Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

10-08-2019, 02:50 PM   #1
plus160
Nurburgring
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 6M, AW, SS

ISC Coilover Review NON EDC M3

I found this Company in New Hampshire and was the first F80 M3 customer to try their coil overs, their operations manager Jason was formerly with Turner Motorsports and on the phone I could tell he knows suspensions. Like many folks here I hated the front tire to fender gap and I like something a little more connected than stock, my 15 M3 is NOT EDC. I bought the basic coil over kit with the upgraded springs, I did the installation myself which is not an easy job with hand tools and no lift but got it done. The website shows an included rear upper shock mount, it's not, you must re-use the OEM upper mount and nut which in my case required a trip to the local garage to remove the nut with an impact. Once dialed in the stance is low but not too low, I've put a couple thousand miles on them and can say they perform similar to the KW V1's I had on my 335ix but with the 32 dampening adjustments I will be able to stiffen them up for a track day. The car is much flatter in corners and overall firmer and feels more planted especially when you get on the gas hard and under very hard braking. I have 19's and don't think it's any harsher than stock just a more controlled and confidence inspiring feel when pushing. They are made in Taiwan but the build quality seems good at 1/2 the cost of KW's.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 11:33 AM   #2
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
What do their dyno plots look like and what ride frequencies do they target? Someone on the F3x forum asked me about them but I wasn't familiar with them. Did they mention anything about their custom valving to you?

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 09:55 AM   #3
travismelo3
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by plus160 View Post
I found this Company in New Hampshire and was the first F80 M3 customer to try their coil overs, their operations manager Jason was formerly with Turner Motorsports and on the phone I could tell he knows suspensions. Like many folks here I hated the front tire to fender gap and I like something a little more connected than stock, my 15 M3 is NOT EDC. I bought the basic coil over kit with the upgraded springs, I did the installation myself which is not an easy job with hand tools and no lift but got it done. The website shows an included rear upper shock mount, it's not, you must re-use the OEM upper mount and nut which in my case required a trip to the local garage to remove the nut with an impact. Once dialed in the stance is low but not too low, I've put a couple thousand miles on them and can say they perform similar to the KW V1's I had on my 335ix but with the 32 dampening adjustments I will be able to stiffen them up for a track day. The car is much flatter in corners and overall firmer and feels more planted especially when you get on the gas hard and under very hard braking. I have 19's and don't think it's any harsher than stock just a more controlled and confidence inspiring feel when pushing. They are made in Taiwan but the build quality seems good at 1/2 the cost of KW's.
Hi, so I am looking into getting the ISC coils for my F83. You’re the only person I’ve seen that has them or has said anything about them, so would you recommend them over something like BC racing or just normal adjustable springs?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 04:26 AM   #4
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Nice option for a kit costing well < $2k. Ride height gives the nice aggressive look. Here’s BWs take on the ISC kit: https://www.bimmerworld.com/ISC-N1-S...et-E9X-M3.html

Last edited by M3SQRD; 12-13-2023 at 01:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 03:07 PM   #5
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

FYI, Spring rates listed on BimmerWorld’s page are 12 kg/mm (672 lbf/in) and R 14 kg/mm (783 f/in$. BW states these are the mid-range rates so that suggests ISC also offer a low-range and high-range rate options. BW considers this to be street friendly.
Appreciate 0