Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

11-11-2018, 05:30 PM   #1
jbrag5
Rep
Drives: '06 Graphite 325i. 18 DVM M3

In love with the Daytona Violet Metallic M3.

The story of my purchase. A few months back I discovered this forum and the list of Indivudual colors. Oh man what a list of awesome colors on some awesome cars. I never had the intention of buying a car this year or for the next few at least. I have a '06 E90 as my daily driver that I've had since '08 and that I bought in Germany when I lived there. The car is solid and has treated me very well. I seen the M4 at the auto show with this color and saved it as my phone back ground. Had it for a while but since August I really started to get curious. I called around and searched the internet. After quite sometime of looking and doing research on the F80 body, I located this in IL at the Knauz BMW dealership. Great guys to work with and great dealership out there. I made the purchase even though I live in Massachusetts.

I flew out to IL and picked up the car. Seeing the car in person so much different than seeing it photos. I think we can all agree with any individual color M3/4 we have come across. The DVM is so different in the sun vs the shade or cloudy weather. And it's amazing. Maybe its cuz I just bought the car and love the color but i dont think that look will get old for me. I told myself this car wouldnt touch snow. Well that went right down the crapper 12hrs into the drive back to MA. Got stuck in Ohio...in a snow storm. It was a frustrating morning in the snow and a long drive but i made back. Here are a few pics of it but its dirty right now. More picks to follow hopefully soon.

So I know it's a long post and if you have read down to this point, thank you. Now, the real questions start from those with M3's that have aftermarket items installed. For spacers, how big of a spacer do you think is the right size? And if you were to lower the car how low would you you go before it doesnt work with the adaptive suspension? I dont want to go to low but enough for it to look even and a bit more aggressive I guess. If there is any other items you think would be a must have please list in the comments.
Appreciate 1
      11-11-2018, 05:37 PM   #2
jbrag5
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrag5 View Post
The story of my purchase. A few months back I discovered this forum and the list of Indivudual colors. Oh man what a list of awesome colors on some awesome cars. I never had the intention of buying a car this year or for the next few at least. I have a '06 E90 as my daily driver that I've had since '08 and that I bought in Germany when I lived there. The car is solid and has treated me very well. I seen the M4 at the auto show with this color and saved it as my phone back ground. Had it for a while but since August I really started to get curious. I called around and searched the internet. After quite sometime of looking and doing research on the F80 body, I located this in IL at the Knauz BMW dealership. Great guys to work with and great dealership out there. I made the purchase even though I live in Massachusetts.

I flew out to IL and picked up the car. Seeing the car in person so much different than seeing it photos. I think we can all agree with any individual color M3/4 we have come across. The DVM is so different in the sun vs the shade or cloudy weather. And it's amazing. Maybe its cuz I just bought the car and love the color but i dont think that look will get old for me. I told myself this car wouldnt touch snow. Well that went right down the crapper 12hrs into the drive back to MA. Got stuck in Ohio...in a snow storm. It was a frustrating morning in the snow and a long drive but i made back. Here are a few pics of it but its dirty right now. More picks to follow hopefully soon.

So I know it's a long post and if you have read down to this point, thank you. Now, the real questions start from those with M3's that have aftermarket items installed. For spacers, how big of a spacer do you think is the right size? And if you were to lower the car how low would you you go before it doesnt work with the adaptive suspension? I dont want to go to low but enough for it to look even and a bit more aggressive I guess. If there is any other items you think would be a must have please list in the comments.
Sorry photos did not load the first time.
Attached Images

Appreciate 7
'Cane8666.50
Simple1133.50
Miko M6661.50
Hedoniste3875.50
zamboni1132.00
      11-11-2018, 07:10 PM   #3
High Octane
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 BMW M4

Awesome car. I live near Knauz BMW and have actually found them to be difficult and haven't bought a single BMW from them. They kept giving me the run around when I was trying to purchase an M4 and making false claims + not budging on price whatsoever.

Glad it worked out well for you though. Enjoy the car!
Appreciate 1
jbrag514.50
      11-11-2018, 07:17 PM   #4
ilia
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Congratulations on a beautiful car. I hope you were able to work with my CA f85matt at Knauz. He is a great guy, diehard BMW enthusiast and the #1 M salesman in NA for a few years now. I don't believe he's a forum sponsor, so sorry if I'm violating any rules.
As far as the modifications go, there are a few questions that need to be addressed.
1. How will you use your car: stored in winter, daily or weekend driver, will you take it to the track?
2. What's most important to you: making the car look pretty, increase its performance etc... kind of goes along with the utilization.
3. Do you have a budget and how good of a quality mods you desire?

There are lots more, but this should get opinions started

Enjoy and congrats again!
      11-11-2018, 07:25 PM   #5
ilia
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Octane View Post
Awesome car. I live near Knauz BMW and have actually found them to be difficult and haven't bought a single BMW from them. They kept giving me the run around when I was trying to purchase an M4 and making false claims + not budging on price whatsoever.

I've had mixed experiences there in the past, but Matt is by far the best CA I've ever encountered. I've purchased 3 new BMW from them and was planning on venturing out with a Bimmerpost sponsor dealer, until I met Matt. It made the whole transaction smooth and easy.
      11-11-2018, 07:46 PM   #6
jbrag5
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Octane View Post

Thank you. I found that to be the issue with dealership near me. Sorry for the troubles and hope you were able to locate a car that you love. Maybe I caught the right person at the right time.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2018, 08:01 PM   #7
jbrag5
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilia View Post
Congratulations on a beautiful car. I hope you were able to work with my CA f85matt at Knauz. He is a great guy, diehard BMW enthusiast and the #1 M salesman in NA for a few years now. I don't believe he's a forum sponsor, so sorry if I'm violating any rules.
As far as the modifications go, there are a few questions that need to be addressed.
1. How will you use your car: stored in winter, daily or weekend driver, will you take it to the track?
2. What's most important to you: making the car look pretty, increase its performance etc... kind of goes along with the utilization.

Thank you. Right now the plan is to garage it in the winter and use it as a daily driver in the spring/summer months. I guess right now just want to focus on cosmetic features. I like the 666 wheels but have seen some good aftermarket options. Budget depends on what I'm doing to the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2018, 08:28 PM   #8
High Octane
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 BMW M4

Quote:
Thank you. I found that to be the issue with dealership near me. Sorry for the troubles and hope you were able to locate a car that you love. Maybe I caught the right person at the right time.
For sure. I found my perfect M4 at Patrick BMW, a really short drive away. I'm sure all dealerships have their good/bad salesman. We were both able to end up in our F8X, so everything worked out.
Appreciate 1
jbrag514.50
      11-11-2018, 08:54 PM   #9
ilia
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you. Right now the plan is to garage it in the winter and use it as a daily driver in the spring/summer months. I guess right now just want to focus on cosmetic features. I like the 666 wheels but have seen some good aftermarket options. Budget depends on what I'm doing to the car.
I would suggest color matched reflectors, BMW M-performance CF exterior and interior bits to your taste. I would not put any low quality mods on as you get what you pay for... as far as a drop goes, car sits perfect on M-performance springs. I have seen an f80 in Sakhir orange at the dealership with the aforementioned setup and I was drooling for a while. I believe it was set at the BMW recommended height. I think 12mm spacers are the safest, most aggressive size with the 666 wheels, but I've only read that on the forum without any real experience. Good luck and happy modding
      11-12-2018, 05:44 AM   #10
RIM3
RI BMW
Rep
Drives: M5

Good luck with the new ride and that color is beautiful.
Appreciate 1
jbrag514.50
      11-12-2018, 06:32 AM   #11
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

Hello,

another Boston based F80 Great color choice !!
I have 12mm (rear) and 15mm (front) and the HAS kit (with 666M)
No rubbing and it sits perfect (flush)
However if you want to be more conservative and are concerned about rocker/side panel damage from debris you might go 10mm/12mm
I have a few pictures at https://flic.kr/s/aHsmpsBr7e
Happy to provide more if/as needed
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 1
jbrag514.50
      11-12-2018, 06:52 AM   #12
jbrag5
Rep

@ ilia. I do plan on doing the reflectors and carbon defusor for the rear. I will most likely stay conservative with the spacers.

jmh beautiful color. I like that blue alot. Car sits nice. I will stay on the conservative side just to limit the damage to the rocker and side panel. I seen a member made some mud flaps for the F80 but I dont want to go that far just yet

Last edited by jbrag5; 11-12-2018 at 07:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 06:56 AM   #13
DaytonaVioletM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f80 M3 Competition

Congrats and welcome to the DVM club! PM sent!
jbrag514.50
      11-12-2018, 05:43 PM   #14
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Beautiful

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
jbrag514.50
      11-14-2018, 09:36 AM   #15
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Gorgeous car! I own a Techno Violet E36 M3 coupe and definitely never get tired of the color. I just think a classy purple or violet is just such an amazing color on cars. It's something you don't see often but fits every occasion IMHO.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 2
jbrag514.50
      11-14-2018, 02:18 PM   #16
gotchuckz
Bodeine Brazy™
Rep
Drives: 2023 G82 M4 Competition xDrive

Nice purchase bro. The color is amazing in person.

Actually the M4 you seen at the auto show is Purple Silk, not Daytona Violet. Haha close enough.

Instagram
Appreciate 1
jbrag514.50
      11-15-2018, 01:12 PM   #17
jbrag5
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotchuckz View Post
Nice purchase bro. The color is amazing in person.

Actually the M4 you seen at the auto show is Purple Silk, not Daytona Violet. Haha close enough.
Yes it's close but very different haha. It definitely led me down the path to getting this car and color.
      11-24-2018, 07:01 AM   #18
FLgirl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Congrats! I agree- Daytona Violet is beautiful! Happy Modding
      11-24-2018, 12:19 PM   #19
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Quote:

Congrats on the car!!!
It's beautiful color, I was there few weeks ago looking at it

Quote:
I've had mixed experiences there in the past, but Matt is by far the best CA I've ever encountered. I've purchased 3 new BMW from them and was planning on venturing out with a Bimmerpost sponsor dealer, until I met Matt. It made the whole transaction smooth and easy.
I do agree with you, Matt is pretty cool guy. I bought 5 new cars from him in the last 18 months.
We actually became good friends.
Appreciate 1
jbrag514.50
      11-26-2018, 03:51 PM   #20
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Congrats on the pickup! I also have a Techno E36 M3, so I'm quite partial to the Violet spectrum I wish I would've seen this earlier so we could've sent you back to Boston with a little IND mod package

As others have said, the 10/12 spacer combo would be a nice fit if you're looking to stay with the "OEM Plus" parameters in regard to your stance / ride height. In addition to these, an IND painted front reflector set and Acexxon rear reflector insert set combo always add some cleanliness to the exterior—we now have a convenient package for both since they've become so popular:

IND x Acexxon F8X M3 / M4 Reflector Package - CLICK HERE

For suspension, we'd be hard pressed to not recommend the KW HAS kit. Flexibility is the name of the game here—you get to retain your EDC while being able to play with your ride height as you see fit (depending on your comfort level). This gives you some wiggle room in the event that you'd like to add some complimentary aero pieces (i.e. RKP F80 side skirts) since I see you're already considering a rear diffuser.

KW F8X M3 / M4 Height Adjustable Spring Kit - CLICK HERE

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any further questions about these or any other F8X items in our catalog—we'd be happy to help!

Last edited by IND-Distribution; 11-26-2018 at 03:58 PM..
Appreciate 1
jbrag514.50
      11-29-2018, 12:57 AM   #21
jbrag5
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@IND View Post
Congrats on the pickup! I also have a Techno E36 M3, so I'm quite partial to the Violet spectrum I wish I would've seen this earlier so we could've sent you back to Boston with a little IND mod package

As others have said, the 10/12 spacer combo would be a nice fit if you're looking to stay with the "OEM Plus" parameters in regard to your stance / ride height. In addition to these, an IND painted front reflector set and Acexxon rear reflector insert set combo always add some cleanliness to the exterior—we now have a convenient package for both since they've become so popular:

IND x Acexxon F8X M3 / M4 Reflector Package - CLICK HERE

For suspension, we'd be hard pressed to not recommend the KW HAS kit. Flexibility is the name of the game here—you get to retain your EDC while being able to play with your ride height as you see fit (depending on your comfort level). This gives you some wiggle room in the event that you'd like to add some complimentary aero pieces (i.e. RKP F80 side skirts) since I see you're already considering a rear diffuser.

KW F8X M3 / M4 Height Adjustable Spring Kit - CLICK HERE

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any further questions about these or any other F8X items in our catalog—we'd be happy to help!
Hey no worries. I actually have an order in place with you guys. Got a few things to start. It's about to go in the garage for the winter and looking forward to the spring already. After driving the new car i dont want to drive my E90 325i haha. I knew it was going to happen. And saw the suspension kit and seriously considered getting it but I a few things to pay down first. In due time.
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2019, 10:24 AM   #22
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

jbrag5, beautiful car. Congratulations! It must be difficult to see your vehicle in the garage during the winter and wait until summer ...
Appreciate 0