Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

05-26-2021, 11:19 AM   #1
evoix
Major
Rep
Drives: X3m Evo IX Evo X

Vomited in my car

Finally saw a g80 m3 comp and g82 m4 on the road yesterday in Long Island. Both of the cars look really good from the back and side. I Actually like the rear diffuser and the wide body look. At this point I actually thought about getting one and going to bmw on my next day off to order one. I got to finally pass it after traffic cleared up and then slightly vomited after looking back and seeing the hood and front grill

In all honesty I know we spoke about the front end being ugly over and over but seeing this car on the road just took ugly to another level. The new Toyota Camry puts this car to Shame based on looks.
So disappointed Bc I really thought it would look better on the road and I would Warm up to it.
Appreciate 13
The_Werm214.00
clutchdj1907.50
HotRodM4691.50
swagon13567.50
Suds1603.00
PhatLyfe985.00
cobra2814112.00
shay2nak1070.00
zamboni1132.00
      05-26-2021, 11:36 AM   #2
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Ha!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 11:49 AM   #3
deeldoo
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 - DCT 2016

Car looks worse from the side but only marginally but i respect your opinion.

I saw a G82 in white in toronto and was absolutely disgusted. The front end is absolutely hideous and lacks aggression while that grill has all these sensors and buttons that look like the car has moles on it.

The side is gross due to the body lines and how freaking long it is, it's almost as long as an M8
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 11:54 AM   #4
Jockey
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 992 C4S

Well played sir

It's such a shame, by most metrics it out-performs the F8x. Not that I can safely reach the limits of my F80 on the street anyways, so kinda moot.

But my F80 still gets lookbacks from me. It's such a good looking car. I just can't ever see a G8x doing the same for me. Sorry, just not going to buy an ugly car no matter how a good performer it is.
Appreciate 13
      05-26-2021, 12:16 PM   #5
deeldoo
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Well played sir

It's such a shame, by most metrics it out-performs the F8x. Not that I can safely reach the limits of my F80 on the street anyways, so kinda moot.

But my F80 still gets lookbacks from me. It's such a good looking car. I just can't ever see a G8x doing the same for me. Sorry, just not going to buy an ugly car no matter how a good performer it is.
The thing is it will perform better for a lap or 2 or 3 forsure and maybe it matches the F8X who knows.

But we have seen 0 long term feedback on it's track capabilities or anything else. At the end of the day no one wants to be tracking cars as heavy as the F8X or G8X so it's kind of a moot point. Sure some people do track them because of their reliability, insane cooling, and ability to be thrashed, but not because of their prowess. You can rail off faster lap times in a 5000 dollar kart or a spec miata for a quarter of the price. At this phase i don't see how the G8X surpasses the F8X durability on the track as the F8X is already maxed out as top tier thrashability, the G8X can only match it.

Where the car's should be compared is daily driveability, driving experience, and looks. I can see the G8X being a better daily, as for driving experience (this is a little subjective) i haven't driven the G8X but the massive size, lack of head smacking S3 redline shifts, lack of slideability (theatrics) in my opinion makes it a more boring ride. As for looks well i mean that one is a no brainer
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 12:31 PM   #6
evoix
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeldoo View Post
Car looks worse from the side but only marginally but i respect your opinion.

I saw a G82 in white in toronto and was absolutely disgusted. The front end is absolutely hideous and lacks aggression while that grill has all these sensors and buttons that look like the car has moles on it.

The side is gross due to the body lines and how freaking long it is, it's almost as long as an M8
Totally agree with the sensors looking misplaced and lack of aggression. Bmw front ends are supposed to look mean.

I kinda liked the side. But I saw it too quick to get a real feel for it. The wheels are ugly as hell on the competition. I hated the 666’s when They first came out but now I really like them. I was hoping to force myself to accept this car but I can’t justify spending so much money on it. Can’t see this thing parked in my driveway Bc it’s such an eye sore.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 12:33 PM   #7
evoix
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Well played sir

I don’t blame you. I still drool when I see a f80. It’s like seeing it for the first time lol.
Appreciate 7
The_Werm214.00
Jockey3457.00
HotRodM4691.50
ewilson88118.00
shay2nak1070.00
zamboni1132.00
      05-26-2021, 12:45 PM   #8
The_Werm
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F82 6MT Nardo grey

Garage List
2019 M4  [10.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
From my experience the f8x is much faster than spec Miata for 20-30 min sessions at the tracks here in Florida but I see your point.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 01:09 PM   #9
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

Quote:
The thing is it will perform better for a lap or 2 or 3 forsure and maybe it matches the F8X who knows.

But we have seen 0 long term feedback on it's track capabilities or anything else. At the end of the day no one wants to be tracking cars as heavy as the F8X or G8X so it's kind of a moot point. Sure some people do track them because of their reliability, insane cooling, and ability to be thrashed, but not because of their prowess. You can rail off faster lap times in a 5000 dollar kart or a spec miata for a quarter of the price. At this phase i don't see how the G8X surpasses the F8X durability on the track as the F8X is already maxed out as top tier thrashability, the G8X can only match it.

Where the car's should be compared is daily driveability, driving experience, and looks. I can see the G8X being a better daily, as for driving experience (this is a little subjective) i haven't driven the G8X but the massive size, lack of head smacking S3 redline shifts, lack of slideability (theatrics) in my opinion makes it a more boring ride. As for looks well i mean that one is a no brainer

That's an absolutely ridiculous statement.

I ran high 2:07 with a big brake kit, Toyo RRs and stock EDC. The above lap was on NT01s and stock brakes. Most of the cars, including 600+ hp ones, couldn't hit my top speeds on the backstraight of the Glen.

The F8x DESTROYS most of the cars you'll see at the track. It's within a second of a 1LE Camaro (Not ZL1).

Yes - it has terrible stock brakes/brake cooling and a terrible factory suspension but the chassis is superb and comparing it to spec miata is insane.
Appreciate 4
      05-26-2021, 01:51 PM   #10
Jockey
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
At the end of the day no one wants to be tracking cars as heavy as the F8X or G8X so it's kind of a moot point.
There's a ton of people that do track their F8x, a lot actually.

That's suppose to be the selling point of these cars. Go get groceries on Monday in the car you were thrashing at the track on Sunday.
Appreciate 1
SD ///M42993.00
      05-26-2021, 01:55 PM   #11
deeldoo
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Quote:

That's an absolutely ridiculous statement.

I ran high 2:07 with a big brake kit, Toyo RRs and stock EDC. The above lap was on NT01s and stock brakes. Most of the cars, including 600+ hp ones, couldn't hit my top speeds on the backstraight of the Glen.

The F8x DESTROYS most of the cars you'll see at the track. It's within a second of a 1LE Camaro (Not ZL1).

Yes - it has terrible stock brakes/brake cooling and a terrible factory suspension but the chassis is superb and comparing it to spec miata is insane.
Okay fair maybe the miata is a bit of a stretch but you get what i mean. Take a civic with a laptop put slicks on it, or some other junker with high tuning capacity, you would be right there competing, it all depends on how much money you want to throw at a problem.

Or as i said buy a 5k shifter kart, motorcycle, etc. and run laps around everyone if posting numbers is your thing.

For most people who want to put down laps with a "car" they aren't worried that someone else put down a faster lap with some highly modded cheapo car, and the ones who do care aren't looking to buy G8X's or F8X's.

Point is your F8X at the end of the day is not the fastest car to ever be on a track, so in terms of dick measuring competitions, there are none to be had.

Plenty of people can drive something faster for less money, all the other points (daily drive ability, theatrics, feel, looks, rarity, etc) are much more important in a road car.

The G8X is a let down on most of those compared to any F8X. Sure it may lay down better lap times but for 99.9999% of us that won't matter. I reckon most people here aren't being employed to knock down quicker lap times and if they were unless they are in a division that boast 3800+lb boats as it's ride of choice i think you can get around faster in plenty of other things and pull more G's.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 02:09 PM   #12
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Okay fair maybe the miata is a bit of a stretch but you get what i mean. Take a civic with a laptop put slicks on it, or some other junker with high tuning capacity, you would be right there competing, it all depends on how much money you want to throw at a problem.

Or as i said buy a 5k shifter kart, motorcycle, etc. and run laps around everyone if posting numbers is your thing.

For most people who want to put down laps with a "car" they aren't worried that someone else put down a faster lap with some highly modded cheapo car, and the ones who do care aren't looking to buy G8X's or F8X's.

Point is your F8X at the end of the day is not the fastest car to ever be on a track, so in terms of dick measuring competitions, there are none to be had.

Plenty of people can drive something faster for less money, all the other points (daily drive ability, theatrics, feel, looks, rarity, etc) are much more important in a road car.

The G8X is a let down on most of those compared to any F8X. Sure it may lay down better lap times but for 99.9999% of us that won't matter. I reckon most people here aren't being employed to knock down quicker lap times and if they were unless they are in a division that boast 3800+lb boats as it's ride of choice i think you can get around faster in plenty of other things and pull more G's.
It's not true - this isn't roll racing. An ecu flash isn't going to change your chassis, balance or how driver friendly the car is. I don't think you appreciate how good the F8x chassis is. Motorcycles can't even corner fast so idk why you mentioned that. The F8x is going to be one of the most common race cars on the track in the near future - when they start to become more affordable at least.

Of course it's not, my Z06 was way faster than my F8x but it wasn't crippled from the factory with bad suspension and brakes. It also had a shitload more power and ran about 100F hotter oil temps and 50F hotter water temps. It wasn't anywhere near as driver friendly or easy to throw around like the F8x was. You have to compare cars more fairly - it's not a free for all.

The G8x probably won't be as fast as the F8x at all. Whatever initial numbers you're seeing are probably mostly tied into stock tires and the AWD version. It does have better brakes now as well. The G8x is the furthest disconnect BMW has ever had from real performance - they just make cars for instagram kids who think mashing a throttle in a straight line is fun.

The biggest issue with the G8x is obesity and consumable costs.

Again, you're really selling the F8x short. A good suspension and good brakes sends it to another level.
Appreciate 3
NickyC17639.00
clutchdj1907.50
CanAutM321130.50
      05-26-2021, 02:18 PM   #13
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

I don’t care if it’s 1/10th of a second quicker to sixty than our cars. It could be a full second faster and it still couldn’t outrun the ugly. The F8x blows the doors off those turds from every single angle looks wise. I hate those gotdamned cars, I hate ‘em!
Appreciate 6
Jockey3457.00
shay2nak1070.00
Driver_X116.00
zamboni1132.00
      05-26-2021, 03:04 PM   #14
Ervin87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 | B5 S4 | E30

Majority hated the E9X to F8X look, and same is happening here. At the end of the day, it all comes down to personal preference. Every generation has and will have its pros and cons. Pick your favorite.

What is not debatable, is the overall development of the G8X, and facts are that it is a better car in many aspects over previous generations (chassis, power-train, comfort, performance, safety, technology, etc). Every new M generation takes years of R&D and BMW does not go backwards.

I still have and enjoy my E92 M3 over the F8X, but I also don't go around saying that E9X is superior to F8X and especially G8X.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 03:11 PM   #15
Laostuh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP Azurite Black

Black is the only color that makes the front end of this car bearable because it hides it so well.
Appreciate 3
      05-26-2021, 03:21 PM   #16
Jockey
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervin87 View Post
Majority hated the E9X to F8X look, and same is happening here. At the end of the day, it all comes down to personal preference. Every generation has and will have its pros and cons. Pick your favorite.

What is not debatable, is the overall development of the G8X, and facts are that it is a better car in many aspects over previous generations (chassis, power-train, comfort, performance, safety, technology, etc). Every new M generation takes years of R&D and BMW does not go backwards.

I still have and enjoy my E92 M3 over the F8X, but I also don't go around saying that E9X is superior to F8X and especially G8X.
No, people didn't hate the F8X because of the way it looked.

They hated a turbocharged M3 (the horror), EPS, and the sound (can also be tied to the engine).

The F8X had all the classic BMW design elements. The one thing you can maybe argue is a busy front end.
Appreciate 6
      05-26-2021, 07:57 PM   #17
Taco_Bueno
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM BMW M4 F82

Hahahaha! Good one OP. I actually laughed out loud.

In response to the above discussion, it really doesn't matter at all what you have to say about the G8X; doesn't matter if it's faster, more ergonomic, or makes me tacos while giving me a handy every time I drive it.

It's hideous. Short of a Nissan Juke it's the ugliest car I've ever seen. What good is a car if you have to shield your eyes every time you walk up to it in fear of losing your lunch? My gf has actually expressed jealousy of the way I look back at my F82, "Wish you looked at me like that..." THAT, my friends, is how you know you've got a great looking car.

Not to mention, how oblivious can you be to the safety of others when you are driving it? You'll be causing massive accidents everywhere you drive as people collide with each other while they're vomiting uncontrollably at the mere sight of your +$80k car?
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2021, 04:44 AM   #18
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Why you worried about what someone else do with their money.

"And then I saw the front..."

👶 🍼

HOW TO STOP COMPARING YOURSELF TO OTHERS

YOUR ROUTE TO PERSONAL FREEDOM
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2021, 04:49 AM   #19
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Expected something else reading that title
      05-27-2021, 06:34 AM   #20
evoix
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ninja View Post
Why you worried about what someone else do with their money.

"And then I saw the front..."

�� ��

HOW TO STOP COMPARING YOURSELF TO OTHERS

YOUR ROUTE TO PERSONAL FREEDOM

Yo. Go back to your g80 forum and enjoy your g80. No one is comparing anything except for cars which is what the forums are for.

Minding Your own business in regards to others opinions on a car forum : route to personal freedom lol
Appreciate 5
deeldoo1123.50
2011ninja3414.00
MDuckie96.00
Driver_X116.00
IB M2790.00
      05-27-2021, 07:46 AM   #21
evoix
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco_Bueno View Post
Hahahaha! Good one OP. I actually laughed out loud.

In response to the above discussion, it really doesn't matter at all what you have to say about the G8X; doesn't matter if it's faster, more ergonomic, or makes me tacos while giving me a handy every time I drive it.

It's hideous. Short of a Nissan Juke it's the ugliest car I've ever seen. What good is a car if you have to shield your eyes every time you walk up to it in fear of losing your lunch? My gf has actually expressed jealousy of the way I look back at my F82, "Wish you looked at me like that..." THAT, my friends, is how you know you've got a great looking car.

Not to mention, how oblivious can you be to the safety of others when you are driving it? You'll be causing massive accidents everywhere you drive as people collide with each other while they're vomiting uncontrollably at the mere sight of your +$80k car?

Lmaoo. That’s the truth. The juke and Aztec were horrible looking cars lol. I take pride in what Cars are in my driveway and I couldn’t pull the trigger on this car. Don’t Blame you. F82 is something to look back at and isn’t a car you have to negotiate with yourself to like.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 08:40 AM   #22
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervin87 View Post

I must be living on a whole different planet.

The E9X didn't blow anyone's load appearance wise but I also didn't hear a lot of negative reaction. To be fair, it was replacing the E46 which is still probably the most beautiful M ever.

The F8X is GORGEOUS. It just sounds awful, especially after the E9X.
Appreciate 3