Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Closed Thread

02-03-2017, 01:02 PM   #1
Ilikemike
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92: F82: M2C: M2 CS (Now)

Power shudder/vibration in steering wheel when accelerating

I am new to the M4 and was used to the e92/M3 acceleration experience, which I would describe as 'mostly smooth with a g;orious, building cresendo before finally shifting to the next gear' while with the M4 there is a light shudder/vibration sensation in the steering wheel when the left foot is applied. Could be just the way the power is put down but wanted to check since I'm through the break in period and experimenting a bit...
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 01:08 PM   #2
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Former ///M Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilikemike View Post
I am new to the M4 and was used to the e92/M3 acceleration experience, which I would describe as 'mostly smooth with a g;orious, building cresendo before finally shifting to the next gear' while with the M4 there is a light shudder/vibration sensation in the steering wheel when the left foot is applied. Could be just the way the power is put down but wanted to check since I'm through the break in period and experimenting a bit...
left foot?

I do know what you mean tho, my M4 also has it and has had it since day 1. I have drove 2 other m4's and an m3 to make sure it was not just me and they also have it at various speeds and rpm. The explanation I got was it was due to the CF prop shaft. You can also feel it in the transmission tunnel if you put your right knee against the pad on the right. Characteristic of the car It did bother me at first, after a month I don't even notice it anymore.

Last edited by 2kaccordocoupe; 02-03-2017 at 01:13 PM..
Appreciate 1
Ilikemike254.00
      02-03-2017, 03:19 PM   #3
Ilikemike
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92: F82: M2C: M2 CS (Now)

Thx, that's what I was hoping!
Opppps on the 'left foot,' duh.
I must remember, 'first pants then shoes' lol
Appreciate 1