BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

06-30-2018, 07:15 PM   #1
m3peat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Need suggestions: passenger seatbelt gets hung up

I have an E90, which doesn't have the arm belt extender. The top slot on B pillar where the belt comes out has an upper and lower guide and top plastic guide appears to be cracked and snags the belt. To be sure, I pulled apart the whole b pillar column and found the seatbelt retractor works fine as it still pulls the belt back normally.
What I found was the very top upper guide is cracked (it appears to be plastic) and snags the belt, hindering its ability to retract easily. The lower guide (I think it’s metal) is fine. Think of where the belt peaks and loops back down. It’s the upper guide that is cracked and snags the belt.
My thought is if there was something slippery I could try to wrap the upper guide to prevent it from snagging the belt.

Ideas?

PS....you can’t replace that cracked part alone, or else I would.

Last edited by m3peat; 07-01-2018 at 10:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2018, 11:14 PM   #2
aswy6
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Im not sure if i understand the problem properly but it sounds like the belt slips from that little arm that hand you the belt? If thats the case, i just ironed my belt with breach and it worked again. Over time the belt loses its flat shape and no longer able to grip to that arm. Hope that helps
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 10:48 AM   #3
m3peat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswy6 View Post
Im not sure if i understand the problem properly but it sounds like the belt slips from that little arm that hand you the belt? If thats the case, i just ironed my belt with breach and it worked again. Over time the belt loses its flat shape and no longer able to grip to that arm. Hope that helps
Sorry, I should stated that it's an E90. There is no arm that hands you the belt in the sedan. It just comes out of a slot in the B pillar. That top slot has an upper and lower guide that keeps it straight/flat. The top portion is cracked and snags the belt

Hope this helps clear it up.
Appreciate 0