R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

06-10-2016, 02:55 AM   #1
joroGVG
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 2015 MWMetallic

Seat/console rubbing issue with right-hand-drive M4

Hi guys, so I have been driving and loving my M4 (2015) for 8 months with a slight annoyance, which I was going to try to fix when I take the car for service the next time. So the issue is that in a right turn or on uneven road or over traffic bumps when my body leans to the left the left side lumbar support touches the centre console and it makes a squeaky noise something like rubbing an inflated balloon. So yesterday at one of the dealer ships here in South Africa there was some technical guy from BMW HO and he had a look at the issue. He said the noise may be coming from the internal parts in the lumbar support, but he was not sure. Any way the car is going back for service so they can have a look at the seat. There is no issue with the passenger seat. So the question is has anybody else experienced something like that. Regards.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 04:58 AM   #2
reprod
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3 ZCP

I'm assuming your car use right hand drive based on your description. I haven't heard this anywhere else. I wonder if those is an issue isolated to the right hand drive models of the F8x chassis.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 05:06 AM   #3
joroGVG
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 2015 MWMetallic

Mmmm, yes, it is right hand drive. Interesting point.

Just remembered that I know personally somebody who is quite a big (heavy) guy. Him and his wife both have M4s here in South Africa. Will give him a call and will report back.
Appreciate 0