BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-29-2021, 01:29 PM   #1
Thatnewx5guy
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xdrive 35i

F15 X5 PDC issues

So I have a issue with my pdc on my x5 f15 they recommend I take the bumper off and inspect the harness anyone ever have this issue
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 03:57 PM   #2
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Well what kind of advice do you expect? If one of the sensors is out yeah you do need to take the bumper off, if your car is still under warranty then let the dealer deal with it, if you are out of warranty you can DIY if you want.
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2021, 04:01 PM   #3
Thatnewx5guy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_Y_ View Post
Well what kind of advice do you expect? If one of the sensors is out yeah you do need to take the bumper off, if your car is still under warranty then let the dealer deal with it, if you are out of warranty you can DIY if you want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_Y_ View Post
Yeah I have to diy it because it's no linger under warranty
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 04:07 PM   #4
scotty339
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 x35i M-Sport

If it is one of the outter non-color matched sensors, you can use VALEO 890007 PN to replace it. Its about $50 or less, much cheaper than OEM BMW. Mine took a big bug/rock on the highway. Valeo is the OEM for Porsche, BMW and many others. If its a inner and color matched.... $$$$.

I was able to take off the wheel and remove some of the plastic coverings on the inside of the wheel well. I had enough room to stick my arm up an using two long bladed flat screw drivers was able to pry the tabs up to pop it out and replace it without taking off the bumper.

Does the sensor have any visible damage or marks? If so, I see no reason to take off the bumper and inspect the harness. Regardless, that is just the ISTA plan, geared towards warranty repairs.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/va...d+sensor,10750
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2021, 08:28 PM   #5
Thatnewx5guy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty339 View Post
If it is one of the outter non-color matched sensors, you can use VALEO 890007 PN to replace it. Its about $50 or less, much cheaper than OEM BMW. Mine took a big bug/rock on the highway. Valeo is the OEM for Porsche, BMW and many others. If its a inner and color matched.... $$$$.

I was able to take off the wheel and remove some of the plastic coverings on the inside of the wheel well. I had enough room to stick my arm up an using two long bladed flat screw drivers was able to pry the tabs up to pop it out and replace it without taking off the bumper.

Does the sensor have any visible damage or marks? If so, I see no reason to take off the bumper and inspect the harness. Regardless, that is just the ISTA plan, geared towards warranty repairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty339 View Post

Not that I can think of I haven't got in there I took it to the dealer and that was what they gave me they recommended looking at the harness so I'm most likely going to do that tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 01:16 AM   #6
mrrsharma@yahoo.com
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 35D F15

I got the same error a day ago while driving. One of my lower front sensors has a chip from a rock or something. I cleaned it with WD-40 (check YouTube) and it's a temp fix. The error went away, but I probably will have to change it out in the near future. If you look at the 4 front you can usually see which one it is, most likely a lower one which is cheaper to replace. The 2 upper middle are painted to match the bumper, so hopefully it's not one of those.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 01:18 AM   #7
Thatnewx5guy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrsharma@yahoo.com View Post
I got the same error a day ago while driving. One of my lower front sensors has a chip from a rock or something. I cleaned it with WD-40 (check YouTube) and it's a temp fix. The error went away, but I probably will have to change it out in the near future. If you look at the 4 front you can usually see which one it is, most likely a lower one which is cheaper to replace. The 2 upper middle are painted to match the bumper, so hopefully it's not one of those.
Quote:
I'm going to try that tomorrow they said on that paper that it was front left number one so let's hope that's the one
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 11:37 AM   #8
Thatnewx5guy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatnewx5guy View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I'm going to try that tomorrow they said on that paper that it was front left number one so let's hope that's the one
I tried it and it did not work
Appreciate 0