BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-10-2015, 01:05 PM   #1
S1OOORR
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15 X5

WINTER TIRES PERFORMANCE on 20" STAGGZ

Ok if you switched out your summer tires for winters please share how did your winter tires performed this winter with 20" STAGGZ. Please specify the name brand of your tires. Pros and Cons on the tires
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 01:17 PM   #2
S1OOORR
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15 X5

i switched out my tires for the DWS continentals and i put them to use this winter I'm in the NY area and we got hit with quite a few storms. Well i thought they handle well for the most part with the amount of snow and ice we received this winter. i thought the traction was very good at low speeds and high speeds. i don't recommend driving at a high rate of speed in snow or ice however i did but i was in control. i thought the braking distance on the tires were very good. i driven in all modes and have no complaints. one thing i went into a ditch along the highway because this idiot decided he wanted to stop in the middle of the road so to avoid hitting him i went right into the ditch. but never fear i keep a shovel in my F15 dug out some snow up the small hill out of the snow and on my way i went and by the way it was about 10 inches of snow. so i will rate these tires a whopping 8.7 i like them they done the job for me.
Appreciate 0