BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-18-2017, 02:34 PM   #1
bvrider1
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 m3 + f80 zcp

Vivid Racing - 3 months or worse customer service ever, still can't get it right

I gave ample time for one of the sponsors on this site to make things right on their end and today I still received the wrong product. Emails are getting ignored, no call backs and a lot of wishful thinking on my part. I don't care what breakdown of communication they are dealing with at Vivid but I wanted to share my customer experience. I would never buy any products from Vivid Racing. Neither should you.

I thought about sending another email but it will most likely get pushed to the side so what other option do I have? Actually I am going to send them one more email and it is a link to this post.

Sorry for the long post but documentation is key so here we go!!

It all starts Dec 26 2016

So this is what I got today. I am pretty upset

A shot to show scale

So yeah, that's my experience. I am anxious to see if Vivid Racing will stand behind their quality statement of:

"To exceed our customers expectations through continuous improvement and customer satisfaction"

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2017, 02:36 PM   #2
bvrider1
Captain
Rep

sorry, I noticed I can't spell. Should say:

Vivid Racing - 3 months of the worse customer service ever, still can't get it right
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2017, 02:58 PM   #3
vividracing
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 335i, F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvrider1 View Post

Vivid Racing - 3 months of the worse customer service ever, still can't get it right
Hi there. First of all, let me apologize for the lack of communication and service from our team. My name is Ralph, and I manage this forum. With our retail sales team (me), and our online sales teams being a different department, this is the first time that I'm hearing of your issue. I strive to bring excellent customer service to everyone that I deal with, and I'm sorry that you are clearly not satisfied with the customer service that you've received. Please email me directly at ralph@vividracing.com with the specifics of the issue, and I assure you that it will be taken care of Monday morning first thing, when I'm back in the office.
PM, Email, or Call Directly for aggressive BMW Member Pricing
Appreciate 1
Manda Mew258.00
      03-18-2017, 03:02 PM   #4
bvrider1
Captain
Rep

Thanks for the quick response. I will email you right now.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 10:49 AM   #5
opihi5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 m3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vividracing View Post
Hi there. First of all, let me apologize for the lack of communication and service from our team. My name is Ralph, and I manage this forum. With our retail sales team (me), and our online sales teams being a different department, this is the first time that I'm hearing of your issue. I strive to bring excellent customer service to everyone that I deal with, and I'm sorry that you are clearly not satisfied with the customer service that you've received. Please email me directly at ralph@vividracing.com with the specifics of the issue, and I assure you that it will be taken care of Monday morning first thing, when I'm back in the office.

When I bought my splitter from you guys Ralph gave me the best customer service I have experienced in a while.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 11:19 AM   #6
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

Quote:

You're getting warmer.
Appreciate 4
FMLYSDN1183.00
ToddinTN504.00
abren246.50
IB M2790.00
      03-20-2017, 11:33 AM   #7
vividracing
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opihi5 View Post
When I bought my splitter from you guys Ralph gave me the best customer service I have experienced in a while.
Thank you! I appreciate that!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 11:44 AM   #8
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

I bought my meisterchaft exhaust from vividracing and it was one of the easiest and smoothest online purchase I've had. They shipped the exhaust to my local shop on the date they said they would, which allowed me to make an appointment for install in advanced. All in all I had the exhaust installed on the day it arrived.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 11:49 AM   #9
vividracing
United_States
Rep

Here is an update for you. You will be receiving a return label today for the incorrect caps, so look out for that shortly. It looks like the second set of caps that you just received were already free, due to the first mistake, so there was nothing i could do there. However, what i was able to do for you, was add a $150 store credit for you to use however you like, for the inconvenience. I understand that you are unhappy with the service thus far, but if you choose to give us another shot in the future to use your credit, please email me directly and i will make sure you are taken care of, as i do with all my customers.
Appreciate 5
opihi5214.50
Manda Mew258.00
ToddinTN504.00
      03-20-2017, 01:41 PM   #10
jmk24
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividracing View Post
Here is an update for you. You will be receiving a return label today for the incorrect caps, so look out for that shortly. It looks like the second set of caps that you just received were already free, due to the first mistake, so there was nothing i could do there. However, what i was able to do for you, was add a $150 store credit for you to use however you like, for the inconvenience. I understand that you are unhappy with the service thus far, but if you choose to give us another shot in the future to use your credit, please email me directly and i will make sure you are taken care of, as i do with all my customers.
Way to go Vivid. That's good service despite a mistake being made!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 03:00 PM   #11
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT M3

I've done 5 orders in the past year including one return, as easy as amazon each time..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 04:02 PM   #12
vividracing
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda Marza View Post
I've done 5 orders in the past year including one return, as easy as amazon each time..
Public service announcement: Contacting me directly will typically save you money lol.
Appreciate 3
      03-20-2017, 06:59 PM   #13
bvrider1
Captain
Rep

Just wanted to share some more feedback. Ralph from Vivid has been keeping me well informed and I think this is how it should have been from the get go. I told him in my personal email that I hated to post on a public forum but he is doing everything he can to make this right for me.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 07:18 PM   #14
vividracing
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just wanted to share some more feedback. Ralph from Vivid has been keeping me well informed and I think this is how it should have been from the get go. I told him in my personal email that I hated to post on a public forum but he is doing everything he can to make this right for me.
Thank you for the update Souriyanh. You should have received the return label today to get those caps sent back. As soon as you ship them back, let me know so i can send the new caps to you.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 08:28 PM   #15
pooyab
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 2020 BMW M5C

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
This isn't the only time they've had bad service. I think they have a whole thread on the F8X side about poor performance. Even I have experienced it.
I messaged Vivid about a set of Bronze ZE40 in December, they told me they have a set coming in at the end of January. So I put a 50% deposit to reserve it as mine, but I decided not to go the ZE route a few days later. I message them to cancel, however James says it's too late to cancel. Which makes no sense since they haven't even received the wheels themselves. He eventually says that if I choose to cancel it has a 25% restocking fee
I ended up paying the remain invoice since they already had half my money and I didn't want to lose 25% for wheels I never even received, but now I have a set of ZE40 that are taking forever to resell and haven't been used.
The service was ok when I was inquiring about the wheel, but as soon as they get money it is terrible. Customer service is not in mind, only profits. Even a 5 year old could understand that I should have been able to return the wheels since they were going to Vivid and were still a month away from their warehouse. If it was a custom order or if I already had them in my possession I could understand but this was just ridiculous. Only been telling people not to do business with them since then.
Interlagos Blue/Speed Cloth | BayOptiks DTM Headlights | Alpine Stage 2 | KW Clubsport | Resonated X-Pipe | Eisenmann Race | StopTech BBK | TE37SL | YFCM CF Driveshaft | Hotchkis F/R Sways | F/R Endlinks | Turner Control Arms and Front Tension Bushings | Powerflex Diff Bushings | Turner Solid Subframe Bushings | MS Underdrive Pulley and Intake | Alpine DCT Tune | Karbonius Intake | Carbon Roof (TBD)
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 11:24 AM   #16
vividracing
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooyab View Post
This isn't the only time they've had bad service. I think they have a whole thread on the F8X side about poor performance. Even I have experienced it.
I messaged Vivid about a set of Bronze ZE40 in December, they told me they have a set coming in at the end of January. So I put a 50% deposit to reserve it as mine, but I decided not to go the ZE route a few days later. I message them to cancel, however James says it's too late to cancel. Which makes no sense since they haven't even received the wheels themselves. He eventually says that if I choose to cancel it has a 25% restocking fee
I ended up paying the remain invoice since they already had half my money and I didn't want to lose 25% for wheels I never even received, but now I have a set of ZE40 that are taking forever to resell and haven't been used.
The service was ok when I was inquiring about the wheel, but as soon as they get money it is terrible. Customer service is not in mind, only profits. Even a 5 year old could understand that I should have been able to return the wheels since they were going to Vivid and were still a month away from their warehouse. If it was a custom order or if I already had them in my possession I could understand but this was just ridiculous. Only been telling people not to do business with them since then.
Greetings Pooya,

As you've decided to post this publicly, I now feel the need to reply. I have all of our correspondence from day one. You were made aware that once the wheels were secured by us from Mackin, the order could not be cancelled. We exchanged numerous emails with you negotiating pricing, and when the dust settled, the margins made were actually quite minimal. The invoice was provided to you and your girlfriend, and it was clearly noted special order with no cancellations. After making attempts to renegotiate the purchase price after we had already agreed and taken payment, you then requested to cancel the order. I advised that wasn't an option. You then called Mackin, and made the claim that they told you that you could cancel. Mackin actually informed you that you would need to discuss with us, that there would be restocking fees, etc. Then, magically, the next day your girlfriend attempted to file a PayPal dispute claiming she had no knowledge of the order. This was then discussed between you, her, myself, and PayPal. We provided enough evidence that you and her were attempting to commit fraud, and PayPal sided with us on the dispute. We then delivered the wheels to you within the time frame we said we would. If you somehow believe we still wronged you in any way, please feel free to contact me via phone or email to discuss.

-James
james@vividracing.com
480.966.3040 ext 249
Appreciate 4
ash4390587.50
Doc Oc1423.00
Manda Mew258.00
6ixSpd6033.00
      03-21-2017, 11:52 AM   #17
pooyab
Major
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
You caused us enough stress during that time frame, I have no intention to "call and discuss". Idk how you think our conversations from the start date would help you, obviously it would just show I'm correct because I've sent them to other people before and they reach the same conclusion. I've already moved passed the idiocy and shadiness of Vivid, and posted the the wheels for sale.
I never blamed you personally because I just assumed you were doing your job to benefit the company. So it's fine, I'll just continue making sure nobody else falls into the same trap and hope the wheels sell. vividracing
Interlagos Blue/Speed Cloth | BayOptiks DTM Headlights | Alpine Stage 2 | KW Clubsport | Resonated X-Pipe | Eisenmann Race | StopTech BBK | TE37SL | YFCM CF Driveshaft | Hotchkis F/R Sways | F/R Endlinks | Turner Control Arms and Front Tension Bushings | Powerflex Diff Bushings | Turner Solid Subframe Bushings | MS Underdrive Pulley and Intake | Alpine DCT Tune | Karbonius Intake | Carbon Roof (TBD)
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 01:15 PM   #18
abren
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
You caused us enough stress during that time frame, I have no intention to "call and discuss". Idk how you think our conversations from the start date would help you, obviously it would just show I'm correct because I've sent them to other people before and they reach the same conclusion. I've already moved passed the idiocy and shadiness of Vivid, and posted the the wheels for sale.
I never blamed you personally because I just assumed you were doing your job to benefit the company. So it's fine, I'll just continue making sure nobody else falls into the same trap and hope the wheels sell. vividracing
So basically you ignored the disclaimer that stated 'no cancellations' and blame Vivid when you change your mind a few days later?
Appreciate 4
Doc Oc1423.00
Manda Mew258.00
6ixSpd6033.00
      03-21-2017, 01:25 PM   #19
pooyab
Major
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by abren View Post
Quote:
So basically you ignored the disclaimer that stated 'no cancellations' and blame Vivid when you change your mind a few days later?
I saw that, he actually sent the invoice stating that after I have paid the deposit, but that's my own stupidity. The disclaimer says for custom orders. The issue is it wasn't custom. This was a set Vivid was receiving before I even enquired about any purchase. Like I said if it was ordered on my behalf or a custom built wheel I can understand not canceling. But it wasn't so they could've canceled and left it at their warehouse instead of reshipping it to me.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 07:19 PM   #20
ufgtrs2007
dentite
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4, M2C, JLU392, e92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
I just ordered an Akrapovic exhaust and BBS FI wheels through vivid racing and the customer service was fantastic. I just received my wheels a week after order and my exhaust is arriving this weekend. They were quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had regarding my order.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 07:42 PM   #21
vividracing
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgtrs2007 View Post
I just ordered an Akrapovic exhaust and BBS FI wheels through vivid racing and the customer service was fantastic. I just received my wheels a week after order and my exhaust is arriving this weekend. They were quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had regarding my order.
Thank you Haysam! I appreciate it
PM, Email, or Call Directly for aggressive BMW Member Pricing
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 08:52 PM   #22
bvrider1
Captain
Rep

Hey Ralph!!! Got the correct caps today. Thank you for making it right for me.
Appreciate 0