BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-09-2014, 04:44 AM   #1
tcpip
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 M50d (F15)

Chassis Alert

Anyone else had the chassis alert randomly coming up; the suspension then goes into limp mode until you stop and off/on the car!

My F15 M50d has been into the dealer for this particular issue three times now.

I've also had issues with the soft closing doors popping open [BMW modification seems to have fixed this], child locks [recall], multiple alerts from pedestrian warning/stationary object detection in rain/spray [software update seems to have fixed this] and the drivers floor mat coming adrift and getting stuck under the pedals [mat replaced]).

The chassis alert has happened to me quite a few times, usually a few weeks apart, but last week it did it five times in one day <Grrrr>!

I've written to the dealer and said that I want it fixed properly this time, or a replacement vehicle, or my money back; the car is still with the dealer at the moment. I had an update from them yesterday.... they're replacing a sensor as a precaution, but the issue is believed to be a software issue; new software is being released with a fix this week and will be available in the UK on 16th October - they're hoping to download the software onto my car directly from BMW earlier than that.

I really do hope this fixes it - I've had far too many issues with this car, it's a fabulous car when it is all working properly, handles fabulously at speed on the German Autobahn, even at 150mph/240km/h, though cruise control tops out at 130mph ;-) but mine has been back to the dealer 7 times in 7 months - too many faults!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 05:09 AM   #2
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

I had this. Was fixed by fixing the sensor (replacing) and the latest SW update. SW updates are region and maybe even country specific and the dealer had to update their stuff (SW) over the weekend. It works error free since then. It will work for you as well for sure. Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2014, 03:33 AM   #3
tcpip
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 M50d (F15)

Thank you, the dealer have replaced the sensor as a precaution and BMW have themselves updated the software on my vehicle as the software still wasn't available to the dealer here in the UK. I believe they updated the main vehicle software and also something on the chassis/suspension - not sure of the exact details I'm afraid.

It's been a week so far and no recurrence, so fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2014, 01:17 PM   #4
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

@tcpip To answer your original question, Yes!

Took it to the dealer I bought car from and they fixed it. No software change just re-set the error message. Touch wood after 3,500 miles it hasn't come back since!
Appreciate 0