BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

01-21-2015, 02:59 PM   #1
GTHAUS
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G82 M4

GTHAU Presents: Meisterschaft exhaust for the F15 X5 35i!

With the new X5 release from BMW, we immediately jumped on the 50i M-Sport due to the twin turbo V8 laying under its hood! With that done, we’ve shifted our focus to the more practical X5 35i, housing BMW’s brilliant N55 engine (3.0L I6 Turbo).

We like the N55. We like it’s liveliness and its substantial power output. More importantly though, we love the sound it produces when paired with the right exhaust! So, we brought the right exhaust into existence.

Held to a standard of perfection, the Meisterschaft exhaust system is constructed using T-304 grade stainless steel and is TIG welded completely by hand.

With the new X5 release from BMW, we immediately jumped on the 50i M-Sport due to the twin turbo V8 laying under its hood! With that done, we’ve shifted our focus to the more practical X5 35i, housing BMW’s brilliant N55 engine (3.0L I6 Turbo).

We like the N55. We like it’s liveliness and its substantial power output. More importantly though, we love the sound it produces when paired with the right exhaust! So, we brought the right exhaust into existence.

Held to a standard of perfection, the Meisterschaft exhaust system is constructed using T-304 grade stainless steel and is TIG welded completely by hand.

The Meisterschaft GTC (EV Control) is the easy choice here as it delivers the best of both worlds: luxury & sport performance. Our electronically controlled variable chamber (E.C.V.C) technology allows us to replicate the stock exhaust sound in closed mode, which is subtle and quiet but has faint sporty tone when you really get on the throttle. In open mode however, it is smooth, sporty & aggressive.

We also offer the Meisterschaft GTS, the GTS is more conventional and produces an aggressive note 100% of the time, not featuring a valve control function.

The unit we’re introducing now features 2x102mm Round Split tips on both GTS & GTC variations. The 102mm, or 4-inch, exhaust tips fit freely into the rear bumpers exhaust openings with a perfect gap all the way around.

We are also currently working on a 4x102mm Round Split version, for those who are looking for a very aggressive look at the back of their car. The 4x102mm will be introduced at a later date.

With our Meisterschaft axle-back installed, the car peaked at 250 horsepower on our all-wheel-drive mustang dyno, this was achieved with the GTC (EV Control) unit in the open position, making a total peak power gain of ~20HP and ~23ft/lbs of torque. In the closed position we saw 228HP and 236ft/lbs. So if it’s performance you’re after, open up that valve!

All in all we are very happy with the results of this new X5 35i. It sounded great and made excellent power once equipped with a Meisterschaft exhaust!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 03:26 PM   #2
PTY_M
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW x5 x35i Msport

Nice, i would like to see pics of the car with 2x102mm Round Split tips mounted.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 03:29 PM   #3
PTY_M
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW x5 x35i Msport

Ok, the pics are in other post, thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 03:51 PM   #4
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru