BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

11-13-2016, 10:29 AM   #1
KingFishy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 COUPE

Best car cover

Getting ready to put the M away and have a question. What is the best car cover for a unheated garage? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 02:08 PM   #2
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Most people will say the Noah. Some will say the California or whatever it's called. I have a custom cover from Italy but it was rather pricey.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 02:13 PM   #3
alee0729
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3, 2018 Tesla 3 Perf

I use the Covercraft Form-Fit car cover
http://www.covercraft.com/us/en/prod...-cover.FF-CCFF

It's a very nice flannel material... perfect for indoors. Have used it for 3 years.
      11-13-2016, 02:26 PM   #4
KingFishy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 02:44 PM   #5
KingFishy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alee0729 View Post
I use the Covercraft Form-Fit car cover
http://www.covercraft.com/us/en/prod...-cover.FF-CCFF

It's a very nice flannel material... perfect for indoors. Have used it for 3 years.
Ordered!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 05:59 PM   #6
alee0729
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFishy View Post
Ordered!
You'll love it!
Attached Images

11-13-2016, 06:02 PM   #7
KingFishy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Ordered!
You'll love it!
It looks awesome. The only hangup is they just sent me a email and said three week delivery time. That's the Internet for you....availability and delivery is never mentioned until after the purchase.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 06:07 PM   #8
alee0729
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It looks awesome. The only hangup is they just sent me a email and said three week delivery time. That's the Internet for you....availability and delivery is never mentioned until after the purchase.
It'll probably come sooner than that. Just be sure to give your car one final good wash before you cover it.

And let me know if you buy another one just to use as a blanket for yourself. I couldn't believe how soft the cover was when I got mine.
      11-13-2016, 10:04 PM   #9
MachinesWithSouls
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
The BMW Noah works well for me.
Attached Images

UPSROD947.00
      11-14-2016, 02:42 PM   #10
111turbo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 e92 M3

Any recommendations for a good outdoor cover?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2016, 09:58 PM   #11
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 111turbo View Post
Any recommendations for a good outdoor cover?
A garage
Appreciate 1
      11-15-2016, 09:17 AM   #12
jdamore
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 M3

Quote:
Getting ready to put the M away and have a question. What is the best car cover for a unheated garage? Thanks in advance.
Don't you just hate this time of year!

Thats a nice cover! I have the OEM cover and it barely makes it over the splitters.
      11-15-2016, 10:12 AM   #13
Rajmun340
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP factory order

Been using custom covers for years for the E92 M3

Definitively highly recommend Covercraft covers (+ it's hand made in USA). For indoor go with the above covercraft recommendation, for outdoor i personally use the Sunbrella (custom made for the E92 M3). It is a bit pricey but man it looks awesome and made from yacht sail material that will take any weather punishment for years.

The OEM cover Noah is low quality synthetic fiber material it eventually tears up. My first one was replaced under warranty and second one is already teared up again. Stay away from it.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 01:08 PM   #14
jdamore
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeM3SSII View Post
Been using custom covers for years for the E92 M3

Definitively highly recommend Covercraft covers (+ it's hand made in USA). For indoor go with the above covercraft recommendation, for outdoor i personally use the Sunbrella (custom made for the E92 M3). It is a bit pricey but man it looks awesome and made from yacht sail material that will take any weather punishment for years.

The OEM cover Noah is low quality synthetic fiber material it eventually tears up. My first one was replaced under warranty and second one is already teared up again. Stay away from it.
I haven't had quality issues with the cover.. 1.5yr outdoor use (two winters) and 1 year indoor and it still looks/feels good. It took a serious beating with ice too (car was completely encapsulated after repeated freeze/thaws). Even after heavy rain, it would stay bone dry. So no complaints there. Maybe depends on your location?? If thats the case, there definitely should be no issue as an indoor cover.

My only gripe would be fitment.. with splitters, side skirts, performance spoiler, and larger wheels, its a little short. I would have liked it to wrap under the car more. Like I said, just makes it over the splitters. My carbon fiber skirts prevent you from using the loops to tie it on. Real heavy wind (+45mph) could get under and lift it off.

For 160$, its a good purchase.
      11-15-2016, 04:27 PM   #15
KingFishy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ordered!
You'll love it!
I sent them a email stating I was a little upset and guess what? It will be here by Friday on them! Immediate response and solution? A rare occurrence these days. Thank you Kathy of Covercraft!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 04:30 PM   #16
KingFishy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdamore View Post
Quote:
Don't you just hate this time of year!

Thats a nice cover! I have the OEM cover and it barely makes it over the splitters.
Yes, this time of year sucks. Dropping her off at Detail Magic on Friday for a full service. The cover is awesome, and you've seen what it will replace.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2016, 06:04 PM   #17
KingFishy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It'll probably come sooner than that. Just be sure to give your car one final good wash before you cover it.

And let me know if you buy another one just to use as a blanket for yourself. I couldn't believe how soft the cover was when I got mine.
It was delivered yesterday and installed tonight. It is everything you said it was and more!!! I wonder if they make one for a king size bed?!?!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2016, 08:14 PM   #18
alee0729
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It was delivered yesterday and installed tonight. It is everything you said it was and more!!! I wonder if they make one for a king size bed?!?!
Your M is going to sleep well under that warm cover for sure.

Glad you like it!
      11-18-2016, 09:01 PM   #19
Rajmun340
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP factory order

Quote:
I haven't had quality issues with the cover.. 1.5yr outdoor use (two winters) and 1 year indoor and it still looks/feels good. It took a serious beating with ice too (car was completely encapsulated after repeated freeze/thaws). Even after heavy rain, it would stay bone dry. So no complaints there. Maybe depends on your location?? If thats the case, there definitely should be no issue as an indoor cover.

My only gripe would be fitment.. with splitters, side skirts, performance spoiler, and larger wheels, its a little short. I would have liked it to wrap under the car more. Like I said, just makes it over the splitters. My carbon fiber skirts prevent you from using the loops to tie it on. Real heavy wind (+45mph) could get under and lift it off.

I have 3 years experience with two noah covers (the oem cover) and compared to a proper cover by covercraft you realize the noah is trash (it is actually sold by covercraft too but is not comparable to their other covers), i would not pay even $50 for one again. First it is not even a proper fabric material it is made from blown material that is pressed together. After a ~1.5 year of frequent use it will become as fragile as 15 layers of toilet paper, this is not a joke i mean it. If you use it frequently at that point it will tear up. I had two i know what i'm talking about. The material starts to make fizzle balls after around 1 year. And yes fitment is very bad compared to other custom E92 M3 covers. I first thought maybe mine was accidentally switched with a 335i cover, not, the second one was just as bad. It is also impossible to clean or will fizzle like crazy. It basically is a disposable item, use for ~1.5 year then toss. Compared to my sunbrella that is warranty 4 years the noah is a joke. There is no comparison in looks either. The noah looks crimpled and covered with fuzz balls after 1 year while a proper cover is what you see on exotics. There is no redeeming argument for the noah it is cheap trash. The only use i can see for it is if you winterize your car and don't intend to take the cover on and off daily and don't care how bad it looks or how badly it fits. You get what you pay for.
Appreciate 1
jdamore435.50
      11-20-2016, 12:02 AM   #20
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have 3 years experience with two noah covers (the oem cover) and compared to a proper cover by covercraft you realize the noah is trash (it is actually sold by covercraft too but is not comparable to their other covers), i would not pay even $50 for one again. First it is not even a proper fabric material it is made from blown material that is pressed together. After a ~1.5 year of frequent use it will become as fragile as 15 layers of toilet paper, this is not a joke i mean it. If you use it frequently at that point it will tear up. I had two i know what i'm talking about. The material starts to make fizzle balls after around 1 year. And yes fitment is very bad compared to other custom E92 M3 covers. I first thought maybe mine was accidentally switched with a 335i cover, not, the second one was just as bad. It is also impossible to clean or will fizzle like crazy. It basically is a disposable item, use for ~1.5 year then toss. Compared to my sunbrella that is warranty 4 years the noah is a joke. There is no comparison in looks either. The noah looks crimpled and covered with fuzz balls after 1 year while a proper cover is what you see on exotics. There is no redeeming argument for the noah it is cheap trash. The only use i can see for it is if you winterize your car and don't intend to take the cover on and off daily and don't care how bad it looks or how badly it fits. You get what you pay for.
I thought it was odd when someone said their Noah cover was likely just as good as my custom Italian cover. I had never used the Noah but it didn't seem very high quality to me. you confirmed that so thanks.
Appreciate 1
Rajmun340413.00
      11-22-2016, 08:12 PM   #21
MachinesWithSouls
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

I've had mine for 4 years without issue. Though it is getting worn, and my car is never kept outside.

Do you have a pic of yours? I'm always looking for some options.