BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-20-2015, 10:48 AM   #1
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra

iDrive & dash reboot

I'm not sure if they are connected but when driving yesterday the iDrive went to a 'No Connection' orange text message on a black screen then rebooted and then on the dash all the needles dropped to 0, all indicator lights went off, all came back on and then it just went back to operating as normal. All this while doing 70'ish down the M40. I have the dash without the extended LCD (it goes from just left of centre over to the right hand side at the bottom).

No Check Control messages were shown or recorded and it then worked fine for the rest of the day, about 200 miles or so.

Has anyone else seen this apparent dash reboot? It was a bit unnerving while driving at 70 odd down the motorway.

I've seen the iDrive reboot once or twice before so am not really that concerned about that one. I'm not due for service for about 5k miles and don't know if it is worth while getting it checked out in the meantime.

I suspect if I took it in it would be the standard "we can't reproduce the problem" response.
Appreciate 0