Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

04-04-2016, 02:30 PM   #1
bringbacklsb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 LSB M3 (F80)

BMW Individual turned down my request for LSB leather interior, which I had on my E46 M3 so am surprised it doesn't exist as an individual option. I was told that the only blue leather offered by BMW Individual is Fjord Blue. Has anyone succeeded in ordering a different blue leather color from BMW Individual, and if not, is there a place where all BMW Individual leather options are listed?
      04-04-2016, 02:34 PM   #2
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 comp, Mexico / Opal

BMW individual seems to be way more picky over what they will and won't do...

What is the service they offer called BMW manufaktor individual where they will supposedly build you anything within realistic expectations...
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2016, 02:57 PM   #3
Damasconian
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Seems to me if a buyer is willing to pay they should offer it. They seem to be dictating taste, when we are all free to be as tasteless as we want. We wear crocs & match them to fanny packs. You telling me I cant get a chromed out gold car with purple interior?

Relent BMW. Give us our cars, no matter how poorly we order them.

(Note: I have no thoughts on the OP build. My comments are general)
      04-04-2016, 06:40 PM   #4
bringbacklsb
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinv6 View Post
BMW individual seems to be way more picky over what they will and won't do...

What is the service they offer called BMW manufaktor individual where they will supposedly build you anything within realistic expectations...
I remember reading about BMW Individual Manufaktur, and their web site is:

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/e...nufacture.html

It seems as if BMW Individual Manufaktur opens up the possibilities not offered by BMW Individual, but I am guessing many BMW sales associates do not have any familiarity with that program. I'll have to ask my dealer tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 08:07 PM   #5
cruise_bone
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Soon to be E90 or E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbacklsb View Post
BMW Individual turned down my request for LSB leather interior, which I had on my E46 M3 so am surprised it doesn't exist as an individual option. I was told that the only blue leather offered by BMW Individual is Fjord Blue. Has anyone succeeded in ordering a different blue leather color from BMW Individual, and if not, is there a place where all BMW Individual leather options are listed?
I recently tried for Syrah blue but only Fjord blue was approved. I have always wanted a Silver car over Blue leather. Sort of been my dream combo but the Fjord blue is a little too bright for me.

They are much better with paints. I just got a paint approved that I have not seen on an F80 in the US. My delivery date will be mid July.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 12:49 AM   #6
bringbacklsb
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise_bone
Quote:
I recently tried for Syrah blue but only Fjord blue was approved. I have always wanted a Silver car over Blue leather. Sort of been my dream combo but the Fjord blue is a little too bright for me.

They are much better with paints. I just got a paint approved that I have not seen on an F80 in the US. My delivery date will be mid July.
Thanks for verifying this. I might go with Fjord blue with the Silverstone two tone because it does look good in pictures I've seen. I liked the LSB leather I had on my E46 M3 which was lighter than Fjord, but they aren't leaving much of a choice for someone who wants blue leather.
      04-05-2016, 06:51 AM   #7
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:

It seems as if BMW Individual Manufaktur opens up the possibilities not offered by BMW Individual, but I am guessing many BMW sales associates do not have any familiarity with that program. I'll have to ask my dealer tomorrow.
BMW Individual Manufaktur *is* "BMW Individual".

They now have two brands. BMW Individual Collection allows you to choose from a select pallete of interiors and exteriors not offered as part of the regular production option list. BMW Individual Manufaktur allows one to customize the car in a virtually limitless fashion.

I suspect one could still get a Laguna Seca interior if they had the right relationship, were able to work with the right person, and were able to offer up the right sum of money. Recall past examples like this car:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=311588

Where the buyer actually supplied the wood interior to BMW himself. I'm not saying that if you brought BMW some Leguna Seca Blue leather you'd be good to go, necessarily. But perhaps by explaining (again to the right person) that you are willing to do the leg work to find a supplier to produce Leguna Seca Blue Merino Leather (or possibly, rather, pay BMW for their time to do so), it would be possible to get this done. Just a thought.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 07:38 AM   #8
cruise_bone
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Soon to be E90 or E92

Quote:
Thanks for verifying this. I might go with Fjord blue with the Silverstone two tone because it does look good in pictures I've seen. I liked the LSB leather I had on my E46 M3 which was lighter than Fjord, but they aren't leaving much of a choice for someone who wants blue leather.
That two toned version of the Individual Leather is going to set up back $10k +.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 05:01 PM   #9
bringbacklsb
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel
Quote:

BMW Individual Manufaktur *is* "BMW Individual".

They now have two brands. BMW Individual Collection allows you to choose from a select pallete of interiors and exteriors not offered as part of the regular production option list. BMW Individual Manufaktur allows one to customize the car in a virtually limitless fashion.

I suspect one could still get a Laguna Seca interior if they had the right relationship, were able to work with the right person, and were able to offer up the right sum of money. Recall past examples like this car:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=311588

Where the buyer actually supplied the wood interior to BMW himself. I'm not saying that if you brought BMW some Leguna Seca Blue leather you'd be good to go, necessarily. But perhaps by explaining (again to the right person) that you are willing to do the leg work to find a supplier to produce Leguna Seca Blue Merino Leather (or possibly, rather, pay BMW for their time to do so), it would be possible to get this done. Just a thought.
Thanks for the valuable input. It's not important enough for me to fork over the extra cash for them to develop the color, as I was hoping that like in 2004 I could just special order LSB interior for a reasonable up charge. I figured that since they offered it before, it would not be a challenge for them to provide the option through individual again, but I suppose the leather has changed since then and they'd need to research and develop the color with the type of material they use now.
      04-05-2016, 05:02 PM   #10
bringbacklsb
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise_bone
Quote:
That two toned version of the Individual Leather is going to set up back $10k +.
It definitely won't be setting me back 10k That's a ridiculous price.