BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

09-27-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
itofigari
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 CP| MW / SO

About to get a 2009 M3 sedan and need advise

Hi,
I currently drive a Cayman S and I will soon need a sedan. After looking at the Audi RS4 and the AMG C63 I test drove the M3 at the Austin dealer and was completely sold. It is a very nice car with lots of power and love the interior and all the custom work it can be done to it...that's when the fun start.
Having said this, I have not been able to find intake replacement and spoilers around. Any suggestions would help...I saw Dronell3's E90 in white and it looks very nice...any other recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 05:23 PM   #2
noxredna
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 M3, 1M, F10 M5

Nice to hear that you've gotten the 2009 M3 sedan.

I just received my E92 Coupe two weeks ago and had minimal/zero knowledge on its modifications and aftermarket parts. Spent the last two weeks rammaging through the forum here and I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I can safely say that I have knowledge of 75% of aftermarket parts available for the new M3.

Spend a couple of hours on this forum especially the aftermarket section and trust me.. you will find so many different parts from so many different manufacturers that you will be confused and torn between selections.

These two sections are good places to start:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=125
http://www.m3post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124

Enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 05:39 PM   #3
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by itofigari View Post
Hi,
I currently drive a Cayman S and I will soon need a sedan. After looking at the Audi RS4 and the AMG C63 I test drove the M3 at the Austin dealer and was completely sold. It is a very nice car with lots of power and love the interior and all the custom work it can be done to it...that's when the fun start.
Having said this, I have not been able to find intake replacement and spoilers around. Any suggestions would help...I saw Dronell3's E90 in white and it looks very nice...any other recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks
I'd advice you to test drive all three since they are so close and see which driving characteristics are important to you. That would be my advise for sure.
Appreciate 0