BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

06-22-2008, 03:12 PM   #1
HeadOn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 Spark. Graph. 6MT Coupe

Garage List
2008 M3 Coupe  [8.00]
Could an E92 M3 owner try a test for me?

I have had some odd audio issues with my M3 that the dealership can't figure out. And the car is with the dealership now.

When I was thinking about the situations when the issue arose, I remembered that it seems to have only manifested on the times I used the Parked Car Ventilation option to vent the car before I leave for work.

So if anyone has time and could try a test for me, I would appreciate knowing your experience.

Here is the test procedure:

1. Set the Parked Car Ventilation to kick on at a preset time.
2. Let it run the 30 minute cycle.
3. Get in the car after that and start the engine.

Expected results:
Your car should work normally and you should have your audio from the stereo. Also your Voice recognition system should work.

My experience:
The car starts, the iDrive seems to work, but no audio works at all. The car simply seems to not be able to send anything through the speakers. In addition the voice recognition system will not engage. Also, the iDrive begins to get very sluggish.

If you drive the car and turn it off for a while and then get back in the problem goes away (no vent settings in this case).

Other factors that might be playing a part. iPod is plugged in using the BMW iPod kit. Normally works fine. Also, iPhone is paired with Bluetooth. It also works perfectly normally.

Again if anyone is willing to try this experiment and let me know, that would be really helpful. Then I could give the service department a possible way to reproduce the issue, which right now they can not do.

Sincerely,
HeadOn
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2008, 03:21 PM   #2
HeadOn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 Spark. Graph. 6MT Coupe

Garage List
2008 M3 Coupe  [8.00]
FYI - I just tried this same test with the Parked Vent timer and with my iPhone paired to the X5 loaner vehicle, and it worked with no problems.

So again, thanks to anyone willing to give this a shot.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2008, 04:54 PM   #3
icemang17
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT

I have used mine twice....but I ended up getting off work late both days by about an hour....but everything worked fine when I did?
1989 Porsche 928S4 track beast!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2008, 05:02 PM   #4
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Hard as it may be to believe but I have had a similar experience with my S5. I don't know if it has a Parked Car Ventilation system or not but I do know that occasionally I have started the car after it's been sitting and found audi sound for the Audi system, turn the ignition off and on again always cures it.

Maybe it a problem with car which have these advanced sound systems.
Appreciate 0