EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

Closed Thread

10-07-2014, 09:41 AM   #1
AustinYellowMakesMeHard
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3

Some of these posts from clublexus are pure comedy

Quote:
So I asked: how is the M4? They stated the car is fast (not noticeably faster) on the track. The ride is horrendous, the sound is terrible (I will not dwell on this again.), and the looks of the car, exterior and interior are like any other BMW. However, they did make the point that the interior of the M4 is zero frills, little luxury if at all, unimpressive and not inviting, and that there is NO parking brake…! Much has been stripped to keep it on a diet.

When I inquired about the RCF, they all spoke about the remarkable control the car has on corning with the g-force artificial intelligence. They drove hot cars—not the detuned prototypes—with the final product software. Upon entering the corners, they loved how the car automatically downshifted, dug into the track while corning, and propelled them out at optimal speed. They also commented that, like the ISF, a nominal correction of the wheel was all that was needed to come out of a driver induced fishtail. The sound of the RCF was a big draw as well.

Yes, they said the car is heavier, but they did not feel the weight driving on the track, nor did it interfere with rapid takeoffs, handling, braking, etc. And I need to mention: the pro drivers had the RCF airborne at one point on the track where there is an abrupt incline and dropoff.

They could not say enough about the quality of the car, interior and outstanding seats, the profile, and overall design, and they particularly liked the ultrasonic blue metallic color.
Their conclusion is that based on their hands-on drives with the M4 and the RCF (the Audi’s at the track did not even enter into the serious comparisons), the RCF is the best overall car.
Quote:
Innovation is often shunned by those who are made uncomfortable with change. The RCF represents a paradigm shift for the industry.

The RCF is the next round in the Lexus vision of what a high performance luxury GT car should be. It's setting the tone for what will follow with the GSF, LSF and others. It is a breakthrough in engine design and functionality when compared to the majority of performance cars on the road, unlike the perfunctory six cylinders in the German cars that will prove to be a major problem within 30-40k miles from turbo-induced wear and tear. Just look at last year's M3. BMW is dealing with a veritable nightmare.

I'm not an afficianado of the Harris clan and never will be. He is not pissing me off. I just find his criticism to be provincial, presumptuous and biased. Harris is not a Nicki Lauda. How can he reach a conclusion on a car that is not even available as a production model on the road? What is the basis for his comments? A prototype? Who the heck draws a final conclusion based on a preproduction ride? Apparently, Harris does.

I applaud Lexus for letting journalists and self-proclaimed experts drive the new F as a prototype. The outcome can only be that much better than anything that has been written when the actual vehicle hits the road.
This is what the RCF represents according to one "enthusiastic" member.

Quote:
I want a super premium, high-performance, limited production go fast that turns my head every time I look at it. I want a sweet intake sound that never tires me, and the next generation engine and tranny to improve my driver experience. I also want a go fast that corners like a dream when the opportunity to safely take a ramp presents itself or an open, winding road beckons. I also want more muscle and a car that looks the part and delivers the experience.

Great read if you're bored

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-f...c-f-vs-m4.html
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 10:17 AM   #2
Damasconian
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

They talk about discounting the Chris Harris comments (Lexus came to the party dressed in 2008 clothing) because he was driving a prototype then making serious, substantial conclusions based on the same prototype. Discounting the 400 lb weight difference as inconsequential was also a treat.

I'm trying to get some work done today at the office, these totally readable clublexus posts don't help in my efficiency.
      10-07-2014, 10:30 AM   #3
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

Ugly but it's not a bad car by any means. I like that there is good competition nowadays. Helps keep BMW in check with their pricing. Hopefully BMW can also roll in some options as standard like other brands do rather than charging 4k for a couple of must have options. I am unchanged in my choice to always get the M3 for every generation till I die so this car or any other car won't change anything for me. That said, the Lexus will have reliability going for it unlike our M's where getting extended warranty's becomes a must have for most folks. I really like that other manufacturers are putting out 400+ HP cars.

My Amazing European Delivery Story
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #4
TravyTrav
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 IS250 F-Sport

I'm a member on CL and I noticed how fanboy-ish that post looked. Like cmon, its cool that you already put your order in for the RCF but dont make the M3 or M4 seem like its not at the top of the sport luxury class. The lease on my IS250 ends in August 15' & I had my eyes on the RC-F but it doesnt seem worth it for the price/weight/options. And whats even worse is none of the newer Toyotas/Lexus can be flashed or tuned.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 11:09 AM   #5
Np2014
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Bsm/Sb

What a bunch of jokers on club lexus! It just amazes me how they want to bash the m3/m4 when I'm sure 99% of those on that forum have not driven the car. The fact is the rc-f even just on paper can't match the m3/m4 in any categories except it has a naturally aspirated engine. They bash bmw reliablity when mu 04 330ci and 08 x5 4.8i have had zero major issues.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 11:27 AM   #6
NorCal f80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3

This goes for most forums. Look at the Z06 thread on this forum. Happens everywhere.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 11:28 AM   #7
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

lexus club members love lexus's (lexi?) what a surprise.

lets see just reading the first thing on the internet car and driver review.

Between the A- and C-pillars, engineers borrowed the floorpan of the Lexus IS C convertible (reinforcing the sills for good measure). The rear end is adapted from the current Lexus IS sedan. The three sections are welded and bonded together with structural adhesive used around the rockers, inner fenders, A-pillars, and floor crossmember. Extra spot welds join the cowl and rockers, and laser screw welding is used for the door apertures, rear window, and package tray.

sounds awesome with so many spot welds and glue holding 3 pieces of car together. i'm sure that won't creak much...maybe just little more sound deadening needed. looks like they pipe in the exhaust note through speakers as well. 8 speed auto. perfect.
i think this thing is more of a mercedes competitor than bmw.
      10-07-2014, 11:35 AM   #8
AustinYellowMakesMeHard
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasconian View Post
They talk about discounting the Chris Harris comments (Lexus came to the party dressed in 2008 clothing) because he was driving a prototype then making serious, substantial conclusions based on the same prototype. Discounting the 400 lb weight difference as inconsequential was also a treat.

I'm trying to get some work done today at the office, these totally readable clublexus posts don't help in my efficiency.
I found it funny that they took this random dude's word as gospel while bashing Chris Harris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravyTrav View Post
I'm a member on CL and I noticed how fanboy-ish that post looked. Like cmon, its cool that you already put your order in for the RCF but dont make the M3 or M4 seem like its not at the top of the sport luxury class. The lease on my IS250 ends in August 15' & I had my eyes on the RC-F but it doesnt seem worth it for the price/weight/options. And whats even worse is none of the newer Toyotas/Lexus can be flashed or tuned.
Yup, I couldn't stop cringing when I read that. If you read some of my older posts you'd see that I genuinely wanted the RC-F to be a proper contender. But it just isn't, and I'm disappointed in Lexus for that. I think it's plain stupid to turn a blind eye to all the issues with it and treat it like the second coming of Jesus.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 12:17 PM   #9
ixse
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 boxster s

i dOnt take anyone who drives lexus as an enthusiast. how do i know? im still to see a lexus show up at any of the track/autox ive attended. (if i did, they were too slow to be noticed). NO lexus (other than maybe lfa) is built for serious track pounding.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 12:37 PM   #10
JeffM-Houston
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 - White/Sakir

It has such an ugly front end that I don't even care.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 12:55 PM   #11
rmedeir1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW MW M4 - MPE, CCBs, all CF

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinYellowMakesMeHard View Post
I found it funny that they took this random dude's word as gospel while bashing Chris Harris!

Yup, I couldn't stop cringing when I read that. If you read some of my older posts you'd see that I genuinely wanted the RC-F to be a proper contender. But it just isn't, and I'm disappointed in Lexus for that. I think it's plain stupid to turn a blind eye to all the issues with it and treat it like the second coming of Jesus.
Give that guy $20k more a year to come over to BMW and he will have the same story for the M series.

I too like the competition. It drives uniqueness, innovation, and change which gives me options to choose from. To say that the RC-F is revolutionary or even any other car on the market today is simply a grandiose overstatement. I would go as far to say that even the Bugatti or even the Henessy Venom GT are not revolutionary. Until we can think of an alternative mode of transportation nothing is revolutionary...just evolutionary.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 12:59 PM   #12
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

I'm a recovering Lexus owner. I owned a 2008 IS-F prior to my two E9x. Been a long time member of CL and yeah those guys are a little delusional sometimes I got bashed hard when I got my E90.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 01:30 PM   #13
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

I can't put my finger on it but something just looks off with the overall symmetry of the body.

either way Im sure its a great car and I'm sure it will do well for lexus

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 01:40 PM   #14
phantomF80
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixse View Post
i dOnt take anyone who drives lexus as an enthusiast. how do i know? im still to see a lexus show up at any of the track/autox ive attended. (if i did, they were too slow to be noticed). NO lexus (other than maybe lfa) is built for serious track pounding.
Actually, 1st gen IS300 was a great autox car. I used to autox that car quite a bit. Had a 2nd gen IS for a bit after my E46 ZHP, and that was definitely a let down after having owned both the E46 and first gen IS (Altezza).
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 01:47 PM   #15
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
I can't put my finger on it but something just looks off with the overall symmetry of the body.

either way Im sure its a great car and I'm sure it will do well for lexus
Let's see...
headlights too small
DRL look like bags under the eyes
grill too big
too many pointy angles
hood is too flat over the engine
hood slopes down too much at front
rims are ugly
tail pipes are angled
side vent is too big
too much paint between windows and roof
side mirrors look weird
rear diffuser is too big
car is ugly as fuck

Other than that... nice car.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 01:47 PM   #16
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Dissension amoung Lexus fanboys, rethinking their orders after disappointing launch.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-f...eir-order.html
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 01:51 PM   #17
SOM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: SO F80

RC-F is pretty much what E92 M3 was plus 500 lbs. So in essence all the attributes that Lexus guys are praising about RC-F could also be said about E92 M3.

Welcome to 2008! Hahaha

Back on point...It is pure comedy over there.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 03:52 PM   #18
tallshortguy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

The only thing going for it is that NA V8. I'm still baffled as to why lexus made a bastardized chassis instead of working on the capable IS platform.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 06:00 PM   #19
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

There are some really uninformed people

I do think the RC-F will be a very capable car. It won't be as fast as the C63 in a straight line. It won't be as fast as an M4 on a road course. It won't be as capable in poor weather as the RS-5. I bet it will be pretty good but not great at anything. I do agree it is pretty freaking butt ugly. From a looks perspective, it is a clear last place IMO.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 07:13 PM   #20
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

I just read the entire thread... mainly because it was interesting and funny. If people think there are fanboys on this forum, there are REAL fanboys on CL Not only fanboys but very uninformed fanboys. It's almost embarrassing some of the things they are saying there and the lack of facts.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 07:21 PM   #21
phoenx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F80 M3, Tacoma, GT4 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallshortguy View Post
The only thing going for it is that NA V8. I'm still baffled as to why lexus made a bastardized chassis instead of working on the capable IS platform.
+1

The engine is the only thing i like about this car.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 08:13 PM   #22
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

haha we all should refer to our cars as "ultra premium, high performance, limited production go fasts" hahahaha!

he also says he wants it to "turn [his] head when he looks at it" ... doesn't that mean that when he looks at it he turns his head AWAY? haha! just saying ... maybe he meant it turns his head when it drives by?

yes, grammar nazi reporting for duty!

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread