BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

10-24-2017, 03:59 PM   #1
Boostedgreg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12 E92 M3

Let's Talk About Gintani....

Let’s talk about Gintani.

Before I get started I want to make it clear that until recently I had NO experience with Gintani. This write up is simply a review of their product and customer service from an unbiased standpoint. Let’s get started…. I bought my new (to me) 12’ E92 M3 back in March and immediately started looking at tunes as I planned on going FBO. Long story short I spoke with a few people, did a stupid amount of research and spoke with Gintani ultimately leading me to my decision to order the Gintani tune with burble (currently catless, intake and pulley).

Ordering the tune:
Now that we have the background let’s talk about customer service. Once I narrowed down my decision down to Gintani I called them numerous times to ask questions about them, the tune and any potential risks. Throughout this entire process, Alex & Nick were extremely informative and spent more time than was probably needed on the phone with me talking through the tune and even what a supercharger would look like (future). After speaking with them I made the decision to order then tune during the group buy, woohoo! They gave me a time frame for when I would receive the tune and to my surprise, it arrived earlier than expected. Needless to say at this point customer service is a 5/5.

Install:
Next up was installing the tune, I had never installed a tune before this so I was unsure as to what I was doing or what was going to happen during the process. Nick provided me with a step by step walkthrough and told me to if I had any questions he would be more than happy to answer. Although this process is pretty straightforward I still decided to call Gintani (after normal business hours) and ask a few questions because some of the processes were still new to me. Sure enough, Alex answers and walks me through everything until the tune was successfully installed. 5/5

First Drive:
Entered the on-ramp of the highway and mashed the gas….HOLY SHIT! The car is noticeably faster! Seriously, this car is without a doubt faster now, I understand that the butt dyno can be inaccurate but I drive this car every day so I believe I have a good grasp on how fast it accelerates. Power delivery is much smoother and the car feels more responsive. Next thing was to rev the car up and try out the burble.... what a sound! I can't get over how much I love the tune and the burble noise. The tune has been on for a week now and I am loving every second of it! 5/5

Conclusion:
Overall my experience with Gintani has been incredible and warrants nothing but a 5/5 rating! The group of guys over there are a pleasure to work with and most importantly they know their shit. I can't wait to work with them again when it comes time to supercharge my M3 in the next few months.

-Greg

Last edited by Boostedgreg; 10-24-2017 at 04:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 04:27 PM   #2
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

I have the Gintani X-Pipe and get nothing but raves from others. It's good to know that their customer service is dead on. Good write up.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 04:34 PM   #3
yidgyi
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Good customer service. Hopped on the group buy last minute and ordered a stage 2 burble tune to compare to my BPM tune. A few days after the group buy ended I contacted them about possibly also getting a DCT tune since I hear Gintani's DCT tune is a lot more aggressive. Got an e-mail back saying they would honor their special group price beyond the end date and extend it to the DCT tune. That and free stickers / license plate frame. Solid customer service. Now I just have to wait to receive the cable.
      10-24-2017, 06:51 PM   #4
jamba
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: M3 E90 Jetblack

Garage List
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yidgyi View Post
Good customer service. Hopped on the group buy last minute and ordered a stage 2 burble tune to compare to my BPM tune. A few days after the group buy ended I contacted them about possibly also getting a DCT tune since I hear Gintani's DCT tune is a lot more aggressive. Got an e-mail back saying they would honor their special group price beyond the end date and extend it to the DCT tune. That and free stickers / license plate frame. Solid customer service. Now I just have to wait to receive the cable.

WHAT? I was in the GB and did not get license plate frames and stickers

I would rock that LP frame though.

+1 for nothing but positive experiences with Gintani
Appreciate 0