Calgary) say that it is available with Premium Seating only (which doesn't make sense to me, as the Comfort Seats are also available in MSport package and surely this is the only requirement for the Nappa option!)...... Never had so much trouble speccing a vehicle!!
Really? That's kinda stupid isn't it.
Appreciate 0