BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

11-09-2014, 09:35 PM   #1
FashionablyFast
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi R8 V10 Plus

Garage List
Is My Car Lowered? And I Need Identification On These Spacers (PICS).

Since purchasing my clean M3, I've noticed a few subtle mods on the car....mods I don't mind at all and I find to be an added bonus. But I'm trying to identify them without taking apart the car.

I ordered a set of GP Thunder angel eye bulbs and when I removed the old bulbs, I realized they were PIAA's and were the same color as the GP Thunders. This was going to be a temporary mod until I decide on a set of LED angel eyes. Since the color of the PIAA's in there now matches the GP Thunders, I'm assuming our cars don't come with PIAA bulbs from the factory?

Another thing I recently noticed is the car has spacers on it....at least it looks like it does. If those are indeed spacers, I didn't notice right away because they're silver and match the color of the hub. Now I'm trying to figure out who the manufacturer and the sizes. Seems like the popular spacers are black and H&R spacers are silver but have their name etched in them. Mine doesn't have anything etched in them so I don't know the sizes or the brand. Maybe one of you would have suggestions.

Also, I'm wondering if the car is lowered. I searched pics of lowered cars on springs and some look like the height of my car, some look lower. I looked underneath the car and the springs are black....so they're either stock or they're Eibach Pro Kits which are also black and offer a very subtle drop. If you experts can spot any other mods (besides the front lip and what's mentioned), let me know)

What do you guys/gals think?

FRONT:

REAR:
      11-09-2014, 09:55 PM   #2
m3ray
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 M3

Car doesn't appear lowered just the tires spaced out. I had mine for a month before realizing previous owner had put spacers on it. It should have came this way from the factory imo.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 10:23 PM   #3
FashionablyFast
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3ray View Post
Car doesn't appear lowered just the tires spaced out. I had mine for a month before realizing previous owner had put spacers on it. It should have came this way from the factory imo.
I couldn't agree more about the spacers. Even without lowering, the rear wheels sit perfectly when there are spacers on them. What sucks about owning a car like this is, we never get to see what it looks like rolling since we're the ones driving it.
      11-09-2014, 10:24 PM   #4
m3ray
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 M3

I have the Macht Schnel ones and they are black. Turners are silver. Don't know about any other brands. I would just check that whatever spacer you have is hub centric and also that you have the longer lug bolts required with spacers.

Nice looking car by the way.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 10:52 PM   #5
FashionablyFast
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3ray
I have the Macht Schnel ones and they are black. Turners are silver. Don't know about any other brands. I would just check that whatever spacer you have is hub centric and also that you have the longer lug bolts required with spacers.

Nice looking car by the way.
Thanks! I think they're hubcentric. There's absolutely no vibration whatsoever at freeway speeds. Also in the car's service records, there's an invoice for mounting and balancing Michelin PSS's and hubcentric spacers but doesn't say anything else about the spacers. I'll probably eventually have to take the wheels off to identify the sizes and brand. I'm getting new wheels before the spring anyways. I'll post a front quarter angle tomorrow to show a different angle of the ride height.
      11-16-2014, 11:05 PM   #6
Jd9900
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhSoCal View Post
Thanks! I think they're hubcentric. There's absolutely no vibration whatsoever at freeway speeds. Also in the car's service records, there's an invoice for mounting and balancing Michelin PSS's and hubcentric spacers but doesn't say anything else about the spacers. I'll probably eventually have to take the wheels off to identify the sizes and brand. I'm getting new wheels before the spring anyways. I'll post a front quarter angle tomorrow to show a different angle of the ride height.
Are you in social ? I might be interested in buying your wheels if you are selling them. I have the same ones but they have some curb rash damage.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 10:09 AM   #7
B8bydesign
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Car looks good man (this is b6bydesign from over on AZ by the way). Definitely has spacers, my guess would be Turner. Hard to tell if it's lowered or not though, in these pictures at least. Don't notice any other mods either, besides the front lip like you mentioned. My only suggestion, pick up a set of painted reflectors!
Sold: '11.5 e92 M3 | DCT | Mineral White/Novillo | ZCP | ZCV | ZCW | ZP2 | M Performance | ACM | BPM | iND | Thule | LUX | Macht Schnell | Broadway Static | Rogue Engineering | BBS | Challenge | Metak
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 09:23 PM   #8
FashionablyFast
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by B8bydesign View Post
Car looks good man (this is b6bydesign from over on AZ by the way). Definitely has spacers, my guess would be Turner. Hard to tell if it's lowered or not though, in these pictures at least. Don't notice any other mods either, besides the front lip like you mentioned. My only suggestion, pick up a set of painted reflectors!
Good to see you here also.
Yeah, I have a bunch of cosmetic mods waiting for spring and painted reflectors are one of them.
Do you still have the roofrack for the S4?
      11-18-2014, 10:52 PM   #9
M3ANMACHINE
Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 + 2014 F15 X5

My guess is 10-12mm front and rear
2011 SG E90 M3 | 2008 AW E90 M3 | 2004 E46 M3
Appreciate 1
      11-24-2014, 10:19 AM   #10
noremaC
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90M

Funny enough I was pondering the exact same thing this morning (and took pictures to compare). At least in regards to being lowered.

Our ride heights look very similar and believe it is stock. It looks a good bit lower in person, however pictures really exaggerate the wheel gap.
Attached Images