BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

06-01-2015, 01:57 AM   #1
han0355
Private First Class
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 10 GT-R,12 991 C2S, 08 6MT M3

JRZ RS pro reservoir connecting problem

Hi guys
I bought a set of used JRZ RS Pro and am in the process of installing it.
However, it didn't came with the installation guide. I'm wondering if any fellow member on the forum would share it with me!
My biggest problem is I couldn't get the reservoir cables to connect. Isn't it supposed to be plug and play? Or is there a certain condition (clicks) that I need to be at to plug it in?
Getting really frustrated with this. Im wondering if any of you could help

Thanks
George
Brembo + Hawk DTC70 / JRZ RS Pro / Varis Diffusers / GT4 Lip / TE37 SL / NT01 275 Square / Akrapovic Evo / Recaro Red PP / Back Seat Removal / APR GT-250 & GT4 lip + Chassis Mount Front Splitter + Canard / Motul 5W-40 & RS683 Brake Fluid
Life is too short to drive boring cars
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 11:37 AM   #2
knolow
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

George,

As you know the lines are pressurized. A few things may help. Don't try to keep connecting unless your ready and have rested. Every time you try you are leaking fluid which some may argue is minute but non the less you leaking what should be there. If you are connecting the front lines, lift the front of the car via the center jack lift point so the whole front 2 wheels are off the ground. This should relive some pressure. Then, all jokes aside, man up and force the 2 connections together (not super easy as again the lines are pressurized). Do the same for the rear.
      06-01-2015, 11:48 AM   #3
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
I would give JRZ a call:

http://www.jrzsuspension.com/contact/usa.html

They're very helpful, excellent customer service
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 12:44 AM   #4
Performance Eurowerks
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Hi George,

We're a new sponsor here on Bimmerpost and are a JRZ dealer. As knolow mentioned, the most likely issue in difficulty of connecting the quick disconnects is that the lines are greatly pressurized.

Do you have access to nitrogen or normal compressed shop air?

It's highly recommend that you relieve all the pressure in the canisters before releasing/connecting the quick disconnects, so as not to risk losing substantial amount of shock fluid. In addition, this should be done with the suspension unloaded. With the system depressurized, connecting the QDs should be fairly manageable. Prior to loading the suspension, refill with nitrogen to your desired pressure. If nitrogen is not available, at least fill it with some standard compressed air to get you by on your way to a shop who can fill your canisters with nitrogen.

Hopefully that helps a little. Let us know if we can clarify anything else.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2015, 12:28 AM   #5
han0355
Private First Class
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 10 GT-R,12 991 C2S, 08 6MT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Performance Eurowerks View Post
Hi George,

We're a new sponsor here on Bimmerpost and are a JRZ dealer. As knolow mentioned, the most likely issue in difficulty of connecting the quick disconnects is that the lines are greatly pressurized.

Do you have access to nitrogen or normal compressed shop air?

It's highly recommend that you relieve all the pressure in the canisters before releasing/connecting the quick disconnects, so as not to risk losing substantial amount of shock fluid. In addition, this should be done with the suspension unloaded. With the system depressurized, connecting the QDs should be fairly manageable. Prior to loading the suspension, refill with nitrogen to your desired pressure. If nitrogen is not available, at least fill it with some standard compressed air to get you by on your way to a shop who can fill your canisters with nitrogen.

Hopefully that helps a little. Let us know if we can clarify anything else.
Hi I have the issue resolved and it is exactly how you suggestsed. Much appreciated! I realeased the pressure then the hoses cliped in and i pumped it with nitrogen, now it runs great!
Thanks!
Brembo + Hawk DTC70 / JRZ RS Pro / Varis Diffusers / GT4 Lip / TE37 SL / NT01 275 Square / Akrapovic Evo / Recaro Red PP / Back Seat Removal / APR GT-250 & GT4 lip + Chassis Mount Front Splitter + Canard / Motul 5W-40 & RS683 Brake Fluid
Life is too short to drive boring cars
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2015, 12:25 AM   #6
Performance Eurowerks
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by han0355 View Post
Hi I have the issue resolved and it is exactly how you suggestsed. Much appreciated! I realeased the pressure then the hoses cliped in and i pumped it with nitrogen, now it runs great!
Thanks!
Awesome! Glad it all worked out. Let us know if you ever need help with anything.
Appreciate 0