BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-11-2014, 09:08 AM   #1
X5Jouster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50I Msport

Front Pedestrain and Collison camera System

This morning after getting in the car and driving about 100 yards, i had a yellow triangle warning. pedestrian and collision system and camera malfunction.

went to vehicle info read some information then pulled over.

i wiped off the camera on this grill and that didnt work...(had no knowledge it was the wrong camera) lol

didnt work, but then i saw the camera mounted under the rearview at the top of the windshield.

it was covered in dew from the morning mist.... wiped clean and warning gone.

has this happened to anyone else? id rather the system shut off then have a warning symbol every morning.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 09:51 AM   #2
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5Jouster View Post
This morning after getting in the car and driving about 100 yards, i had a yellow triangle warning. pedestrian and collision system and camera malfunction.

went to vehicle info read some information then pulled over.

i wiped off the camera on this grill and that didnt work...(had no knowledge it was the wrong camera) lol

didnt work, but then i saw the camera mounted under the rearview at the top of the windshield.

it was covered in dew from the morning mist.... wiped clean and warning gone.

has this happened to anyone else? id rather the system shut off then have a warning symbol every morning.
Funny, exact same thing happened to me this morning. After about a mile I had a warning about the Rear Collision system then Pedestrian system not working.
On my car its only fitted with the front camera on the top of the windshield wasn't aware there was one on the rear too......didn't get the warning on the return home an hour later.....strange co-incidence!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 01:47 PM   #3
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Was wondering whether this function can be coded or added? I do not have ACC, i do have speed limit info, LED with adaptive function (Euro version) and surround camera. Doing SW update next week and i hear as of april this pedestrian and collission warning is free of charge as of April 2014 production.
Appreciate 0