BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-22-2015, 07:28 AM   #1
Dash Riprock
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 Black/Cognac

mischief

Good Morning…

I’ve owned my X6 for a little over a week and live in an east coast urban area. I’m curious to know if others find their cars to be targets for thieves, mischief and/or something else? How much of a concern is this for you? Reasonable precautions?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2015, 09:21 AM   #2
artem123
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30

You are exactly where I am. Except i moved From Philly to Bucks for many various reasons. Here is one for you. My former office was located on Bustleton, between Knorr and Unruh. My Passat at that time was 3 days old. Car was parked on the back of the office with huge sign "Camera in use". Weasel breaks into via driver door window and snatches GPS... Ran from the scene leaving his bike behind. Insurance covered it.
      12-22-2015, 10:12 AM   #3
Doanster
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15 Carbon Black M-Sport

There is no rhyme or reason these days for vandalism or thievery. It's just a matter of "convenience" and when someone happens to be having a day where they're pissed off at the world.
Examples in my car ownership history include actual theft (CDs and radio) to a "WTF? Why would someone do that?" time when someone threw a small bike into the back of my hatchback window and took off.
I just take care where I park, how I park, etc. and let the rest ride. We can't control idiots, regardless of make/model...