Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

02-05-2016, 03:52 PM   #1
M3Tooner
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 DCT ZCP

Lumbar support for ZCP seats shows up on BMW parts catalog

With all the talk about ZCP seats not having lumbar support, I went on RealOEM.com to see what I can uncover.

Not sure if this is a mistake on their site, since the picture doesn't really match the press released picture of the seat switch panel. Anyway it says Competition Package has lumbar support switches for the left and right front seats. I thought I would post it up and see if anyone here knows any better.

Last edited by M3Tooner; 07-04-2016 at 09:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 04:10 PM   #2
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

error. prolly up before comp seats were officially revealed. bet the part numbers are the same as the standard seats.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 04:46 PM   #3
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

You made me have a look on BMW ETK and it IS showing different lumbar pads for the Competition Package.
Attached Images

San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 05:33 PM   #4
M3Tooner
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 DCT ZCP

Lordosis Pad. LMAO! Had to google what that was.

Last edited by M3Tooner; 07-04-2016 at 09:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 05:56 PM   #5
faiz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP SO/Amaro

Doesn't this say S7MAA Competition package=No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsussex View Post
You made me have a look on BMW ETK and it IS showing different lumbar pads for the Competition Package.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 12:52 AM   #6
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz
Doesn't this say S7MAA Competition package=No?

Quote:
Well that's the weird thing. Why show an option for vehicles with competition package and then put in the supplement that those specific parts for that package are not actually applicable to that package?!!!!
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 10:25 AM   #7
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Well that's the weird thing. Why show an option for vehicles with competition package and then put in the supplement that those specific parts for that package are not actually applicable to that package?!!!!
To make it clear that said option is not available. What's so weird?

OP, ZCP seats do not have lumbar support as ETK clearly says.
      02-06-2016, 10:30 AM   #8
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon
Quote:
To make it clear that said option is not available. What's so weird?

OP, ZCP seats do not have lumbar support as ETK clearly says.
Well perhaps I'm being stupid but why the hell list different part numbers for a Competition Package but then say that they are not applicable to the Competition Package production code? THAT is what is weird - just don't bother listing different part numbers.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 10:51 AM   #9
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well perhaps I'm being stupid but why the hell list different part numbers for a Competition Package but then say that they are not applicable to the Competition Package production code? THAT is what is weird - just don't bother listing different part numbers.
So you are angry at BMW, ok, life goes on. The Comp seats don't seem to have lumbar support, those that have seen them concur and the button that controls lumbar adjustment is missing in the Comp seats, let it go. You're chasing down a rabbit hole imo.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 10:58 AM   #10
PodDoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i / 2016 F80 M3

So glad i didnt wait for the comp pack now. I love the package itself and the seats with the cutouts look great, but with the amount of driving I do, i need to have number support or else my back kills me after a longer drive.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 11:01 AM   #11
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake
Quote:
So you are angry at BMW, ok, life goes on. The Comp seats don't seem to have lumbar support, those that have seen them concur and the button that controls lumbar adjustment is missing in the Comp seats, let it go. You're chasing down a rabbit hole imo.
Seriously??? I'm not angry with BMW and thank you, I am more than capable of looking at photos which show it's not got the lumbar switches and I also have a order for my car which omits the lumbar support option from list.

So yes, I AM aware that it is not being shipped on my car at least. I just thought it was weird that BMW bother to list part numbers for something they don't actually supply. Just thought it strange but clearly my point is lost.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 11:28 AM   #12
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Seriously??? I'm not angry with BMW and thank you, I am more than capable of looking at photos which show it's not got the lumbar switches and I also have a order for my car which omits the lumbar support option from list.

So yes, I AM aware that it is not being shipped on my car at least. I just thought it was weird that BMW bother to list part numbers for something they don't actually supply. Just thought it strange but clearly my point is lost.
I am not able to find out which part numbers that are different in the parts catalogs?

Could it be just as much about how the information is displayed? By going on a Norwegian parts suppliers online ETK, the information is presented differently and makes much more sense...

The part # is listed along with the description and price etc. Behind the description there is a red "I" (for information). If the mouse arrow hovers over this "I", the following info comes up: "For cars with 7MA Comp Pack = No"

On the Norwegian parts catalog it's easy to understand and not as confusing as the above examples. Could it be just down to how the different online parts catalogs choose to show the coding for each part?

Using the Norwegian parts catalog, looking up the part numbers for lumbar support, it's very straightforward to find out which part numbers aren't for cars with Comp Pack...

Last edited by Boss330; 02-06-2016 at 11:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2016, 08:08 AM   #13
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Casual observer here... but didn't the F10 not have lumbar in the beginning - at least here in the USA? I think it had something to do with crash tests? Then it magically started appearing?

And also, to comment - no clue why a certain someone on this thread assumed you were mad at BMW. I didn't read that in any of your posts.
Appreciate 1
MT13544.50
      02-07-2016, 02:23 PM   #14
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Casual observer here... but didn't the F10 not have lumbar in the beginning - at least here in the USA? I think it had something to do with crash tests? Then it magically started appearing?

And also, to comment - no clue why a certain someone on this thread assumed you were mad at BMW. I didn't read that in any of your posts.
Check your sarcasm meters gents.

Boss seems to present a good answer for the discrepancy.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2016, 11:14 PM   #15
humbertin0
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4

Raising this from the dead. Looks like M3Tooner may have been on to something....

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1324633
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2016, 06:10 PM   #16
FunRevn
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

BUMP does the European model have lumbar on the competition package? If so, this would seem plausible that the innards are there with the controls being omitted possibly due to some kind of certification required in the US.
2007 X3 MSport - retired
1995 M3 - retired
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2016, 05:01 PM   #17
DL3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is

Just a thought, My current "Is" has NO adjustable lumbar, Perfectly fine. Could the Comp. seats be less comfy?? Can't be.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 02:18 PM   #18
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL3 View Post
Just a thought, My current "Is" has NO adjustable lumbar, Perfectly fine. Could the Comp. seats be less comfy?? Can't be.
That's a rather oversimplified and myopic perspective considering that we are all different heights, widths, have varying spinal curvatures, etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 03:01 PM   #19
DL3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
That's a rather oversimplified and myopic perspective considering that we are all different heights, widths, have varying spinal curvatures, etc.
So true, Since we simply have 2 choices (comp/no comp) can you offer up a solution???? Maybe a consultation with an Orthopedist
Appreciate 0