BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Exterior / Cosmetic Parts

EXXEL Distributions

11-17-2020, 12:29 PM   #1
warddrew
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
AutoTecknic Carbon Mirror Caps

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Direct Replacement, No scratches, no broken clips
Buyer pays shipping

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 12:17 AM   #2
UBERV8
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 MW E92 M3

Hey I've sent you a message and commented on your other post a few days ago. Are you sure you're trying to sell these?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 01:26 AM   #3
warddrew
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Replied
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 09:54 PM   #4
slidewayscoupe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E90 ZCP

Seller misrepresented the item and now is demanding the product be returned without refunding any money first.

Stay away from anything this guy sells - horrible transaction so far.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 12:15 AM   #5
warddrew
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
My description is literally "no scratches, no broken clips." How did I misrepresent the item? You understand you bought a used product correct? The epoxy/weave is not always perfect on these items. If you wanted OEM quality you should have bought an OEM part. Is this your first time buying something used/on the forums? Also, you're demanding a refund before I have the product back in my hand so I suggested that you go through PayPal to ensure we're both protected. Do not sell anything to this guy he's an absolute nightmare to work with.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 01:22 PM   #6
slidewayscoupe
Second Lieutenant
Rep

How would I go about reporting this seller to a moderator? I've looked but can't find.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 03:02 PM   #7
Kisenwether
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Limerock Grey M3 / Hellrot 1M

Curious on how the seller misrepresented the items.

If you bought with PayPal just use your buyer protection and let PayPal sort it. If you didn't then lesson learned here don't buy anything on a public forum without PayPal. It just protects both sides of the transaction and is worth the fees.

I know of very few company's let alone an individual that would refund before getting back a product. Just not how business works.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 03:09 PM   #8
slidewayscoupe
Second Lieutenant
Rep

The seller claims that he didn't notice the damages to the surface and that they are just "tiny ripples."

I'll gladly return his product, however I'm likely going to be out shipping charges all because this guy misrepresented what he was selling. I'm just happy that I purchased paypal protection instead of going "friends and family." Furthermore, say what you want about "buying from a public forum" but as a community of enthusiasts, why should it be acceptable that we all be expected to take risks in purchasing goods from one another? Why is it too much to ask that we all represent what we're selling decently and authentically, and stand behind what we sell with modesty and understanding?

When asked about any blemishes prior to purchase...

The difference in the two covers even shows up in side-by-side photos. I have no idea how the seller could claim to never have noticed it. Even my girlfriend who knows nothing about cars saw the difference right away.

Last edited by slidewayscoupe; 12-06-2020 at 03:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 04:58 PM   #9
UBERV8
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 MW E92 M3

Dang, guess I'm glad the seller wasn't the most responsive when I was trying to buy
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 05:22 PM   #10
Kisenwether
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Limerock Grey M3 / Hellrot 1M

I get and agree I wish we could all buy with ease and no worries on the forums but you never know what you could get buying used items. I'm not bashing this seller as what it seems to be issue you have is what he got from Autotecknic. Its just a little low on quality and is part of the aftermarket world when you skin plastic base with a layer of carbon. They probably didn't put a lot of effort into leveling the resin after. So to the seller it seems he didn't "add" any blemishes to the product from what he got when he bought it. However is the surface a little lacking in quality and maybe something that could have been disclosed, yes but maybe he didn't view it that way as that's how he got it?

Hope you two can sort it out peacefully.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 05:47 PM   #11
warddrew
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisenwether View Post
I get and agree I wish we could all buy with ease and no worries on the forums but you never know what you could get buying used items. I'm not bashing this seller as what it seems to be issue you have is what he got from Autotecknic. Its just a little low on quality and is part of the aftermarket world when you skin plastic base with a layer of carbon. They probably didn't put a lot of effort into leveling the resin after. So to the seller it seems he didn't "add" any blemishes to the product from what he got when he bought it. However is the surface a little lacking in quality and maybe something that could have been disclosed, yes but maybe he didn't view it that way as that's how he got it?

Exactly! I’m glad someone understands. I literally ran these on my car for months and never noticed those “ripples.” As I’m looking at them in that picture I can STILL barely see them. He’s acting like I purposely didn’t disclose this or that I misrepresented the item, when my description is, “no scratches no broken clips.” Then when I ask him to make a dispute through PayPal he proceeds to bash my character over text repeatedly. Then asks me to send him his money with absolutely no guarantee that I’ll receive my product back. Finally we’ve come to an agreement after he spams my account with stupid feedback seller ratings even though I feel like I could win a formal PayPal claim. Guy is an absolute nightmare, I’ve literally never had a problem selling and buying on the forums or elsewhere. I even suggested that the buyer use PayPal for his own safety. Welcome to the used parts community buddy. Next time buy OEM.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 06:26 PM   #12
slidewayscoupe
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisenwether View Post

I appreciate the insight and can see your point, however the difference between the two covers is drastic so to imagine that this was just the way they're supposed to be is a major stretch of the truth and definitely not forthcoming or accurate.

The seller has offered to accept them as a return but it wasn't without a lot of pain.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 06:33 PM   #13
slidewayscoupe
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by warddrew View Post
Exactly! I’m glad someone understands. I literally ran these on my car for months and never noticed those “ripples.” As I’m looking at them in that picture I can STILL barely see them. He’s acting like I purposely didn’t disclose this or that I misrepresented the item, when my description is, “no scratches no broken clips.” Then when I ask him to make a dispute through PayPal he proceeds to bash my character over text repeatedly. Then asks me to send him his money with absolutely no guarantee that I’ll receive my product back. Finally we’ve come to an agreement after he spams my account with stupid feedback seller ratings even though I feel like I could win a formal PayPal claim. Guy is an absolute nightmare, I’ve literally never had a problem selling and buying on the forums or elsewhere. I even suggested that the buyer use PayPal for his own safety. Welcome to the used parts community buddy. Next time buy OEM.
It's plain and simple, with evidence. I asked you if there were any blemishes and you said none at all. There obviously are, so I asked you for a refund in return for the covers.

It wasn't until I wrote that review of you that you finally agreed to pay return shipping too, so call it "spam" if you want but something had to be done to make me whole after you misrepresented them, purposeful or not.

There are plenty of items bought and sold used on these forums, most are not OEM, so telling me that I should expect a lesser product simply because BMW doesn't retail that exact part is a total line of bullshit. Future buyers beware of the attitude on this guy - buy new or you shouldn't expect a clean part, even if he tells you that it is.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 11:20 PM   #14
warddrew
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidewayscoupe View Post
It's plain and simple, with evidence. I asked you if there were any blemishes and you said none at all. There obviously are, so I asked you for a refund in return for the covers.

It wasn't until I wrote that review of you that you finally agreed to pay return shipping too, so call it "spam" if you want but something had to be done to make me whole after you misrepresented them, purposeful or not.

There are plenty of items bought and sold used on these forums, most are not OEM, so telling me that I should expect a lesser product simply because BMW doesn't retail that exact part is a total line of bullshit. Future buyers beware of the attitude on this guy - buy new or you shouldn't expect a clean part, even if he tells you that it is.
You're delusional, especially if you expect OEM quality from a non-OEM part. Anyone with half a brain knows that. Anyway i'm done with this back and forth. Accept the Paypal return already. It's been two whole days since I suggested that you use Paypal for a refund. I can't believe we're still having this conversation. I've definitely learned a valuable lesson from this entire ordeal. From now on I will break out a magnifying glass and inspect my parts before posting them for sale.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 12:06 AM   #15
Adriano917
09 M3 e93 VF650, e30 e85, Remus, Federal’s 595rs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

I have the same ones and mine are excellent. Maybe it was a bad batch ?
      12-07-2020, 07:41 AM   #16
skillets
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 alpine white e92 M3

Good luck selling the covers now that they are famous. Everyone will know of the "ripples". Ill give ya $50 lol
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 04:11 PM   #17
slidewayscoupe
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by warddrew View Post
You're delusional, especially if you expect OEM quality from a non-OEM part. Anyone with half a brain knows that. Anyway i'm done with this back and forth. Accept the Paypal return already. It's been two whole days since I suggested that you use Paypal for a refund. I can't believe we're still having this conversation. I've definitely learned a valuable lesson from this entire ordeal. From now on I will break out a magnifying glass and inspect my parts before posting them for sale.
Who's bashing who now? Your exaggerations here are only making you look more and more like a child.

The defect is immediately visible within 3 seconds of handling the parts, even in photos - no magnifying glass necessary.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 05:17 PM   #18
warddrew
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidewayscoupe View Post
Who's bashing who now? Your exaggerations here are only making you look more and more like a child.

The defect is immediately visible within 3 seconds of handling the parts, even in photos - no magnifying glass necessary.
I've looked at your pictures over 30 times and still have to squint to see the blemish you're making a big deal over. You bring your thermometer to check the temperature of your food at restaurants don't you?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 06:39 PM   #19
slidewayscoupe
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Seller agreed to reimburse me shipping fees through Paypal dispute resolution. Items have been returned for quite a few days and now the seller has seemingly blocked me via text message and isn't responding via paypal or email.

Buyer beware of this guy. Stay away. I'm out $28 because this guy, Andrew Ward, couldn't be up front about the condition of the item he was selling.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0