proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

06-07-2020, 08:18 PM   #1
TheGreatestDane
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F32

Days On A Lot

Hello. I'm looking for a new M4, but don't love the incoming generation. With this in mind;

Whats a lot of days for an M4 to sit on a lot?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 08:30 PM   #2
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

1yr+
I picked up the 2nd F80 and it sat for 13 months
build date shows Jan 2018
picked up April 2019
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2020, 08:51 PM   #3
bsmf8x
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatestDane View Post
Hello. I'm looking for a new M4, but don't love the incoming generation. With this in mind;

Whats a lot of days for an M4 to sit on a lot?
A new M4? Who cares. It's new with a new warranty and full maintenance plan and it's the last model year of production so it should be the most stout and reliable. Don't worry about that, the only reason a car like that wouldn't sell is because it didn't have the right buyer or the spec wasn't it. For example, I'd literally drive a Camry before driving a mineral gray or white non comp f80 I hate that spec (I'd still take the f80 but Yk what i mean) but there's tons of people out there that love the way it looks. It could be a spec that people weren't considering but maybe it works for you. My black on black pre LCI May look off to others but I'm in love with it.. I don't even care for SO interior anymore I like how classy the black looks but most people would prefer SO. Spec matters that's why a car May be on the lot awhile.
Appreciate 2
      06-07-2020, 08:52 PM   #4
TheGreatestDane
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
1yr+
I picked up the 2nd F80 and it sat for 13 months
build date shows Jan 2018
picked up April 2019
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 08:55 PM   #5
TheGreatestDane
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdrdf82 View Post
A new M4? Who cares. It's new with a new warranty and full maintenance plan and it's the last model year of production so it should be the most stout and reliable. Don't worry about that, the only reason a car like that wouldn't sell is because it didn't have the right buyer or the spec wasn't it. For example, I'd literally drive a Camry before driving a mineral gray or white non comp f80 I hate that spec (I'd still take the f80 but Yk what i mean) but there's tons of people out there that love the way it looks. It could be a spec that people weren't considering but maybe it works for you. My black on black pre LCI May look off to others but I'm in love with it.. I don't even care for SO interior anymore I like how classy the black looks but most people would prefer SO. Spec matters that's why a car May be on the lot awhile.
Right on. I'm not worried about it being left there due to it's lack of desirability it was more to see if I could put myself in a better position negotiation wise. I'm being quote a ton of different numbers...and online interactions vs in person are almost $200 apart in monthly's.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 08:56 PM   #6
bsmf8x
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Right on. I'm not worried about it being left there due to it's lack of desirability it was more to see if I could put myself in a better position negotiation wise. I'm being quote a ton of different numbers...and online interactions vs in person are almost $200 apart in monthly's.
Leasing or buying?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 08:58 PM   #7
TheGreatestDane
Private
Rep

Quote:
Leasing or buying?
leasing.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 08:58 PM   #8
djMpower
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 SSII F82 ZCP

Days on the lot aren't extremely relevant. Since you're talking about a monthly difference I'm assuming you're leasing. You should be targeting 13-15% off MSRP before rebates for the best deal. And yes, negotiating online is always easier.
      06-07-2020, 09:00 PM   #9
bsmf8x
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Leasing or buying?
leasing.
I think anything under 10% is crazy don't even consider it. 10-12 if the spec is perfect and they're not budging. 13+ if the spec is good. Couple extra bucks to drive the better spec is never a bad decision but your call. If you're in NY/NJ/CT/PA or Cali pm me I'll put you on to a lease broker that'll get you over 10% off before rebates and locate any car in the country pretty much.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 09:01 PM   #10
bsmf8x
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djMpower View Post
Days on the lot aren't extremely relevant. Since you're talking about a monthly difference I'm assuming you're leasing. You should be targeting 13-15% off MSRP before rebates for the best deal. And yes, negotiating online is always easier.
^^ this I was getting a big ass discount off an m340 that wasn't even at the dealer yet, still in transit. Was 11% I believe
Appreciate 0