BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-22-2020, 09:52 AM   #1
HB8205
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 f15

Rear entertainment screens

Hi
So I have a X5 sdrive25d ( ikr ) and I have the option of rear screens, now I tried using them and basically any audio that say the passengers are watching tv it comes to the front , like if I want to listen to radio while driving and someone I’m back watching tv, I have to listen to tv without even watching it. That’s problem 1,

2 is that how do you even use these things? How do you hook up your phone? I have iPhones latest and Samsung’s aswell, and I thought you were able to screen mirror but apparently not, I don’t have CarPlay so that’s probs why. But another thing, what is the headphone jacks for when you can’t even use them? I plugged in headphones when watching tv, and the audio doesn’t even go through the headphones, it still comes though the speakers, and I checked through settings and couldn’t find anything, I have idrive 5 btw.

Please anybody help who knows how to sue these things? Also btw I have a reader and BimmerCode so if any coding needs done please tell me.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2020, 10:56 PM   #2
yohoe
Rep
Drives: 2017 35d

Unfortunately, the only input I can give is the screen mirror will only work while parked. Lucky, the dash creates a nice "shelf" in front of the screen that will hold your phone thus allowing you to stream a video. You can also enable split screen and set to navigation on the right side so you don't lose functionality... not that I tried that on a long ride or any...
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 10:22 AM   #3
HB8205
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 f15

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohoe View Post
Unfortunately, the only input I can give is the screen mirror will only work while parked. Lucky, the dash creates a nice "shelf" in front of the screen that will hold your phone thus allowing you to stream a video. You can also enable split screen and set to navigation on the right side so you don't lose functionality... not that I tried that on a long ride or any...

You didn’t help, what did you even say, and no the mirror won’t only work when parked, you can code to make it work while driving. I’ve done that but I dont even have the option to mirror, nothing you said had anything to do with anything I asked.
Appreciate 0