BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-17-2016, 08:59 PM   #1
bing240sx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C /// E90 M3 ESS-VT2

Who do you talk to at ESS ?

I have a VT2 kit on my E9X and had some issues with the car, it's been at the BMW dealer for almost 3 weeks and the only thing left is resetting the ESS software. The reason the car was in teh shop is not directly related to the SC kit but they had to replace the DME and some other things so the car has to have the ESS software redone.

The kit was bought through the BMW dealer direct from ESS 2+ years ago but it seems like everyone is on vacation at ESS right now.

I need to escalate the matter to get the car back. The BMW tech on my car keeping playing email tag with ESS for the last number of days.

I used to email Roman but i guess he isnt there anymore? his email shot back an out of office for someone else.

Any help is appreciated.
      07-17-2016, 10:44 PM   #2
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Sent PM
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 06:53 AM   #3
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

If you figure out who to talk to that gives more than 4 word replies and answers questions when paying customers ask them and understand the definition of customer service let me know. Honestly my faith in ESS has been shaken and I've only used them for a SC tune! Great products shit customer service.
Appreciate 2
      07-18-2016, 09:41 AM   #4
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Seriously - I'd consider another tuner....BPM gets awesome reviews here and on other forums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 09:43 AM   #5
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Hindsight is 20:20. Wish I knew that before I wasted $900. And I was one of the ones who supported them a few weeks back when someone was shit talking them.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 12:55 PM   #6
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

I think when (or even before) Roman left, ESS may have changed their business practices or direction. I hadn't really heard negative things about ESS until recently.

It's really swayed my thinking on buying a used kit. I'm sure the reliability of the ESS kit isn't in question here but with anything used, the peace of mind knowing that the system will be supported is high on many people's ranking.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 01:35 PM   #7
ASBSECU E93
Rep

BzsBimmer - The thing about these kits - nothing really 'special' or proprietary outside of the manifold or their canned tune. The blower can be sourced direct, the belts, pulleys, and even the intercooler can either be fabricated or reproduced. (Ask me how I know about pulleys)

A couple of long term users of these kits have added (on their own) items that vastly improve the kits usability and effective maximization of delivery of the power.

Just like a car - it's more about the maintenance intervals for the blower, hoses, and belt.

Another thing to consider - this is a technology for a platform that is now left behind with the migration to Turbo's for M cars. I am not sure this company has the technical expertise to migrate/adapt to this change and tune newer turbo cars.

Just my observation and opinion - some challenging times ahead for this company.
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 02:28 PM   #8
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

My faith in ESS has also been shaken because they no longer have any customer service. Losing Roman was a big hit to them, at least for their customers.

However, I recently tried to get a NA tune from another person who has incredibly great reviews and their service has been beyond bad. I paid four weeks ago after first calling to make sure they could meet a deadline and here we are, three weeks past the deadline and I have nothing. All I get are excuses and statements of dubious veracity.

If I was supercharging I would not consider a kit other than ESS and a tune other than theirs. I have no doubt of that.
I don't know what will happen with the company in the future, but their E92 kits were/are by far the most solid

We can sit here and say there's nothing special about their tune all day, but they're the only people with multiple stage 3 supercharged E92s that actually function out there. It's so simple to do, but no one else has?
Yeah, we get stories and ideas from other vendors but no actual cars which do not explode
Appreciate 2
      07-18-2016, 10:21 PM   #9
ASBSECU E93
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
My faith in ESS has also been shaken because they no longer have any customer service. Losing Roman was a big hit to them, at least for their customers.

However, I recently tried to get a NA tune from another person who has incredibly great reviews and their service has been beyond bad. I paid four weeks ago after first calling to make sure they could meet a deadline and here we are, three weeks past the deadline and I have nothing. All I get are excuses and statements of dubious veracity.

If I was supercharging I would not consider a kit other than ESS and a tune other than theirs. I have no doubt of that.
I don't know what will happen with the company in the future, but their E92 kits were/are by far the most solid

We can sit here and say there's nothing special about their tune all day, but they're the only people with multiple stage 3 supercharged E92s that actually function out there. It's so simple to do, but no one else has?
Yeah, we get stories and ideas from other vendors but no actual cars which do not explode
I think the 'bullet proof' nature of the kit design at a reasonable cost speaks far greater than any special science behind the tune.
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 11:58 PM   #10
Honda
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
I think the 'bullet proof' nature of the kit design at a reasonable cost speaks far greater than any special science behind the tune.
Completely Agreed. Their kits are based on Vortex V-3 Si Supercharger same goes for VF Engineering superchargers. These kits are same, what varies is the pulley used and that's why they have different tunes. If you have a good tuner, you really don't need their tune support.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 07:46 AM   #11
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
Others have also used the same 'bulletproof' hardware and cannot make a car with 800hp last enough to do a few airstrip events

Sorry but no, do not throw the baby out with the bath water. ESS is by very far the premier E9X supercharger company.

That their support now sucks does not change this
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 11:35 AM   #12
ASBSECU E93
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow
Quote:
Others have also used the same 'bulletproof' hardware and cannot make a car with 800hp last enough to do a few airstrip events

Sorry but no, do not throw the baby out with the bath water. ESS is by very far the premier E9X supercharger company.

Affordable and premier are not mutually exclusive. In my opinion - I think of Harrop as the Premier kit.

ESS is dependable and affordable.
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 11:54 AM   #13
Properstyle
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 ZCP m3

Quote:

hmmm pretty sure we all watched one of the active cars run down a ess car. Don't get me wrong i love my ess kit but lets not act like they are the only ones doing it or as well. I don't run a ess tune and never have.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 12:54 PM   #14
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
hmmm pretty sure we all watched one of the active cars run down a ess car. Don't get me wrong i love my ess kit but lets not act like they are the only ones doing it or as well. I don't run a ess tune and never have.
I believe we also all watched AA blow one of their engines as well
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 01:20 PM   #15
Properstyle
Major
Rep

Quote:
I believe we also all watched AA blow one of their engines as well
if you think no ess car has been blown you might want to rethink that. everyone single one of the companies have blown motors.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 01:29 PM   #16
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
if you think no ess car has been blown you might want to rethink that. everyone single one of the companies have blown motors.
No ESS development car blew up. Besides, they did development on their own cars instead of using guinea pigs
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 03:52 PM   #17
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Not sure the aforementioned AA car and the ESS car are comparable. AA is lightened with Apex 18's on R888s, catless, built fuel system, lots of boost, upgraded intercooler, customized tuning, race gas, etc. The other car (mine) is full weight on cats, 19" ZCPs, much less boost with a water/ice tank but I didn't put ice in for the race and daily driving gas (91 plus 2 gal e85). And it was really close at the finish line. Props to the AA car it's as built as you can get for a stock motor car and very fast but again, not really an apples to apples comparison. There was another AA car at the same event (just the standard stuff from AA no upgrades) but he wasn't allowed to race me.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 2
      07-19-2016, 11:01 PM   #18
Properstyle
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Not sure the aforementioned AA car and the ESS car are comparable. AA is lightened with Apex 18's on R888s, catless, built fuel system, lots of boost, upgraded intercooler, customized tuning, race gas, etc. The other car (mine) is full weight on cats, 19" ZCPs, much less boost with a water/ice tank but I didn't put ice in for the race and daily driving gas (91 plus 2 gal e85). And it was really close at the finish line. Props to the AA car it's as built as you can get for a stock motor car and very fast but again, not really an apples to apples comparison. There was another AA car at the same event (just the standard stuff from AA no upgrades) but he wasn't allowed to race me.
Did you really just give a list of reason to have lost?

More boost lol you do realize they run a smaller blower right? Of course it's runs more boost.

Upgraded innercooler? You have a water to air cooler which in a drag race is the superior of the two

You also have a 5gallon system not the standard 1 gallon like a stock kit.

You also are not running the basic tune just set out with a ess kit you have had your setup for your car through ess.

You your self have posted a m3 ess kitted car with the same setup as you with out the innercooler ipgrade you have loosing so let's not act like your car is the basic run of the mill car. Having more fuel doesnt net you power when you have reached the limit of the block for detonation.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 12:10 AM   #19
Kong Sheng Han
Banned
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Something something racecar

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2001 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

More boost lol you do realize they run a smaller blower right? Of course it's runs more boost.

Upgraded innercooler? You have a water to air cooler which in a drag race is the superior of the two

You also are not running the basic tune just set out with a ess kit you have had your setup for your car through ess.

You your self have posted a m3 ess kitted car with the same setup as you with out the innercooler ipgrade you have loosing so let's not act like your car is the basic run of the mill car. Having more fuel doesnt net you power when you have reached the limit of the block for detonation.
Sure, let's disregard the fact that the AA car has less weight, less rotational mass, and stickier tires.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 06:20 AM   #20
Properstyle
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong Sheng Han View Post
Sure, let's disregard the fact that the AA car has less weight, less rotational mass, and stickier tires.

LOL you all are hilarious, I run r888s and ive ran falken 453s and the only place I didn't have full traction was using launch control. reality is, when you get up there in power rotation mass while moving becomes less of a draw back, we aren't talking about almost track cars on the road course. But to act like long boarders cars is bone stock with a stock bare bones ess kit would be a false. especially when you look at the fact he also makes more than 90 percent of ess650 cars.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 08:24 AM   #21
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle
Quote:

I listed jimmy's upgrades from the actual aa kit. There is very little still in tact that came with the kit - except the rotrex. When I said lightened I meant the interior / seats changed, etc not just wheels. So perhaps I didn't explain myself clearly about what is done to this car. I assumed people on this forum knew so that's my badd. Look jimmys car is fast - faster than mine in the half for sure as expected with his mods and boost level (which again is not the stock level 3 aa boost). It's built really well from Auto Talent - a fantastic shop here in SoCal. I never thought I could win so I was happy to keep most of the race close.

Yes I have the water tank with an ESS tune that has an 8600 rpm limit. Those are my two mods from the standard kit.

So anyway back to the originally comment these two cars aren't really comparable unless I went on a modding spree with mine.

The important thing is that we were both smoking most cars out there except the P1 lol the modded f12 lol again and the e85 and upgraded turbo gtrs. The tuned m4 stood no chance. The hellcat got whooped even though
He jumped by 2 cars, and even from a dig the AWD cars were specs in the mirror.

a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 08:51 AM   #22
Properstyle
Major
Rep

Quote:
I listed jimmy's upgrades from the actual aa kit. There is very little still in tact that came with the kit - except the rotrex. When I said lightened I meant the interior / seats changed, etc not just wheels. So perhaps I didn't explain myself clearly about what is done to this car. I assumed people on this forum knew so that's my badd. Look jimmys car is fast - faster than mine in the half for sure as expected with his mods and boost level (which again is not the stock level 3 aa boost). It's built really well from Auto Talent - a fantastic shop here in SoCal. I never thought I could win so I was happy to keep most of the race close.

Yes I have the water tank with an ESS tune that has an 8600 rpm limit. Those are my two mods from the standard kit.

So anyway back to the originally comment these two cars aren't really comparable unless I went on a modding spree with mine.

The important thing is that we were both smoking most cars out there except the P1 lol the modded f12 lol again and the e85 and upgraded turbo gtrs. The tuned m4 stood no chance. The hellcat got whooped even though
He jumped by 2 cars, and even from a dig the AWD cars were specs in the mirror.

Because of the way you wrote "lightened with apex wheels" it sounds like you meant the wheels not parts of the car. all of that aside my only point was ess isn't end all be all especially when the vf kit is the same damn thing. Tune being the different but 9 other people offer tunes so there goes that piece. ESS support has gone to complete and udder crap.
Appreciate 0