07-27-2018, 06:14 AM   #1
golovan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35D

Buy used or get from swapalease.com

Hello everyone,

I sold my 2014 X5 yesterday because we are moving back to USA from Germany in a couple of weeks. Now I am trying to make a move between buying a used X5 under warranty or go for a lease. I really wanted to get 2019 X5, but I think it is a bit too early and also there are a few options that I heard are coming only next year.
My main question is if anyone has experience with taking over someones lease. Anything I should be worried about? Is it actually a good idea? I consider using it for 6-12 month and then buy G05.
Any opinion is appreciated, but if you can share your experience it would be great!

Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2018, 07:54 AM   #2
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

If you are military you should get a new one from Bavarian military car sales. I just picked up a fully loaded X5 for 57k

And it's free shipping back to the US
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2018, 04:38 AM   #3
golovan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35D

Unfortunately, in this case I am not military. Otherwise I would definitely buy one here.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2018, 07:36 AM   #4
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast & Furious

For a short term lease, swapalease is a good option; I personally have not used it but know others that have. For a BMW you are swapping through BMWFS so you pay a small application/transfer fee and takeover the lease at the previous owners specs; payment, mileage allowance, and turn-in date. Some owners are offering incentives, others are hoping to get some cash back for what they put down on the vehicle. Quite often you can find a straight up swap with no cash involved.
Appreciate 0