06-27-2021, 03:41 AM   #1
TheRealX5
TheRealX5
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X5 40i, Land Cruiser, GT3 RS

What does this mean?

F15 SAV Europe.

Does this mean the vehicle is European spec?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2021, 05:36 AM   #2
devlinsky
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15 M50d / ex E90 335i / Panda

You need to elaborate a little more
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2021, 04:03 PM   #3
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Ditto…what is the context? Where are you seeing this ”F15 SAV Europe”?

If you are looking at a part database site…then that would mean that the diagrams, engines, and models you see listed will be the ones that were sold to the European market. This would indicate that you will see parts listed for LHD & RHD…and if there’s any other specific production components for that market…like rough road suspension components etc will be listed.

Examples below of one of the part database sites that will list wording like you posted based on the market selected:
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2021, 08:28 PM   #4
The Libertine
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Porsche Macan

European market?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2021, 11:39 PM   #5
TheRealX5
TheRealX5
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Ditto…what is the context? Where are you seeing this ”F15 SAV Europe”?

If you are looking at a part database site…then that would mean that the diagrams, engines, and models you see listed will be the ones that were sold to the European market. This would indicate that you will see parts listed for LHD & RHD…and if there’s any other specific production components for that market…like rough road suspension components etc will be listed.

Examples below of one of the part database sites that will list wording like you posted based on the market selected:
Yes, I got it from that website. Sorry for not elaborating more. Does this mean the car was Euro spec? I know this car was not sold in Europe. It was sold new in UAE by a reputed BMW Dealership.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2021, 05:12 PM   #6
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealX5 View Post
Yes, I got it from that website. Sorry for not elaborating more. Does this mean the car was Euro spec? I know this car was not sold in Europe. It was sold new in UAE by a reputed BMW Dealership.
For that website..it means that’s where the diagram and part nbrs are found if that’s what came up when you entered the last 7 digits of your VIN.

If it was sold to your market to an authorized BMW dealership…and if your country has regulations that need to be met…then all of those things will be appropriate to be sold in that market. It appears your market is similar to owners from Australia and New Zealand. I believe there cars usually are found under the “Euro” banner.

For example, if your country requires a warning in Arabic on the passenger mirror…the part nbrs will be found in the Euro diagrams. Or if you have RHD (right hand drive) vehicles…those parts will be found in the Euro diagrams. Here in the USA…those numbers will not appear in the mirror diagrams.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 05:25 AM   #7
TheRealX5
TheRealX5
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
For that website..it means that’s where the diagram and part nbrs are found if that’s what came up when you entered the last 7 digits of your VIN.

If it was sold to your market to an authorized BMW dealership…and if your country has regulations that need to be met…then all of those things will be appropriate to be sold in that market. It appears your market is similar to owners from Australia and New Zealand. I believe there cars usually are found under the “Euro” banner.

For example, if your country requires a warning in Arabic on the passenger mirror…the part nbrs will be found in the Euro diagrams. Or if you have RHD (right hand drive) vehicles…those parts will be found in the Euro diagrams. Here in the USA…those numbers will not appear in the mirror diagrams.
Oh I see. Thank you for your help.
Appreciate 0