BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

06-27-2016, 02:51 PM   #1
macdude357
Captain
Rep
Drives: IB E90 M3

Solid Guide Pin Bushings

For those of you that are using the solid guide pin bushings in your brake calipers, do you leave off the anti-rattle clips? I heard that if you use the solid bushings, you no longer need the anti-rattle clips. Since they are a pain to put back on after swapping pads, it would be nice if I could skip that step.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 11:32 AM   #2
lutfy
Captain
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, NASA ST5 86, Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdude357 View Post
For those of you that are using the solid guide pin bushings in your brake calipers, do you leave off the anti-rattle clips? I heard that if you use the solid bushings, you no longer need the anti-rattle clips. Since they are a pain to put back on after swapping pads, it would be nice if I could skip that step.

Thanks!
Anti rattle is also used as a safety measure.... I had the solid pins and they FROZE on the caliper thereby jamming three of the four. Unless this is a RACE car and rules do not permit big brakes, and you LUBE the darn pin every track event, do NOT do it. You will freeze them for sure.

Back to stock after getting rebuilt calipers from Turner (the guides wont even leave the old calipers).

Lutfy
Appreciate 3
///Mobbin1478.00