BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

04-09-2018, 09:46 PM   #1
E90lifestyle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 12 e92 me

Help please, car has lost of power ?

Hey what's up fellow s65 enthusiasts, this is my first post, bought a 2012 e92 m3 6MT a little over 10 months ago, car just crossed 100k n I've put over 10k miles on in the course of this 10months *, this is my first real issue and I'm lost, any help will be gladly appreciated !!! The car just seems to have lost its power it's sluggish and the rpms lag, say for example I can go thru the gears but when it Revs up around 3-4K it would pause for a brief second as sort of a lag, and when I step down the rpm revs out making excessive engine noise without the car going anywhere it lags and does this thru all gears, I got a check engine light, ran the code it came back as a p1505 which is the idle control valve, the car has had no symptoms for that as the idle is good it has never stalled out at idle nothing out of the ordinary, have it at a mechanic right now and he to is unsure, I sent a vid to a mechanic friend who is on vacation right now he stated to me it's a vacuum leak, but all the hoses have been checked so it's not that, does anybody have a clue what this may be or have anybody experienced this ? I've heard everything from it can be my clutch to the injectors, don't want to take it to the stealer have them run the code come up wit the p1505 they replace the icv and I still have this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated !!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 09:48 PM   #2
E90lifestyle
Private First Class
Rep

If anyone who knows what it may be and would like to view the vid for better idea, I can send it on text, Instagram, snap, thanks a lot !!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 10:18 PM   #3
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

do you know much about the maintenance history? some basic things that come to mind when getting codes that may not make sense is the battery. any idea how old it is?
also, spark plugs are said to be a 37k interval, but people typically do them around 30k.
      04-09-2018, 10:37 PM   #4
E90lifestyle
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
do you know much about the maintenance history? some basic things that come to mind when getting codes that may not make sense is the battery. any idea how old it is?
also, spark plugs are said to be a 37k interval, but people typically do them around 30k.
No clue about the previous history, I've done 2 oil changes since my ownership, not sure about how old the battery is, purchased the car from a Nissan dealership previous owner moved up to a gtr, salesman stated to me it was maintained by bmw his word, been meaning to see if I can be able to get service records by contacting a bmw service dept
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 11:22 PM   #5
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

make friends with a service advisor at your local bmw dealership. i'd approach it by telling him you just acquired the car and want to get the service up to date and was hoping to get a feel for things moving forward. this should get him salivating at writing you some 100k service. lol
see if he could pull the history (if it was serviced at any bmw dealer) and it will at least give you an idea. you might be able to swindle some free insight.
i'd probably look at doing spark plugs soon. when they start taking a dump, they can cause issues. if you start getting all kinds of inexplicable codes and your defroster stops working and crap, its an indicator of a bad battery. since you have a '12, you may have the original battery.
      04-09-2018, 11:55 PM   #6
that_grey_m3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 M3 6 spd

Are you catless by any chance or still have stock cats intact?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 12:07 AM   #7
E90lifestyle
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by that_grey_m3 View Post
Are you catless by any chance or still have stock cats intact?
Stock, pretty sure it's my clutch slipping after YouTubing a couple vids
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 12:08 AM   #8
E90lifestyle
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
make friends with a service advisor at your local bmw dealership. i'd approach it by telling him you just acquired the car and want to get the service up to date and was hoping to get a feel for things moving forward. this should get him salivating at writing you some 100k service. lol
see if he could pull the history (if it was serviced at any bmw dealer) and it will at least give you an idea. you might be able to swindle some free insight.
i'd probably look at doing spark plugs soon. when they start taking a dump, they can cause issues. if you start getting all kinds of inexplicable codes and your defroster stops working and crap, its an indicator of a bad battery. since you have a '12, you may have the original battery.
Thanks for the advice will do
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 08:22 AM   #9
LVI
BMW Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

your description of the issues is confusing. can you post a video?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 11:19 AM   #10
E90lifestyle
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence1 View Post
your description of the issues is confusing. can you post a video?
I would post it if I knew how, it's my clutch slipping though, after Seeing a couple vids on YouTube it's exactly that, I can floor it rpm shoots up car doesn't go, i guess the code I got is a different issue n has nothing to do wit it.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 12:45 PM   #11
qbnlykwhoa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90lifestyle View Post
I would post it if I knew how, it's my clutch slipping though, after Seeing a couple vids on YouTube it's exactly that, I can floor it rpm shoots up car doesn't go, i guess the code I got is a different issue n has nothing to do wit it.
Yup, I'd say with the behavior you're describing and the mileage on the car, definitely sounds like a slipping clutch.
Appreciate 1