BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

10-23-2016, 05:58 PM   #1
M3Dimi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 4.6L M3 6MT

Love it... people are ASSHOLES!

So I get to work and I just noticed the entire right passenger side has a long ass scratch that may be a key or side swipe I'm thinking because it looks like it on the rear fender.... some jack ass probably got me sometime during the week I didn't really go anywhere this weekend with the M... so yea that's how my day is going...

FUCK.

2008 E92 M3 6MT
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2016, 08:40 PM   #2
STooK
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

I feel you, I just found a small ding on my door probably from my parking lot at home since it's parked there most of the time.

People get jealous when they see something nice. It's almost impossible to have something nice living in NYC.
Appreciate 1
M3Dimi178.50
      10-24-2016, 08:36 AM   #3
byroncheung
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 m3, 997.2 c2s, x166 GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by STooK View Post
I feel you, I just found a small ding on my door probably from my parking lot at home since it's parked there most of the time.

People get jealous when they see something nice. It's almost impossible to have something nice living in NYC.
Man I just found a ding on my door as well this weekend. And last weekend found a scratch / paint crack on the corner on the rear bumper. So depressed...

These days I don't even park much on streets in NYC much, but still got all these. It's horrible how ppl drive. The other day when I was in Westchester Mall saw a lady bump into a parked car rear bumper when she try to park. The spot aren't even tight... For some ppl, parking sensors should be mandatory...
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 11:34 AM   #4
Last NA
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 Mineral White E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Dimi View Post
So I get to work and I just noticed the entire right passenger side has a long ass scratch that may be a key or side swipe I'm thinking because it looks like it on the rear fender.... some jack ass probably got me sometime during the week I didn't really go anywhere this weekend with the M... so yea that's how my day is going...

FUCK.
This just pissed me off.

Current: 2011 Mineral White M3 ZCP, 2009.5 Alpine White X5 M Sport, 2014 Diamond White Honda Odyssey Touring Elite (Family Fun), 2004 Honda Accord V6 (My Daily)
Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Carbon Black M3, 2007 Alpine White 335i, 2009 BMW 550i, 2003.5 Carbon Black M3, 2002 BMW 330i
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 02:12 PM   #5
M3Dimi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by byroncheung View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by STooK View Post

Man I just found a ding on my door as well this weekend. And last weekend found a scratch / paint crack on the corner on the rear bumper. So depressed...

These days I don't even park much on streets in NYC much, but still got all these. It's horrible how ppl drive. The other day when I was in Westchester Mall saw a lady bump into a parked car rear bumper when she try to park. The spot aren't even tight... For some ppl, parking sensors should be mandatory...
Seriously. Better yet some people shouldn't been handed out licenses...

2008 E92 M3 6MT
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2016, 01:13 PM   #6
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Oh man that would piss me off! Will take a number of days and nights frustration to eventually fade away once you had it properly fixed.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 02:06 PM   #7
nycplumber
Major
Rep
Drives: slow

I live in NYC ( Staten island) where it doesn't get any more suburan and I still get dings and scratches. I said I wouldn't get mad but I do every time. It's just upsetting when your cars scratches,scrapes and dents are all done by other people ( who I never even met) and not yourself.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 02:24 PM   #8
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycplumber View Post
I live in NYC ( Staten island) where it doesn't get any more suburan and I still get dings and scratches. I said I wouldn't get mad but I do every time. It's just upsetting when your cars scratches,scrapes and dents are all done by other people ( who I never even met) and not yourself.
It's because you SI people live in your own bubble.

All jokes aside there are too many people driving hoopties that don't give a rats ass about other peoples properties. That is why I refuse to ever street park in the streets of NYC.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 02:31 PM   #9
M3Dimi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycplumber View Post
Exactly... it's not like we caused it... that's the shitty thing.

2008 E92 M3 6MT
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 02:45 PM   #10
GVIFlyer
Large Member
Rep
Drives: '19 Porsche C2S Cab_M3 DCT ZCP

The world is full of haters. This is my most recent encounter:

I was driving my BMW M3 to Trader Joe's, along with my wife, to pick up some bananas and water. I drove from my quarters to the the store in a non-agressive manner advantaging myself of the the car's acceleration to accomplish signaled lane changes. I cut no-one off nor did any of the things that generally cause people to not wave at me with not all of their fingers.

Suddenly, there was a guy in a 10 year old Dodge Ram truck following me danger close. I parked at T.J.'s and he parked in an aggressive manner in a semi-blocking mode and came barreling out of his truck. I had slipped my Ruger LC-9 out of my wasteland and into my hand as you never know what crazy's may be up to. He approached my car, yelling, "How does it feel to be a d1ck?" I responded "FU" and saw that he was unarmed so I handed my pistol to my wife for her protection in case I came in second. He was now leaning into my car so I pushed my door open into him to put him off balance while I stood from my car.

I squared with him and once again announced "FU". He went off on some diatribe about how I liked showing off my in expensive BMW and other class envy stuff. No matter what he said my response was "FU" interspersed with "Get in your truck and drive away". I hate this kind of macho adolescent posturing while someone tries to build the courage to actually fight and was trying to say whatever necessary to accelerate the situation. As the parking lot is televised, it was essential that he make an aggressive move towards me. Though he was years younger than me and probably worked in the trades, I have taken the martial arts on and off since I was a teenager, boxed and wrestled in college, spent 25 years in the combat arms and currently go to my local TITLE Boxing Club for conditioning, besides, I know ways to end a fight very quickly. Granted, when I'm mad, I probably don't make the best decisions. Finally, in an effort to encourage him into action or end the encounter, I said the most insulting thing I could think of followed by, "Why don't you just suck my d1ck?" At that, he backed down and climbed into his truck to leave, but then circled around to take a picture of my license plate, announcing, "I've got all I need now." Pathetic attempt to save his self-esteem.

I'm not seeking your expiation as I already know that I handled this poorly, but in my defense, it angers me and I respond poorly when someone calls me a "d1ck".

A better response might have been to simply collect my wife and walk away.

...or to respond to his initial remark of, "How does it fell to be a d!ck", with "I don't know, you tell me." Followed by, "Let's talk about what your problem actually is - you're concerned that your penis is too small; compared to the cute blonde in my car, your wife is a skank, and you can't afford an $80,000 car, nor a $750,000 house, so you are trying to express your impotent rage to someone who can; sorry about your penis."
Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4987.00
      10-25-2016, 02:50 PM   #11
M3Dimi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVFlyer View Post

I was driving my BMW M3 to Trader Joe's, along with my wife, to pick up some bananas and water. I drove from my quarters to the the store in a non-agressive manner advantaging myself of the the car's acceleration to accomplish signaled lane changes. I cut no-one off nor did any of the things that generally cause people to not wave at me with not all of their fingers.

Suddenly, there was a guy in a 10 year old Dodge Ram truck following me danger close. I parked at T.J.'s and he parked in an aggressive manner in a semi-blocking mode and came barreling out of his truck. I had slipped my Ruger LC-9 out of my wasteland and into my hand as you never know what crazy's may be up to. He approached my car, yelling, "How does it feel to be a d1ck?" I responded "FU" and saw that he was unarmed so I handed my pistol to my wife for her protection in case I came in second. He was now leaning into my car so I pushed my door open into him to put him off balance while I stood from my car.

I squared with him and once again announced "FU". He went off on some diatribe about how I liked showing off my in expensive BMW and other class envy stuff. No matter what he said my response was "FU" interspersed with "Get in your truck and drive away". I hate this kind of macho adolescent posturing while someone tries to build the courage to actually fight and was trying to say whatever necessary to accelerate the situation. As the parking lot is televised, it was essential that he make an aggressive move towards me. Though he was years younger than me and probably worked in the trades, I have taken the martial arts on and off since I was a teenager, boxed and wrestled in college, spent 25 years in the combat arms and currently go to my local TITLE Boxing Club for conditioning, besides, I know ways to end a fight very quickly. Granted, when I'm mad, I probably don't make the best decisions. Finally, in an effort to encourage him into action, I said the most insulting thing I could think of followed by, "Why don't you just suck my d1ck?" At that, he backed down and climbed into his truck to leave, but then circled around to take a picture of my license plate, announcing, "I've got all I need now." Pathetic attempt to save his self-esteem.

I'm not seeking your expiation as I already know that I handled this poorly, but in my defense, it angers me and I respond poorly when someone calls me a "d1ck".

...or to respond to his initial remark of, "How does it fell to be a d!ck", with "I don't know, you tell me." Followed by, "Let's talk about what your problem actually is - you're concerned that your penis is too small; compared to the cute blonde in my car, your wife is a skank, and you can't afford an $80,000 car, nor a $750,000 house, so you are trying to express your impotent rage to someone who can; sorry about your penis."
Lmao yea I haven't had that happen lol worst I've encountered were just idiots in trucks trying to ride my ass on the freeway which I easily get out of by putting my foot down and leaving their ass in the dust lol. That's pretty crazy tho lol!

2008 E92 M3 6MT
Appreciate 1
GVIFlyer294.50
      10-25-2016, 03:18 PM   #12
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:

I squared with him and once again announced "FU". He went off on some diatribe about how I liked showing off my in expensive BMW and other class envy stuff. No matter what he said my response was "FU" interspersed with "Get in your truck and drive away". I hate this kind of macho adolescent posturing while someone tries to build the courage to actually fight and was trying to say whatever necessary to accelerate the situation. As the parking lot is televised, it was essential that he make an aggressive move towards me. Though he was years younger than me and probably worked in the trades, I have taken the martial arts on and off since I was a teenager, boxed and wrestled in college, spent 25 years in the combat arms and currently go to my local TITLE Boxing Club for conditioning, besides, I know ways to end a fight very quickly. Granted, when I'm mad, I probably don't make the best decisions. Finally, in an effort to encourage him into action or end the encounter, I said the most insulting thing I could think of followed by, "Why don't you just suck my d1ck?" At that, he backed down and climbed into his truck to leave, but then circled around to take a picture of my license plate, announcing, "I've got all I need now." Pathetic attempt to save his self-esteem.

classic road rage. You handled it well, especially if you're a hot head yourself.

Obviously, hindsight is 20-20, but the best solution would be to just say sorry, and walk away. Yes, you said "sorry", but it means nothing to deescalate the situation and your wife isn't going to say you're the lesser man. Remember, you have a responsibility to take care of your household now.

Also, I know you have a legal carry permit, but it's always best to not brandish the gun in any threatening manner, which I agree you did. But sometimes, it can be misconstrued and further escalate the situation. Worst case, the guy took a picture of your plate and can make a "false" police report stating you threatened him. So this situation cuts both ways. Maybe the best way is to just say "back off, I have a gun and am will use it in self defense.".
      10-25-2016, 03:49 PM   #13
GVIFlyer
Large Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
classic road rage. You handled it well, especially if you're a hot head yourself.

Obviously, hindsight is 20-20, but the best solution would be to just say sorry, and walk away. Yes, you said "sorry", but it means nothing to deescalate the situation and your wife isn't going to say you're the lesser man. Remember, you have a responsibility to take care of your household now.

Also, I know you have a legal carry permit, but it's always best to not brandish the gun in any threatening manner, which I agree you did. But sometimes, it can be misconstrued and further escalate the situation. Worst case, the guy took a picture of your plate and can make a "false" police report stating you threatened him. So this situation cuts both ways. Maybe the best way is to just say "back off, I have a gun and am will use it in self defense.".
Copy that. Thanks for your comments. Just to clarify, impotent rage guy never saw my weapon.

I did, however, have the knife in this picture in my pocket.

Appreciate 1
      10-25-2016, 03:51 PM   #14
loveskiing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E90

I am saddened that too many people think of needing firearms to protect themselves against "the other". All too often that's exactly the recipe for violence that can lead to death and legal problems. I find situations like that challenging but for a different reason. I work hard to deescalate rather than escalade regardless of whatever training I may have had or professional work that would assist me physically. It's rare that I'm not successful in descalating situations so that both parties can walk away rather than needing to resort to violence or threats of violence.
The person who can contain themselves in these situations almost always comes out on top.
OP, sorry to hear about your damage, perhaps the one thing to focus on is that no one was injured, and the car can be repaired. Good luck...
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 04:13 PM   #15
GVIFlyer
Large Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveskiing View Post
I am saddened that too many people think of needing firearms to protect themselves against "the other". All too often that's exactly the recipe for violence that can lead to death and legal problems. I find situations like that challenging but for a different reason. I work hard to deescalate rather than escalade regardless of whatever training I may have had or professional work that would assist me physically. It's rare that I'm not successful in descalating situations so that both parties can walk away rather than needing to resort to violence or threats of violence.
The person who can contain themselves in these situations almost always comes out on top.
If that is an oblique criticism of my performance in the face of a raging idiot, I suggested in my post other courses that I could have followed, that obviating that the fact that I am pathologically male, would have been better choices.

I carried a weapon professionally for 26 years and it saved my life or the life of others more than once.

Looking at your experience, it seems unlikely that you have encountered the type of hot-headed crazy that proclaims, "Kill me now. Go ahead and shoot me, I don't care" while he aggressively charges you. If it is in your wheelhouse, remember the "7 meter rule"?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 04:49 PM   #16
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveskiing View Post
OP, sorry to hear about your damage, perhaps the one thing to focus on is that no one was injured, and the car can be repaired. Good luck...
I think everyone agrees with you, when you review the situation with a level head. But when you're in the heat of the situation, people don't think clearly or straight. Maybe an ex-soldier like GVFlyer has better training during his military days to think clearly in stressful situations.

Seperately, your posts tend to escalate all situations on M3post...why do you do that? What if someone had a virtual gun and virtually shoots you?
      10-25-2016, 04:50 PM   #17
BanjoPaterson
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 i8

Quote:
If that is an oblique criticism of my performance in the face of a raging idiot, I suggested in my post other courses that I could have followed, that obviating that the fact that I am pathologically male, would have been better choices.
I'm a hot head too (according to my passengers, I think I'm rather calm and collected), but happily in Oz guns are quite rare and it's only the people who REALLY would use them and not give a ***** who typically have them... and farmers... and police.

Can't really offer advice, since I think each situation is different enough there's no real template. I think, in this instance, not backing down worked since the fellow sounds like the old school bully type (i.e. all holler no cows).

I've done martial arts since 1983 (bit earlier, if you count the year I did judo in 1973 whilst at primary school), and the one thing I've learnt is that whilst it takes a lot of sweat and tears (and broken fists and foot bones, in my case), to get a first dan; it's probably the last line of defence you'd want to rely on.

Problem with road rage is it isn't scripted.... e.g. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2004-12-1...e-death/601334 I'm sure the assailant didn't mean for the man to die... when **** happens, things can go awry
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 05:58 PM   #18
binzville
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Copy that. Thanks for your comments. Just to clarify, impotent rage guy never saw my weapon.

OP, Sorry to hear about the scratches. I live in suburban socal so I usually have the choice to park far away from everyone else in parking lots.

To GVFlyer - nice Wilson Combat. Pics of other 'toys' always welcome in my book!
Appreciate 1
GVIFlyer294.50
      10-25-2016, 06:06 PM   #19
M3Dimi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by binzville View Post
Quote:

[IMG]http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/q...l.jpg~original[/IMG]
OP, Sorry to hear about the scratches. I live in suburban socal so I usually have the choice to park far away from everyone else in parking lots.

To GVFlyer - nice Wilson Combat. Pics of other 'toys' always welcome in my book!
Yup LA isn't New York obviously I've been there and seen what these guys are talking about lol but it's as close as you can get to it at least in the US. I live in LA to clarify.

2008 E92 M3 6MT
Appreciate 1
GVIFlyer294.50
      10-25-2016, 06:36 PM   #20
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
That's messed up man, I'm sorry. I have a good relationship with my paintless dent removal guy because people in LA are dicks too. If I scratched or dented my car myself I'd almost be able to deal with it but when it's done carelessly by someone else I see red!
      10-25-2016, 06:38 PM   #21
M3Dimi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
That's messed up man, I'm sorry. I have a good relationship with my paintless dent removal guy because people in LA are dicks too. If I scratched or dented my car myself I'd almost be able to deal with it but when it's done carelessly by someone else I see red!
Exactly.

2008 E92 M3 6MT
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 08:55 PM   #22
GVIFlyer
Large Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by binzville View Post

Thanks. Seriously? At the risk of getting beat up for thread drift, I've carried the 1911 more than any other pistol, so here are some of mine.

Baer 1911 Thunder Ranch “Commanche” Special

Dan Wesson Valor

Ed Brown Cobra Carry (I'm a Cobra pilot)

Colt Special Combat Government in .38 Special

Sig Sauer 1911 Nitron

Better picture of my Wilson Combat Close Quarter Combat.
Appreciate 0