GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

12-09-2015, 01:11 PM   #1
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

Talking PCD Photos and Experience - Quick Review

So I was doing PCD after ED and the pickup was scheduled for 11/5. Overall it was an amazing experience, very short but still amazing experience. I would encourage everyone to do it atleast once as it is very rare opportunity to be able to experience some of the limits of your car outside of doing a dedicated track day.

Quick Summary and some Comments/Observations:
  • Arrived by air the previous day from Philly
  • The hotel sent out a X5 to pick me up
  • The hotel staff was extremely professional and very helpful through
  • Was alone on this trip so the evning in the hotel was rather boring
  • Dinner was really good
  • Next day started early and a group of us got dropped off to the Performance Center via a shuttle bus
  • Everything at the PCD went like clockwork. The instructors were amazing and very helpful
  • We got divided into three separate groups depending on what cars we were picking up. Lucky for me there were two other M3's being picked up so we all were in the dedicated M3 group. Instructor was Donnie which was the other big plus as he is an amazing driver and gave me plenty of pointers
  • My favorite events for the day were the track events. I picked a AY M3 just because
  • The track time was an amazing amazing experience and it encourages me big time to go back and do a "M" school there. I believe that's the whole idea behind offering that track time.
  • I was truly amazed at the capability of the M3 around the track. I swear I literally threw it around every corner and it always corrected itself. Don't think I would have the balls to push it anywhere near those limits on the street with the fear of crashing but it's good to know how easily it can handle everything that was thrown at it.
  • All cars has MPE on them and it sounded amazing
  • AY looks really good with M Perf Parts. Without it, not as much
  • Stock ride height looks perfect with the M Perf Lip. I don't think this car needs a drop at all but I know most would disagree because priorities are different
  • Saw a Fire Orange and a SO M awaiting delivery
  • Lunch was pretty good
  • The factory tour was pretty useless as they don't have any good viewing/observation deck/walkway like Munich.
  • Since I had already done ED, the delivery was just slapping on the tag and handing me the keys
  • The car still had the front plate on and all my ED window stickers were intact . The rear plate and other misc stuff was neatly kept in the trunk
  • Was very overcast throughout the two days there but luckily the rain held off
  • I got done by 1 and headed out the long drive back to Philly
  • I had to scrap the Blue Ridge Parkway plan as the clouds were very low reducing the visibility close to zero

Would I do PCD again?
No because it was simply too long a drive to get back home and the track time was very very short. If I was closer I would do it everytime.

Should everyone do PCD?
100% yes atleast once

Enjoy the pictures
Attached Images

My Amazing European Delivery Story

Last edited by ///M///; 12-09-2015 at 01:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 01:18 PM   #2
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep

Found some bonus pictures on my other camera They are in random order

I want to reiterate how amazing AY looks with the Black M Perf Parts
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 02:32 PM   #3
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

nice write up. I also did the super delivery and missed you by a day (I did PCD on 11/4). I made it back to Chicago the same day in just under 10 hours. I skipped everything after the track driving for that reason. glad to hear I didn't miss anything with the factory tour.
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2015, 03:36 PM   #4
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
nice write up. I also did the super delivery and missed you by a day (I did PCD on 11/4). I made it back to Chicago the same day in just under 10 hours. I skipped everything after the track driving for that reason. glad to hear I didn't miss anything with the factory tour.
Did you get rained on? The guys right from the airport ride to the hotel to the Performance Center were all complaining about the rainy weather the pat few days. Lucky for me it did not rain on 11/5 even though it looked like it was going to pour any second

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 03:38 PM   #5
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm918 View Post
Did you get rained on? The guys right from the airport ride to the hotel to the Performance Center were all complaining about the rainy weather the pat few days. Lucky for me it did not rain on 11/5 even though it looked like it was going to pour any second
that's how it was for me. no rain, but very cloudy
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 12:00 AM   #6
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

nice, I was just there on 10/29 picking up y M3. it is nice to see all those BMW folks. what a fun job they have.
      12-10-2015, 08:33 AM   #7
jcote258
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 F95 X5M

Awesome, looks like a good time. Mine is Next Friday, hopefully I don't get rained on there and snowed on once I get closer to VA.
Appreciate 0