BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

EXXEL Distributions

10-03-2014, 03:15 PM   #1
Mack211
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 - DCT

Looking for a SA at Classic BMW in plano

Hey guys - Just moved back to Dallas after a great 3 years in Denver.
Need to find a new SA at Classic. Does anyone have any recommendations?

08 M3
      10-03-2014, 03:44 PM   #2
glockz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

Stay clear of Joe Cappo....honestly I won't let them touch any of my cars again but others seem to have had good luck there.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2014, 01:16 AM   #3
RezTTU
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mineral White E92 ZCP

I would just stay clear of Classic BMW. Michael Fraser and Michael Fik at BMW of Dallas do an amazing job of taking care of their customers. I would suggest you go there, unless you have to go to Classic for some reason. I've taken my car to Classic before, then went to BMW of Dallas, and I was honestly kicking myself for gong to Classic.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #4
Mack211
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 - DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezTTU View Post
I would just stay clear of Classic BMW. Michael Fraser and Michael Fik at BMW of Dallas do an amazing job of taking care of their customers. I would suggest you go there, unless you have to go to Classic for some reason. I've taken my car to Classic before, then went to BMW of Dallas, and I was honestly kicking myself for gong to Classic.
Thanks RezTTU -
Only reason I've been going to Classic was because I purchased my car there so I assumed I would get better treatment.
I used to love Classic when I lived here before, about 3 years ago. Has it really dropped that much?

I'm in the Keller/Southlake area so both are a pretty good haul to get to..
      10-04-2014, 07:41 PM   #5
MasterP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: All the M's

I second Mike Frazer and Mike Fik @BMW of Dallas. They handle all the stuff more my cars. Mike F even helps me prep my track car.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 04:11 PM   #6
Chewbaccam
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 Frozen Grey

I'll have to second BMW Dallas. I've had better treatment there than I did at Classic. I haven't worked with either Mike that's been mentioned, but the SA I work with (Richie H.) is a pretty nice guy.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 01:11 PM   #7
K-M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '12 M3

kicking myself for going to classic right now!!!!!!! just had a front left body panel rattle tht came on after the 30K mile service (albeit at wichita falls BMW..... great guys over there, no complaints.... its just I moved to plano last week). Seems pretty minor like a fastener loose or the panel (the one above the wheel well needing alignment) or retorquing (cars under warranty).....

been 2 whole days now....no updates, no call backs. getting to talk to the SA (John sojdei) is like attempting to converse with Jesus and when I did land up speaking with him...all I have been getting is that they are too swamped and the keys have been handed over to the shop foreman for a drive test for a problem tht is apparent at a stand still!!!!!

gonna ask for my car back and go somewhere else... I guess to BMW dallas after reading on here.... shoulda checked here first.....
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 02:47 PM   #8
K-M3
Lieutenant
Rep

An update .... Here at classic BMW right now .... Looked at the car...... All tore up on the inside .... Front panels around the stick shift removed ... Panels around the hand break removed .... No calls ahead of time to check with me if this was okay to be done .... Esp since it was not even related to what I went in for ..... SA said they were planning to replace the e- brake mechanism since they thought tht was rattling when the shop foreman concurred with me in tht even he didn't notice any interior rattles
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 03:01 PM   #9
K-M3
Lieutenant
Rep

Pretty bummed by the whole situation regarding a part replacement tht their foreman itself did not notice a problem with .... But apparently the other foreman / tech thought as much . Would have at least appreciated a call prior to them opening up the interiors
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 09:22 AM   #10
Chewbaccam
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 Frozen Grey

sux man, and I agree, they should have called you before doing any work. Unfortunately now you may have more rattles than you came in with. I've decided to follow the rule of thumb that if the car is running, I won't take it in for things such as rattles, because I have this fear of it coming back even worse than before. The drive to BMW Dallas is going to be a little further, but it may be worth the drive...
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 04:03 PM   #11
K-M3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbaccam
sux man, and I agree, they should have called you before doing any work. Unfortunately now you may have more rattles than you came in with. I've decided to follow the rule of thumb that if the car is running, I won't take it in for things such as rattles, because I have this fear of it coming back even worse than before. The drive to BMW Dallas is going to be a little further, but it may be worth the drive...
Ya ... I learnt the hard way ..... Never again ... Ever ..... Plus I noticed a small abrasion on the rear seat leather today (I have fox red) from where they kept the center panel with the sharp studs facing down on the leather .... No protective padding .. Nothing.....

Aargghhh .... Wanted to take it back n complain but I am so disgusted by their callousness , I'll probably have the other dealer or an Indy shop look at it and see if it can be remedied in a simple way
Appreciate 0