BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

01-07-2015, 01:11 PM   #1
HapaM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Registered a new battery but didn't code

So I replaced my black battery, assuming AGM, with an AutoZone lead acid battery and registered it. I didn't code in the change because coding automatically pulled up other updates, of which I think might cancel my launch control and other upgrades. Any comments on this?

What is going to happen now that my car thinks there is a AGM battery in there but its a lead acid type???? The registration should take care of charging load no? It seems as though if you had the car coded to lead acid and installed an AGM without coding, you are worse off than if the car was coded for AGM and you use a lead acid.

Thanks for the responses on a topic.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 04:03 PM   #2
E90M3velocity
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: Manual-Slicktop E90 M3

I did that before, it killed the replacement lead battery in a year. Since it was AGM, the car would charge it in a lesser rate than a lead battery. My alarm going off for a minute would reset my time. Plus the car's computer doesnt like a low battery as it causes a lot of electronic gremlins to appear.
Appreciate 0