BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

02-03-2021, 06:02 PM   #1
fs34
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

I got a schroth quick fit from a forum member, new in the box.

I'm having an issue with how it came assembled. The install is supposed to be a metal bracket to the seatbelt mount in the left side of the drivers seat which then clips to the left side of the Schroth lab belt with a caribeener style latch.

My harness came with that caribeener style latch, but it is separate and the harness itself has a female seatbelt receptacle there.

Am I somehow supposed to remove the left lap belt section that has an unusable female receptacle and replace it with the caribeener style hook section?

I have pictures but having trouble posting them using Imgur.

Anyone dealt with this before? I have verified it is the correct belt for an e90, the DOT tag has that info on there and everything else fits.

Thank you!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 06:20 PM   #2
macdude357
Captain
Rep
Drives: IB E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fs34 View Post

I’m having an issue with how it came assembled. The install is supposed to be a metal bracket to the seatbelt mount in the left side of the drivers seat which then clips to the left side of the Schroth lab belt with a caribeener style latch.

My harness came with that caribeener style latch, but it is separate and the harness itself has a female seatbelt receptacle there.

Am I somehow supposed to remove the left lap belt section that has an unusable female receptacle and replace it with the caribeener style hook section?

Anyone dealt with this before? I have verified it is the correct belt for an e90, the DOT tag has that info on there and everything else fits.

Thank you!!!
You might have to post pics. The caribiner does get hooked to the clip you install on the outboard side of the front seat. The other side of the lap belt goes into the OEM lap belt receptacle. For the shoulder harness, one side clips into the rear seat OEM lap belt receptacle and the other goes into the clip you install over the other rear seatbelt anchor point. I can't recall if my harness came with an extra caribiner to use in place of the OEM lapbelt recepticle or not.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 09:03 PM   #3
fs34
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdude357 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fs34 View Post

I'm having an issue with how it came assembled. The install is supposed to be a metal bracket to the seatbelt mount in the left side of the drivers seat which then clips to the left side of the Schroth lab belt with a caribeener style latch.

Thank you!!!
You might have to post pics. The caribiner does get hooked to the clip you install on the outboard side of the front seat. The other side of the lap belt goes into the OEM lap belt receptacle. For the shoulder harness, one side clips into the rear seat OEM lap belt receptacle and the other goes into the clip you install over the other rear seatbelt anchor point. I can't recall if my harness came with an extra caribiner to use in place of the OEM lapbelt recepticle or not.
Picture added.

In the pic, the carabiner and strap are loose and not part of the whole "assembly".

I plan to call HMS and see if they can help, hopefully someone has encountered this.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 09:14 PM   #4
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

https://www.hmsmotorsport.com/doc-sh...structions.pdf

This help?
      02-03-2021, 09:17 PM   #5
chief
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Melbourne Red M3 Coupe

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.51]
Looks like you are missing the anchor for the left side (drivers side). Here is a video I found that might help: Schroth Quick Fit Pro Harness Installation - BMW E90
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 09:21 PM   #6
fs34
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
Looks like you are missing the anchor for the left side (drivers side). Here is a video I found that might help: Schroth Quick Fit Pro Harness Installation - BMW E90
I have the front anchor that attaches to the seat.

My problem is the lap belt has a female buckle installed and my carabiner piece is separate.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 10:05 PM   #7
fs34
Lieutenant
Rep

Yellow arrow - loose belt with carabiner hook

Second yellow arrow is the piece that's mounted on the left side of the driver seat and the carabiner hook is supposed to latch to it.

Red arrow - installed lap belt with female buckle

The carabiner belt needs to be in place of the female buckle belt. I can't just pull it out and re-thread, there is a black plastic piece in the way and I don't want to break it in case I have to return it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 10:18 PM   #8
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep

I think you're missing this bit. And that extra piece you have is an anti sub attachment, maybe?
Attached Images

02-04-2021, 12:29 AM   #9
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

Your harness looks correct as assembled. As SAMM3Y said, you're missing the belt buckle piece that goes on your left side at the original seat belt bottom rail.

I don't know what that carabiner piece is for.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 08:48 AM   #10
jpirelli
Power is nothing without control
Rep
Drives: E90 + E92

I had an E90 Quick Fit before I sold the car. My shop replaced the lap belt w/ female buckle with the lap belt w/ carabiner. I don't know the details but it should be possible because it worked.

Contact Schroth / HMS and they should be able to guide you through it.

Another option is to buy an extra tail strap (same piece as the one you put in the back seat) and use that with the harness the way it is.

I believe the E92 Quick Fit comes with two tail straps since the mounting point is not on the seat but it's on the floor so you need the extra length.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 11:21 AM   #11
chief
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Melbourne Red M3 Coupe

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.51]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
I think you're missing this bit. And that extra piece you have is an anti sub attachment, maybe?
This looks like the winner!

"Its sooo much easier when you have alllll the correct parts for a kit", said Capt. Obvious.
Appreciate 1
SAMM3Y3086.50
      02-04-2021, 11:30 AM   #12
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

"Its sooo much easier when you have alllll the correct parts for a kit", said Capt. Obvious.
Yeah I think OP has an e90 so might be different and I did a little sleuthing last night and think he needs to switch out the male buckle on the part with the extra female receptacle for the one with the carbiner latch type and install the hook in the sub pack down by the drivers door to latch into? Confusing with out a diagram but it makes sense in my head.
      02-04-2021, 12:25 PM   #13
fs34
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah I think OP has an e90 so might be different and I did a little sleuthing last night and think he needs to switch out the male buckle on the part with the extra female receptacle for the one with the carbiner latch type and install the hook in the sub pack down by the drivers door to latch into? Confusing with out a diagram but it makes sense in my head.
This is correct. I spoke to customer support and that's what they said, to swap the buckles.
Appreciate 0