BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-16-2016, 07:19 AM   #1
evandro13
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X6

invisihitch/PDC Issue

yesterday i installed the invisihitch on my m sport, looks great, or i should say doesn't look great cause you really can't see it, anyway at some point something happened to the pdc and its not working once i put everything back together, does it need to be reset or anything being that i disconnected it?( and yes its reconnected) or did i mess up a wire somewhere??
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 07:58 AM   #2
Terp335
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 2011 335i M Sport

PDC does not need to be coded to work once the invisihitch is installed. Assuming everything is plugged in as it was before the install, it should work fine. That said, you do need to code it so that when the active light harness is in use PDC is automatically disabled. Hopefully someone who actually did their own install can chime in with more info.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 08:04 AM   #3
TallTrees
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by evandro13 View Post
yesterday i installed the invisihitch on my m sport, looks great, or i should say doesn't look great cause you really can't see it, anyway at some point something happened to the pdc and its not working once i put everything back together, does it need to be reset or anything being that i disconnected it?( and yes its reconnected) or did i mess up a wire somewhere??
I installed my invisihitch on Sunday, not having a problem with the PDC. I didn't have to reset anything. My guess would be one of the wires into the connector is in the wrong spot. Easy enough to do. I would call Steve at Invisihitch they are very helpful, he maybe able to point you in the right spot to look.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 10:38 AM   #4
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

I would guess a wire is unplugged or damaged or a sensor was damaged as the hitch will have no impact on your PDC working - I actually forgot to plug in the harness when I put my bumper back on (it's on the passenger side up near where the harness goes through the body, it's tough to get to once the bumper is back on, but I was able to reach it an plug it back in, so check and make sure it is plugged in and is tight and the clip is engaged.

Rob
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 11:11 AM   #5
evandro13
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkillrob View Post
I would guess a wire is unplugged or damaged or a sensor was damaged as the hitch will have no impact on your PDC working - I actually forgot to plug in the harness when I put my bumper back on (it's on the passenger side up near where the harness goes through the body, it's tough to get to once the bumper is back on, but I was able to reach it an plug it back in, so check and make sure it is plugged in and is tight and the clip is engaged.

Rob
thanks, yes it is plugged in, i even went back undid it once the bumper was on and unplugged it again to make sure it was connected, or i thought i might have plugged it in backwards if that possible, but the numbers matched so I'm assuming at some point i might have damaged a wire or sensor, looks like it service center time
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 11:11 AM   #6
evandro13
Private First Class
Rep

is it possible a fuse blew?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2016, 08:17 AM   #7
ducboy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i; 2015 X5 xDrive35d

What was the resolution to this problem? The same thing happened to me over the weekend when I did the Invisihitch install. All the connections are correct inside and outside, unless it's possible to plug PDC wrong. I'm hopeful the PDC errors subside once I get it coded and reset the ECU.
Appreciate 0