proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

09-21-2018, 03:10 PM   #1
Cboy
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 AW F87 ZCP

Considering 2015 CPO M3

its private party purchase. car has 25k miles on it.

I got the vin and checked with the dealer all service has been performed on time, the last service was 15k miles in Dec last year, looks like its going to be due in a couple of months.
It also has CPO till 10/2020 (not sure how its 2 years, but i saw the screenshot showing the starting/ending dates of it) As I Understand I will have to pay a fee of $200 to transfer the CPO to myself.

I understand these cars can be expensive if something goes wrong. The CPO should give me peace of mind for the next 2 years.

My question is does the CPO cover pretty much anything (costly) that will possibly go wrong?

The car has ED Drop springs (1.3" front .3" rear) on it but no other mods.

I've researched that the batteries are $1200, as well as costs on tires, oil changes, fluid changes (all not covered by CPO, but i'm good with their costs)

also anythings i should look out for while taking a look at the car this weekend?

thx!

Last edited by Cboy; 09-21-2018 at 03:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 07:09 PM   #2
Ian1973
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 15 M3

It is a normal warranty. It will act as a new car warranty until you reach that day or the mileage. It is not a maintenance plan however, batteries, tires and all that are obviously not covered.

With that low miles and CPO coverage, as long as it has a clean car fax and you see no body issues, I don't see why you would pass.
Appreciate 0