BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

04-03-2017, 10:56 AM   #1
monterey
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

New plugs added 30 extra miles!

For those that haven't changed their spark plugs recently. I just did mine and noticed a 30 mile bonus in my range. That will pay for the new plugs in no time at all. Although, the last guy left me with two broken coils, it wasn't that difficult of a job. Also noticed a much more nicer throttle response afterwards as well.
      04-03-2017, 02:06 PM   #2
New2Roundel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Some fun stuff

Garage List
I did my plugs 3 weeks ago and didn't notice much of a difference--either to MPG or throttle response. How long did you go between plug changes? 1 week after I replaced the plugs and several days after changing the oil, I went on a 400 mile trip with the car. The mileage is still garbage. Car drives fine, mind you. What uses a half tank of gas in my SOs previous gen Hyundai Tucson uses almost an entire tank in the BMW and I'm not going any faster in the BMW.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 02:38 PM   #3
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Roundel View Post
I did my plugs 3 weeks ago and didn't notice much of a difference--either to MPG or throttle response. How long did you go between plug changes? 1 week after I replaced the plugs and several days after changing the oil, I went on a 400 mile trip with the car. The mileage is still garbage. Car drives fine, mind you. What uses a half tank of gas in my SOs previous gen Hyundai Tucson uses almost an entire tank in the BMW and I'm not going any faster in the BMW.
This
I changed my plugs a month ago and didn't notice any increase in MPG. Car did feel smoother though and a tad bit more responsive.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 02:44 PM   #4
monterey
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Roundel View Post
I think my old plugs had 30k miles on them.
      04-04-2017, 11:31 AM   #5
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey View Post
I think my old plugs had 30k miles on them.
Had mine changed earlier but believe BMW stat 37k miles interval.
Appreciate 0