BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-31-2015, 10:57 AM   #1
masc2279
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X6 //M-Sport

Dinan and Warranty

I know that BMW's warranty and Dinan have an agreement for repairs and there should be no issues if anything arises.

But does anyone have experience with Dinan after BMW's warranty runs out and you have a dealer sold extended warranty ? I have coverage for 10Y/120k.

Has anyone had any issues getting any repairs and or claims taken care of ?

The dealer said i can just remove the Dinan after BMW's warranty runs out if i am worried but then whats the point in getting it installed in the first place. Other than a short stint of performance and then the withdraws of it being removed ... LOL

Does anyone have experience with this scenario ?

Thanks in advance !!

I have only found one searching for this issue under "Dinan mods *WILL* void your aftermarket warranty" but this was a serious issue. Was wondering if anyone else has had any issues.
2015 BMW X6 //M-Sport //M-Performance Power Kit, Black Sapphire Metallic, Terra Dakota Leather, Night Vision W/Pedestrian Detection, Adaptive Lighting, Ambiance Lighting, Led Fog Lights, Harmon Kardon Surround Sound, Heads Up Display. Rear Seat Entertainment, Premium Package, Lighting Package, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 12:42 PM   #2
Blackhawks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 x35i

If you run into a serious issue is there any way for them to tell that you had the tune installed? Can't you yank it before taking the car in for warranty work? If it's not there they have no proof that it was running during the time that the car malfunctioned.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 01:39 PM   #3
masc2279
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X6 //M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawks View Post
If you run into a serious issue is there any way for them to tell that you had the tune installed? Can't you yank it before taking the car in for warranty work? If it's not there they have no proof that it was running during the time that the car malfunctioned.
Not sure what is reported and as far as the dealer is concerned just remove it before warranty end and once extended is done have it reinstalled. But that defies the reason to buy it. I might wait till after all warranties are done.
2015 BMW X6 //M-Sport //M-Performance Power Kit, Black Sapphire Metallic, Terra Dakota Leather, Night Vision W/Pedestrian Detection, Adaptive Lighting, Ambiance Lighting, Led Fog Lights, Harmon Kardon Surround Sound, Heads Up Display. Rear Seat Entertainment, Premium Package, Lighting Package, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package.
Appreciate 0