ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

08-18-2020, 12:54 PM   #1
thorHAM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '19 M4 ZCP BSM

M4 backseat cover for a pup?

Brought an Akita into our family this weekend. Well aware she will outgrow the car very soon, but until my lease ends would like to her along to some trips.

Having trouble finding a backseat cover/hammock that can attach to the backseat. Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for an F82 backseat (with competition seats)?

Pup pics below

Name:  bear1.jpeg
Views: 558
Size:  242.1 KB
Name:  bear2.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  123.3 KB
Appreciate 3
      08-18-2020, 01:06 PM   #2
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorHAM View Post
Brought an Akita into our family this weekend. Well aware she will outgrow the car very soon, but until my lease ends would like to her along to some trips.

Having trouble finding a backseat cover/hammock that can attach to the backseat. Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for an F82 backseat (with competition seats)?

Pup pics below

Attachment 2392025
Attachment 2392026
Akita's are extremely protective!

My in-laws had one 120 lbs male. Same color.

I've had Dobermans...
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 01:09 PM   #3
thorHAM
Enlisted Member
Rep

120 lbs god damn! her dad looked around that maybe less. your male must have looked majestic. did he get along with other dogs such as your dober?

we wanted to start off a bit smaller so went with a girl pup

dobermans are beautiful
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 01:31 PM   #4
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
120 lbs god damn! her dad looked around that maybe less. your male must have looked majestic. did he get along with other dogs such as your dober?

we wanted to start off a bit smaller so went with a girl pup

dobermans are beautiful
Not to go off topic...

They live in Cushing Oklahoma lots of property and had to watch for Coyote. I live in Connecticut. Yes the Doberman was amazing AKC dog. Good with other dogs. He could be off leash at parks as long as not to many dogs or people. Just don't want to make people uncomfortable. Protective around the house inquisitive on walks. Even tempered very social.

The Akita honestly scared the smack out of me. Her dog was very aggressive and super Alpha.

Dobermans are not dog fighters; they were bred as police dogs etc.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 01:38 PM   #5
deeldoo
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 - DCT 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ninja View Post
Quote:

Pup pics below

Attachment 2392025
Attachment 2392026

I've had Dobermans...
My cousin has Akita, i currently have a dobey girl pup.

I have to say the Akita is generally larger and can have a tendency to be dog agressive while the dobbies i know people agressive.

In regards to the hammock there is no good one for the M4 due to the seat design. I recommend big blankets
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 01:45 PM   #6
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeldoo View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Pup pics below

Attachment 2392025
Attachment 2392026

I've had Dobermans...

I have to say the Akita is generally larger and can have a tendency to be dog agressive while the dobbies i know people agressive.

In regards to the hammock there is no good one for the M4 due to the seat design. I recommend big blankets
Spot on...

My Dobe was very even tempered until we got home.

Definitely a little more protective at home.

Never had any scary moments or feared for unprovoked aggression. Just looked the part...

At parks he would never let me out of his sight.

If I started to run in the opposite direction he would come running after me ☺️

It would trip people out...

He would run past everything, dogs, people etc. until he caught me...
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 01:51 PM   #7
deeldoo
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 - DCT 2016

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeldoo View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Pup pics below

Attachment 2392025
Attachment 2392026

I've had Dobermans...

Spot on...

My Dobe was very even tempered until we got home.

Definitely a little more protective at home.

Never had any scary moments or feared for unprovoked aggression. Just looked the part...

At parks he would never let me out of his sight.

If I started to run in the opposite direction he would come running after me ☺️

It would trip people out...

He would run past everything, dogs, people etc. until he caught me...
Well i think it comes down to the breeding, the doberman was bred to be a personal protection dog and to attack people.

They make horrible dogs in situations where they end up being attacked or any sort of animal aggression , they have no fur, they have exposed skin, they have thin necks so i always watch mine around other dogs or even if i see too many coyotes around.

The akita, mastiffs, bullys and all sorts of other breeds range from property protections, herding, cattle protection so all can be quite capable in an animal aggression setting but tend to steer clear of people.

But if you wanted a dog to protect you from people the dobbie is the one and only bred for it.

My friends pitty would lick people to death and many of the imposing mastiff breads are the same.
Appreciate 1
2011ninja3414.00
      08-18-2020, 01:57 PM   #8
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

I use a backseat cover from Orvis. There are some other threads around. Here’s one:

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1323776
      08-18-2020, 02:21 PM   #9
thorHAM
Enlisted Member
Rep

Yeah Akitas have a reputation for being dog aggressive especially with the same sex (and aloof with strangers). Raising ours in NYC with a lot of exposure/socialization with dogs and people I'm hoping will make her comfortable to play with others as she grows up.

Thanks for the recco RickFLM4 - I know Orvis has great beds so will definitely take a look- much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 03:19 PM   #10
EE60
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i vert

Quote:
Yeah Akitas have a reputation for being dog aggressive especially with the same sex (and aloof with strangers). Raising ours in NYC with a lot of exposure/socialization with dogs and people I'm hoping will make her comfortable to play with others as she grows up.

Thanks for the recco RickFLM4 - I know Orvis has great beds so will definitely take a look- much appreciated.
Part # 52302220492
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 05:07 PM   #11
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
I use this rear seat protector for both my 2016 M4 Coupe and my wife's 2018 M3 when we go to the track and store our track tires and wheels in the back. My wife first bought hers for her 2011 335is Coupe and it is still holding up well. Unfortunately, it's currently unavailable with no idea when it will be back in stock: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There appear to be a bunch of rear seat protectors available on Amazon, including one from Amazon Basics: https://smile.amazon.com/AmazonBasic...GDDVMSA9GAQ1A3

Appreciate 0