BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

07-28-2015, 06:35 PM   #1
kerkiraios00
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 MW M3

How bad do I need a drop?

I just slapped these wheels on and I think I need a drop which I was hoping to leave my stock zcps on.. I'm happy with the rear but I wouldn't mind another 1/2 inch.. The front on the other hand I think needs a drop.. It almost makes my wheels look like 18s? Any thoughts opinions? I was thinking about doing the kw sleeve only bc I never track my car.. Thanks in advance

2018 F80 M3 ZCP Mineral White- Extended Shakir Orange - Full Suntek Ultra Wrapped - ///M Performance Spoiler - RKP Front Lip - RKP Side Skirts - Vorsteiner GTS Diffuser -AA Mid-Pipe-///M performance HAS kit - HRE P101

11 E90 M3 JEREZ BLK METALLIC ZCP SOLD
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 07:48 PM   #2
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I would only do the KW HAS kit if I had EDC. Otherwise I'd go with a complete coilover kit. I've heard good things about eibachs lowering springs being perfect to get rid of wheel gap. I have KW HAS kit on my car and I love it.
      07-28-2015, 10:26 PM   #3
kiln
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

I have same wheels and same issue. Im going with ohlins coilovers
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 06:44 AM   #4
kerkiraios00
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
I would only do the KW HAS kit if I had EDC. Otherwise I'd go with a complete coilover kit. I've heard good things about eibachs lowering springs being perfect to get rid of wheel gap. I have KW HAS kit on my car and I love it.
Thanks for the reply guys.. What's the kw has kit? I had the reg kW kit on my previous e90 I loved it the only thing I didn't like was that I was getting a squeaking on bumps? I do have edc so i wanna keep that function.. Is there a diff in those kw kits or is it the same one? Any pics of your car?

I don't think I wanna do a coilover kit I don't track my car at all and I can't justify the price tag for it.. Also I'm thinking about going sc so I gotta save my pennies.. Lol your car made me pull the trigger on these wheels bro lol thanks a lot
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 07:02 AM   #5
B8bydesign
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerkiraios00 View Post
Thanks for the reply guys.. What's the kw has kit? I had the reg kW kit on my previous e90 I loved it the only thing I didn't like was that I was getting a squeaking on bumps? I do have edc so i wanna keep that function.. Is there a diff in those kw kits or is it the same one? Any pics of your car?

I don't think I wanna do a coilover kit I don't track my car at all and I can't justify the price tag for it.. Also I'm thinking about going sc so I gotta save my pennies.. Lol your car made me pull the trigger on these wheels bro lol thanks a lot
KW H.A.S. kit = KW Sleeve kit. I would go with that, gives you some adjustability and retains your EDC functions.
Sold: '11.5 e92 M3 | DCT | Mineral White/Novillo | ZCP | ZCV | ZCW | ZP2 | M Performance | ACM | BPM | iND | Thule | LUX | Macht Schnell | Broadway Static | Rogue Engineering | BBS | Challenge | Metak
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 09:36 AM   #6
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerkiraios00
Quote:

Here's one. I just got rid of the wheel gap, otherwise stock. By SC you mean USC? What are you going to study?
Attached Images

07-29-2015, 10:13 AM   #7
B8bydesign
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Here's one. I just got rid of the wheel gap, otherwise stock. By SC you mean USC? What are you going to study?
I think he may have meant supercharger.
Sold: '11.5 e92 M3 | DCT | Mineral White/Novillo | ZCP | ZCV | ZCW | ZP2 | M Performance | ACM | BPM | iND | Thule | LUX | Macht Schnell | Broadway Static | Rogue Engineering | BBS | Challenge | Metak
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 11:41 AM   #8
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
swift springs. if you want to spend more go for it, but at least with the swift you'll get appropriate performance and nice drop.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 01:49 PM   #9
kaiv
IG: limited.slip
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 in a 325i Touring body!

You are crazy OP, your car looks great, clean and classy -and that's coming from someone who really isn't a big fan of HRE. Don't get into the whole slam/stance thing. Keep it tasteful, as is.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 03:47 PM   #10
X5-User
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X5 35d

Quote:

Just wondering, Why would you only do KW HAS ? I think 90% of the people who has HAS, never changed the height so if someone doesn't need a adjustable height, is it justifiable to get HAS? or any Sport Spring would work?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 03:52 PM   #11
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-M3
Quote:

Just wondering, Why would you only do KW HAS ? I think 90% of the people who has HAS, never changed the height so if someone doesn't need a adjustable height, is it justifiable to get HAS? or any Sport Spring would work?
Seriously? The KW HAS kit makes your stock EDC shocks coilovers. Thus they become adjustable like a coilover. It's not just a spring replacement. 0-1" the OP said he DOESNT track and just wants to lower. He also wants to maintain EDC.
      07-29-2015, 03:59 PM   #12
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Here are stats from their site. Zoomed in on the important stuff.
Attached Images

07-29-2015, 04:16 PM   #13
kerkiraios00
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I'm going to study about forced induction lol no I meant supercharger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiv View Post
You are crazy OP, your car looks great, clean and classy -and that's coming from someone who really isn't a big fan of HRE. Don't get into the whole slam/stance thing. Keep it tasteful, as is.
Thanks for the kind words.. Honestly I'm not big changing every part in my car I like the stock clean look but I think I need a drop.. That's why I wanted to ask the forums help and opinion.. It should sit like that
Quote:
Seriously? The KW HAS kit makes your stock EDC shocks coilovers. Thus they become adjustable like a coilover. It's not just a spring replacement. 0-1" the OP said he DOESNT track and just wants to lower. He also wants to maintain EDC.
Your car looks great bro.. Thanks for the pic and help.. Is your car zcp?
2018 F80 M3 ZCP Mineral White- Extended Shakir Orange - Full Suntek Ultra Wrapped - ///M Performance Spoiler - RKP Front Lip - RKP Side Skirts - Vorsteiner GTS Diffuser -AA Mid-Pipe-///M performance HAS kit - HRE P101

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 04:17 PM   #14
kerkiraios00
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Their only $800 I think it's worth it

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 04:33 PM   #15
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Their only $800 I think it's worth it
Bingo. I'm not a cheapo but I think KW is a good brand. I would rather have the V3's but I can't spend 5g's on my car when my wife just gave us our first baby. I'm on financial probation for a while lol. So the KW HAS kit installed and ride height set for a total of $1200 by the boys at EAS is a great deal IMO!
      07-29-2015, 07:48 PM   #16
kerkiraios00
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Bingo. I'm not a cheapo but I think KW is a good brand. I would rather have the V3's but I can't spend 5g's on my car when my wife just gave us our first baby. I'm on financial probation for a while lol. So the KW HAS kit installed and ride height set for a total of $1200 by the boys at EAS is a great deal IMO!
Lmaoo I hear you bro I'm getting married in November so I'm joining your club soon.. Lol Do hear any squeaking noise? My 08 e90 m3 had squeaky noise right after the install? Maybe install was an issue?

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2015, 12:14 AM   #17
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Lmaoo I hear you bro I'm getting married in November so I'm joining your club soon.. Lol Do hear any squeaking noise? My 08 e90 m3 had squeaky noise right after the install? Maybe install was an issue?
No but since day one I've had a clunk when driving in inclined driveways with my wheels turned. Everything is looking great under the car though. After a little research I think I'm going to change my swaybar end links to adjustable ones. I would like to return my swaybar to stock geometry for clearance during articulation. Lowered my car bout 1" with the HAS kit so I need to shorten the links. My swaybar bottom pivot seems to be making contact with the steering tie rod end. No squeaks though.